(Topic ID: 109188)

how many mustang premium boss were made?

By gawcol

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BOSS_82.jpg
image-778.jpg
image-346.jpg
image-274.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Premium Number.JPG
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

My friend has a mustang premium boss edition,
it has a numbered plaque on it saying something like "Mustang boss performance edition nr98",
since it's not limited it doesn't say "nr 98 of ... ",
does anyone with premium boss has a higher number? so we could know a bit how many were made.
I'm doubting about purchasing this one also...

#2 9 years ago

The Mustang Premium I have is #66. Stern Pinball does not (generally) release production figures. With such low numbers the Premium may become a rare pin. If it there are a 100 games made, then it may become a true collectable.

1 month later
#3 9 years ago

I have #87

#4 9 years ago

Will the Mustang run be similar to the Stern NBA run?

#5 9 years ago

#39,I am thinking very few were made

#6 9 years ago

I think maybe only 100 were made... a friend has the premium nr98 for a month now, He was very happy with the numbered plaque off course, eventhough it doesn't mention the total that were made.
after playing his game a few times, I also bought a pro version of mustang. I like it too, but the premium backglass is really nice... this will be a very rare game... I like underrated games... if you don't let yourself being influenced about what some people who never played the games write on forums and give it a shot, they might be surprising fun, I have stern nba in my collection too, and if someone comes here, that's the one they want to play...

#7 9 years ago

Unlike NBA, Mustang doesn't actually deserve to be labelled a turd though. And don't tell me it's just because I dislike basketball. I really like NBAFB, but Stern NBA is just a DOG of a game.

1 month later
#8 9 years ago

Number 106 was spotted by a Pinsider at an expo.

#9 9 years ago

109 now sighted.

#10 9 years ago

I have heard one run of 200

1 week later
#11 9 years ago

Curious. I see pics of the premium and they have the numbered plaque on them. Yet, when you read the matrix of differences between the three models, only the LE has the numbered plaque, and when looking at Sterns website photos, the Premium does not show a plaque either. Was this something they did in earlier runs only?

#12 9 years ago

Just got my Boss yesterday. FUN AS HELL GAME !!!!!!!!!!!
I'm having more fun with this than Star Trek LE and Walking Dead LE !!

Very happy with this purchase. Anyone who looked over it based on theme is a dope.
Everything is implemented well, code is amazing and deep, DOTS, voice work top notch, sounds and music as is also tops. Even has some humor in it. The Boss is the one to have ! Best art package as well.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Curious. I see pics of the premium and they have the numbered plaque on them. Yet, when you read the matrix of differences between the three models, only the LE has the numbered plaque, and when looking at Sterns website photos, the Premium does not show a plaque either. Was this something they did in earlier runs only?

All Boss pins get the plaque, it was an after thought when the flyer came out. The speaker panel also has the carbon fiber look full decal different than the pics as the racing stripes on the flyer.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

All Boss pins get the plaque, it was an after thought when the flyer came out. The speaker panel also has the carbon fiber look full decal different than the pics as the racing stripes on the flyer.

What number did you get?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

What number did you get?

102 in the one box. Not sure the other yet.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#16 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

102 in the one box. Not sure the other yet.

I don't think we've seen anything above 110.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Just got my Boss yesterday. FUN AS HELL GAME !!!!!!!!!!!
I'm having more fun with this than Star Trek LE and Walking Dead LE !!
Very happy with this purchase. Anyone who looked over it based on theme is a dope.
Everything is implemented well, code is amazing and deep, DOTS, voice work top notch, sounds and music as is also tops. Even has some humor in it. The Boss is the one to have ! Best art package as well.

I agree on all points - though I like the art package on all versions of the game. FUN GAME!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Great, thanks for the info!

#19 9 years ago

Well....bit the bullet and went out and got myself a Premium today. Number 70. This is an awesome pin!!

Premium Number.JPGPremium Number.JPG
#20 9 years ago

I had a few over tonight, game was hugely popular. Had many that played the Pro early on last year with weak code write it off as a dog. They were literally blown away at how fun this premium was. It's a very fun well done game. Glad I waited and now finally got this gem.

#21 9 years ago

Ford XR3Z-16098-DD
XR3Z-16098-CC

Or a 2pc. set Ford Motorsport M-1447-SR gets both.

Take a dremel tool and grind off the placement locating pin and tab, peel and stick. Easy.

image.jpgimage.jpg

1969 Boss left ramp
1970 Boss center
1971 Boss right ramp

image.jpgimage.jpg image-274.jpgimage-274.jpg image-346.jpgimage-346.jpg image-778.jpgimage-778.jpg
#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Went out and got myself a Premium Number 70 today. This is an awesome pin!

Coongrats. I've owned Boss premium number 0062 for months and really like it.

Quoted from mnpinball:

Take a dremel tool and grind off the placement locating pin and tab, then peel and stick coiled snake Cobra emblems on the speaker grills.

Good idea. I own a '96 SVT Cobra Mustang and an '01 SVT Cobra Mustang and an '08 Shelby GT500.
I think I might need some snake emblems on my Boss premium.

#23 9 years ago

I disagree on the Boss art package but I very much like the theme and the game.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Coongrats. I've owned Boss premium number 0062 for months and really like it.

Good idea. I own a '96 SVT Cobra Mustang and an '01 SVT Cobra Mustang and an '08 Shelby GT500.
I think I might need some snake emblems on my Boss premium.

Let me guess. Your daily driver is a Nissan Versa.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

No that's his winter beater.

#26 9 years ago

Mustang boss 035 arrived today . Shout out to coin taker for hooking me up.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from OldHarley:

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from OldHarley:

Hey, you go out to Bonneville for the races?

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

My daily driver is a black '87 Pontiac Fiero GT 5-speed manual V6 I factory-ordered and have had since new, with just under 68,000 miles currently on the odometer. The Fiero and all three of my Mustangs (plus my wife's deep impact blue metallic 2013 Mustang GT and my inferno orange 2013 Camaro ZL1) were purchased by saving up for a few years first and then buying them. I haven't had a car payment in over thirty years.

#30 9 years ago

Is your Fiero metallic black or inferno black or deep impact black?

2 weeks later
#31 9 years ago

Mustang Premium Boss #82 has been setup.

Brad

BOSS_82.jpgBOSS_82.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-mustang-premium-boss-were-made and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.