received_1007472042652422_(resized).jpeg
20160810_144527_(resized).jpg
20160810_144110_(resized).jpg
received_957745427625084_(resized).jpeg
received_1096726143727011_(resized).jpeg
received_1096726110393681_(resized).jpeg
received_1096726070393685_(resized).jpeg
20160813_215713_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Seems like everyone and their brother and uncle and cousin are CGC/MMR distributors or more accurately resellers. Multiple places these seem to be sitting NIB and unsold.

Am I the only one thinking these are going to be fire sold at some point?

If PPS/GCG really does announce AFMr or whatever remake at Expo in 2 months then I think many of those left holding the NIB MMrs may get more motivated real quick.

thoughts?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I am sending a wire tomorrow for a MMR. Should I wait?

well.... 5 'distributors' with remakes all available and not selling

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/medieval-madness-remake-standard/market

that is telling

On top of that I highly suggest going to check out a MMr on route before considering buying. The last time I was at Logan I played that MMr and was shocked at how poorly it is holding up. Needless to say the difference in quality compared to the original was obvious!

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Like what issues? I have a friend with one on route and he hasn't had any issues at all as far as I know.

Just simply falling apart, played like crap, and beat up.

LOgans does a great job of maintaining so it was not the tech work. Just the lack of quality in the game. Looked aweful after too little time on route.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think you are completely making things up.

really? I have never seen so many distributors and their cousins advertising with NIB games. With MMr there are all the typical and real distributors combined with all these pop up collector become distributors. I see 15 different places to go buy MMr with games in stock right now.

that is ALOT of MMr just sitting around at a super high price. With the $500 each of these distros is attempting to make (at minimum) I have to assume some of the fly by night ones are going to lidudate at some point when they cant sell and then the bigger distributors are going to need to do the same if they want to sell.

Seems to me like someone did a great job of selling people on becoming distributors.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

What a serious load of crap. The 'quality' is identical to the original, all the above playfield parts are at EXACTLY the same specifications as the original. The Logan's one might be beat up, but nothing to do with a lack of quality in the machine.

sorry, not even close! I have seen and played plenty of them and been under the hood. remakes are so different that it is obvious based on how they dont hold up like the originals did.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

What don't hold up, the playfield parts are williams

Ill take pics the next time I am at logans.

#27 7 years ago

concern is the sheer number of new "distributors". Lots of new faces that are buying and reselling undwer the distributor title.

That means lots of games and lots of inventory spread out among more places.
That means more risk for the consumer (see Twisted Pins)

Just and observation and comment that every tom dick and harry seems to have stock of MMr and I dont see much demand, esp with the added risk of buying through a new reseller.

If anything I am already seeing lots of HUO and lightly used examples up for sale.

#33 7 years ago

so it is just virtual stock that these companies have?

Good to hear that it is not physical inventory. I sure would not want to be sitting on 50k of MMrs in the next few months.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Twisted Pins used to be an authorized MMR Re-seller...
https://web.archive.org/web/20150816053752/http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr-resell
And that caused a few problems for Pinsiders who placed orders for MMRs through them...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twisted-pins-beware/page/2#post-3109880

Agreed.

thanks

A big part of my reason for bringing the topic up. Lots of new people in the game. Lots of stock. From what I have seen, lots of quality issues. All these things bring potential risk for all involved.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

No I have physical stock. You want one I can ship it today.

given the quality issues I have seen with MMr I am only interested in originals

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Once again making up stuff. Who are the new unkowns in the game? Stern just finished a group of standards, you want to have stock if you are a distributor, otherwise you don't have anything to sell. There's lots of quality issues with every manufacturer right now. I don't know anyone personally with an MMr that has had a ton of issues and most have had no issues at all. Plus you have stated numerous times that you don't like Medieval Madness as a game in general so what exactly is your motivation for this.
Make sure every time stern makes a run of any of their games you start a similar thread. There's games in stock, they will plummet in value, shady people selling them, quality issues galore, wait till expo for the liquidation of all of these pieces of junk, don't buy from Tom's, Dick's, and or Harry's.

curious. What is your affiliation? You are obviously extremely defensive of my observations concerning MMr.

To say that there are no issues is pretty silly. Anyone remotely paying attention knows about the pf issues and insert backlighting problems. Anyone that has played a game after some time on it knows it is quite different from the original.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

but MMR has really been the exception. That's the truth.

nice to hear that Joe. From the ones I have seen on route they dont seem to be holding up very well.

We had considered one for route till I spent more time on the remake.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Not sure what you are referring to, Hilton, as the bulk of the ads are from consumers who are selling their own personal games.

there were a few more ads just the other day that seem to now be gone. There are also a few authorized distributors that really have no history prior to MMR. If anyone is looking to buy they should be looking to people like Joe whom has a long history of taking care of people!

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

People in most cases that have done a lot more for the hobby then you will ever pretend to.

gotta love when they resort to personal attacks.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I'm not disputing anything you are saying personally Hilton - I know you and I know you fight the good fight bud... But on a route, ya that could be a different story with ANY game - I've seen Sterns look like crap, JJPs look like crap, and I'm sure MMRs would suffer the same death if not properly cleaned, maintained, etc... But I'm telling you bud, I'm really impressed with MMRs out of the box and beyond... I even have a joke I tell customers that sometimes I feel like the maytag repair man after a sale as I don't hear from customers again - I usually like having a relationship / friendship with my customers - especially with these pre-orders it's a long process and you get to know people vs just selling a game one day and shipping the next scenario. And really there's a lot of times I see folks at shows I sold an MMR to and I bust them 'Sure email me every week for 2 years, 'where's my game' then I don't hear from you again after even to say hi'... I'm teasing them but it's the truth - we really have have ZERO service issues and it's not like I'm selling 3-5 games I've sold a lot. Just my 2 cents - not disputing anything you are saying, bud, just telling you what I see from where I sit with a lot of exposure to a lot of picky pinball folks - we don't have many issues at all.

thanks for the info Joe!

#56 7 years ago

I dont really care at all.

Just an observation.

there are:

1. LOTS of new distributors doing the MMr thing that have not been pinball distributors in the past
2. LOTS of stock of MMr currently out there and readily available from both the regular guys and these new guys (sounds like some is virtual stock and some of hard stock on hand)
3. Already issues with some of the previously approved PPS distributors >> see twisted pins debacle
4. Issues with MMr (poor insert registration/saturation) and from what I have personally seen, games not holding up over time
5. Lots of new games coming out in the next few months and lots of lightly used MMr available already, plus the likely announcement of the next remake very soon?

I think all these things contribute to the likelyhood that we are going to be seeing large price reductions on NIB MMr

I do understand that especially with the back alley re-sellers they are going to be defensive over this observation. I also understand that some MMr owners will be defensive.

I see the market has shifted on MMr and supply seems to have gone up with demand going down.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

it almost sounds like this entire post is wishful thinking and MMR hate even though there are experienced distributors on here vouching for the game. OP do you own an original MM that you paid $18000 for a couple years ago perhaps and hoping to see it rise again because of the supposed low quality remake? I don't see your collection posted to your account. That's the only sense any of this would make as a post to try to discredit authorized dealers with no backup or naming anyone. Using this strange one off example of a supposed beat up MMr as your punching bag saying the machine is not well built when its basically universally accepted that it IS well built and true to the original.
like jgentry said its the #1 game of all time and there are a lot of people including myself that would love to own one and will someday. The demand is there and the value will hold closer to the original than any MM owner is likely comfortable with. Plus where are all these used MMR's? I haven't seen many at all for sale that aren't originals or NIB.

(Contents moderated). I owned a MM back inthe day and found it to be lackluster and boring. If looking for a fan layout them afm is the much better game, theme, and comedy.
(Contents moderated) Stick around for a while and get some experience tearing into machines and then you may be able to develop an opinion on what deems quality; mmr is far from the quality in build of the original.
Used mmr are all over the place. A few in the market here. A few on ebay. Quite a few on regional clists. Really are lots of them and that is not even debatable, just take 5 min and look. Demand has definately gone way down in the past few months when it used to outstrip supply.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-mmr-distributors-are-there?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.