(Topic ID: 14968)

How many of you desire to find machines from your childhood?

By the96stang

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Drano
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many of you desire to find machines from your childhood/Teen years?”

• I design my whole collection around my childhood 6 votes
      8%
    • About half of my games are from my childhood 13 votes
      18%
    • One or two are from my childhood 45 votes
      62%
    • None! They are too old! 9 votes
      12%

(73 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Line_Drive__.jpg
    Line_Drive_.jpg
    Line_Drive.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider examiner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 11 years ago

My only real memory is of pitch and bat games at the bowling alley back in the late 60's/early 70's.

In hindsight, since my family has always been baseball fans, maybe that is why I was allowed to play the P&B game and not too many traditional pinballs. My parents probably thought that was much more wholesome than those evil pinball machines with the gambling connotations and the sexy girls on the glass.

When I was a bit of an older teenager in the mid 70's, my Dad did buy a Brunswick home pinball for the basement gameroom, and I do remember playing that a lot. (not looking for one though!). My Dad was cool, I miss him.

Anyway - today I like the newer stuff, not the older stuff. I'll just enjoy the great memories of the old machines and what *I* think is the better play of the newer machines.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider examiner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-of-you-desire-to-find-machines-from-your-childhood?tu=examiner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.