received_1007472042652422_(resized).jpeg
20160810_144527_(resized).jpg
20160810_144110_(resized).jpg
received_957745427625084_(resized).jpeg
received_1096726143727011_(resized).jpeg
received_1096726110393681_(resized).jpeg
received_1096726070393685_(resized).jpeg
20160813_215713_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems like everyone and their brother and uncle and cousin are CGC/MMR distributors or more accurately resellers. Multiple places these seem to be sitting NIB and unsold.
Am I the only one thinking these are going to be fire sold at some point?
If PPS/GCG really does announce AFMr or whatever remake at Expo in 2 months then I think many of those left holding the NIB MMrs may get more motivated real quick.
thoughts?

I think you are completely making things up. Stern just finished a large batch of standards so a lot of distros grabbed them up. Nothing much is being made right now so I'm sure they were happy to have some games in stock to sell over the next several months. This is no different then when stern does a run of say metallica premiums. All of the sudden 20 distros have several of them. The same with every other game made. I guess all of those were fire sold off also

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

really? I have never seen so many distributors and their cousins advertising with NIB games. With MMr there are all the typical and real distributors combined with all these pop up collector become distributors. I see 15 different places to go buy MMr with games in stock right now.
that is ALOT of MMr just sitting around at a super high price. With the $500 each of these distros is attempting to make (at minimum) I have to assume some of the fly by night ones are going to lidudate at some point when they cant sell and then the bigger distributors are going to need to do the same if they want to sell.
Seems to me like someone did a great job of selling people on becoming distributors.

Yes, are you even watching the market place. The same thing happened with WOZ once the original ordered were filled. The same thing happens with every stern premium and pro once the original orders are filled. How many distros do you think stern and JJP have? I can find 15 places to buy several NIB stern pros right now no problem. Bet I can also find 15 places to buy a WOZ or a Hobbit real easy.

#24 7 years ago

I see about 5 distro in the market place with adds for the game?

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

concern is the sheer number of new "distributors". Lots of new faces that are buying and reselling undwer the distributor title.
That means lots of games and lots of inventory spread out among more places.
That means more risk for the consumer (see Twisted Pins)
Just and observation and comment that every tom dick and harry seems to have stock of MMr and I dont see much demand, esp with the added risk of buying through a new reseller.
If anything I am already seeing lots of HUO and lightly used examples up for sale.

Please stop making up stuff. Go to the market place and look instead. There are 2 used MMr LE's for sale and maybe 5-6 distributors listing NIB available. What do you think happens when a large run is completed at stern? Distributors get games, that's what happens!! Not sure your point on the distributors, they are either an approved PPS distributor or they are not. If they are approved there is likely no more risk then buying from anyone on the approved distribution list. Why don't you make a list of these 15 new shady, untrustworthy distributors that concern you. Or do you prefer to randomly try to hurt their business with false claims and insinuating that in a few months they will have to practically give the games always.

Every new game also has people that quickly sell them and move on to what is shiny and next. In reality I have seen a lot less MMrLE's for sale then any of the recent stern LE's which had smaller runs.

#31 7 years ago

And just incase anyone wants to actually know who the distributors are they are listed on the PPS website for all the world to see and there is not that many of them. Looks like there is a whopping 14 US distributors. I'm not sure how many of them are Tom, Dick, or Harry though.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=Resellers

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks
A big part of my reason for bringing the topic up. Lots of new people in the game. Lots of stock. From what I have seen, lots of quality issues. All these things bring potential risk for all involved.

Once again making up stuff. Who are the new unkowns in the game? Stern just finished a group of standards, you want to have stock if you are a distributor, otherwise you don't have anything to sell. There's lots of quality issues with every manufacturer right now. I don't know anyone personally with an MMr that has had a ton of issues and most have had no issues at all. Plus you have stated numerous times that you don't like Medieval Madness as a game in general so what exactly is your motivation for this.

Make sure every time stern makes a run of any of their games you start a similar thread. There's games in stock, they will plummet in value, shady people selling them, quality issues galore, wait till expo for the liquidation of all of these pieces of junk, don't buy from Tom's, Dick's, and or Harry's.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious. What is your affiliation? You are obviously extremely defensive of my observations concerning MMr.
To say that there are no issues is pretty silly. Anyone remotely paying attention knows about the pf issues and insert backlighting problems. Anyone that has played a game after some time on it knows it is quite different from the original.

I've never said once that they are the same as the original. Close but definitely somewhat different in feel. I also never said some people have not had issues. I said all of the friends that I hang out with that have one have had few to no issues. The games play good and look good. I have no motivation other then you are crapping on people that work hard selling games as a living. People in most cases that have done a lot more for the hobby then you will ever pretend to.

#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

gotta love when they resort to personal attacks.

Pinball Pro - They sell speakers and other stuff, ever heard of them?
Automated Services -Biggest distro for pretty much all the games
FlipNout - Larry Kitchen, guy with the escalaras at expo, tps, southern fried and numerous other shows
Pinballstar- just look at the children's hospital donation threads

These are the people you are saying are fly by night and are selling junk that will need to be liquidated soon. That's what is listed in the market place. Not sure how you see that as a personal attack. Looks more like a fact to me.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont really care at all.
Just an observation.
there are:
1. LOTS of new distributors doing the MMr thing that have not been pinball distributors in the past
2. LOTS of stock of MMr currently out there and readily available from both the regular guys and these new guys (sounds like some is virtual stock and some of hard stock on hand)
3. Already issues with some of the previously approved PPS distributors >> see twisted pins debacle
4. Issues with MMr (poor insert registration/saturation) and from what I have personally seen, games not holding up over time
5. Lots of new games coming out in the next few months and lots of lightly used MMr available already, plus the likely announcement of the next remake very soon?
I think all these things contribute to the likelyhood that we are going to be seeing large price reductions on NIB MMr
I do understand that especially with the back alley re-sellers they are going to be defensive over this observation. I also understand that some MMr owners will be defensive.
I see the market has shifted on MMr and supply seems to have gone up with demand going down.

1) You keep saying this but you don't name anyone even though you have been asked to several times. Sounds like something you just made up
2) You do not know anything about the stock on hand of pps distributors. You are making random assumptions not based on facts or actual knowledge
3) There are bad people in every road of life and people have gotten ripped off by other distributors for other companies.
4) There are issues with every new game that comes out. Name one that hasn't had them recently.
5) Not much of anything seems to be coming out right now.

A large price decrease is not going to happen. This is not TFLE, WWE, or TAFLE. This is the number 1 ranked game on pinside wether you agree with it or not a lot of people are going to want to own one. The hobby is growing and more people coming in are going to want one.

#76 7 years ago

Another shady distro hoarding all of the AC/DC's of the world. Glad I got the premium from you before you decided to keep it also

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-mmr-distributors-are-there?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.