received_1007472042652422_(resized).jpeg
20160810_144527_(resized).jpg
20160810_144110_(resized).jpg
received_957745427625084_(resized).jpeg
received_1096726143727011_(resized).jpeg
received_1096726110393681_(resized).jpeg
received_1096726070393685_(resized).jpeg
20160813_215713_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

And just incase anyone wants to actually know who the distributors are they are listed on the PPS website for all the world to see and there is not that many of them. Looks like there is a whopping 14 US distributors. I'm not sure how many of them are Tom, Dick, or Harry though.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=Resellers

We are an authorized distributor and yes, that's the list of the folks who are authorized - if you know of any others selling then just contact PPS / Chicago Gaming as I'm sure they'd want to know who they authorized is selling games in back alleys to people they shouldn't be. Unauthorized distributors do nobody any good - you or us. We deal with it with JJP. Consumers are buying from unauthorized people who have no knowledge of games, can't service what they sell, can't order parts, can't do warranty repair work, can't intervene and deal with tech support for the customer, etc... What pisses me off is it's usually it's newbies that get taken as they just go to websites or Ebay and buy. You'll see alot of this pop up around Xmas time to take advantage of these folks just looking to buy a game and not get 'into' the hobby and research. These fly by nights have no booths at shows and don't bring games for attendees to play, don't support the shows financially, don't donate to tournaments, and a lot of other stuff anyone on an authorized list usually does. Think of it this way - if they aren't on an authorized distributor list there IS a reason why - surely they asked at one point and were denied or they don't have the financial means to buy product and support it - both should scare the hell out of you if you're spending $ 8,000 - $ 9,000. That said anyone who has games listed in the marketplace right now seems to be legit. Not sure what you are referring to, Hilton, as the bulk of the ads are from consumers who are selling their own personal games. All seems ok to me.

For what it's worth too - I have shipped maybe 40-50 MMRs so far - LEs and Standards and we have had next to ZERO service issues - a few minor things here and there but the quality of the game as others have said is incredibly impressive. I rarely need to get involved with any customers after they get their games. Trust me, that's really something as most every other game we sell has service issues - major and minor, and you know what it's kind of expected, but MMR has really been the exception. That's the truth.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nice to hear that Joe. From the ones I have seen on route they dont seem to be holding up very well.
We had considered one for route till I spent more time on the remake.

I'm not disputing anything you are saying personally Hilton - I know you and I know you fight the good fight bud... But on a route, ya that could be a different story with ANY game - I've seen Sterns look like crap, JJPs look like crap, and I'm sure MMRs would suffer the same death if not properly cleaned, maintained, etc... But I'm telling you bud, I'm really impressed with MMRs out of the box and beyond... I even have a joke I tell customers that sometimes I feel like the maytag repair man after a sale as I don't hear from customers again - I usually like having a relationship / friendship with my customers - especially with these pre-orders it's a long process and you get to know people vs just selling a game one day and shipping the next scenario. And really there's a lot of times I see folks at shows I sold an MMR to and I bust them 'Sure email me every week for 2 years, 'where's my game' then I don't hear from you again after even to say hi'... I'm teasing them but it's the truth - we really have have ZERO service issues and it's not like I'm selling 3-5 games I've sold a lot. Just my 2 cents - not disputing anything you are saying, bud, just telling you what I see from where I sit with a lot of exposure to a lot of picky pinball folks - we don't have many issues at all.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there were a few more ads just the other day that seem to now be gone. There are also a few authorized distributors that really have no history prior to MMR. If anyone is looking to buy they should be looking to people like Joe whom has a long history of taking care of people!

Thank you for the kind words, and I'll add everyone on that list should be a good egg. We are vetted before we get the seal of approval, once in a while a bad egg might slip through but any of these companies will dispense of you very quickly if you aren't on the up and up. And since Larry from FlipNOut commented above I will add he's a class act and happy to have him as both a PPS and JJP peer - you will find many of us respect each other and get along. For the most part many of us are collectors like you guys and do business thing to expand on our love of the hobby. I can't comment on any pulled ads, but maybe your post scared some of those who popped their heads up back into the alleys and that should tell you something if that happened ! So, good on ya Hilton !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-mmr-distributors-are-there?tu=pinballstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.