Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by xTheBlackKnightx
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

received_10156470180580002_(resized).jpeg
received_1024401364292823_(resized).jpeg
received_1033103393422620_(resized).jpeg
received_1024397207626572_(resized).jpeg
received_1024397217626571_(resized).jpeg
20160514_225311_(resized).jpg
received_1024397087626584_(resized).jpeg
received_951911931541767_(resized).jpeg
received_1007472042652422_(resized).jpeg
20160810_144527_(resized).jpg
20160810_144110_(resized).jpg
received_957745427625084_(resized).jpeg
received_1096726143727011_(resized).jpeg
received_1096726110393681_(resized).jpeg
received_1096726070393685_(resized).jpeg
20160813_215713_(resized).jpg

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Seems like everyone and their brother and uncle and cousin are CGC/MMR distributors or more accurately resellers. Multiple places these seem to be sitting NIB and unsold.

Am I the only one thinking these are going to be fire sold at some point?

If PPS/GCG really does announce AFMr or whatever remake at Expo in 2 months then I think many of those left holding the NIB MMrs may get more motivated real quick.

thoughts?

#2 3 years ago

I hope you're right. I plan to replace TOTAN with MMR later this year. I'm moving to the Milwaukee area next month and need to get into a new house first. I hope to be ready to buy right around Expo, so the timing could work out perfectly.

#3 3 years ago

I think a "Fire Sale" in today's pinball economy isn't as exciting as the old days. I don't know how much you could move the needle to really get a response.

#4 3 years ago

I am sending a wire tomorrow for a MMR. Should I wait?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Wait and pay with a credit card.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

If you want to save money, yes... if you want to waste money, no...

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

well.... 5 'distributors' with remakes all available and not selling

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/medieval-madness-remake-standard/market

that is telling

On top of that I highly suggest going to check out a MMr on route before considering buying. The last time I was at Logan I played that MMr and was shocked at how poorly it is holding up. Needless to say the difference in quality compared to the original was obvious!

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

On top of that I highly suggest going to check out a MMr on route before considering buying. The last time I was at Logan I played that MMr and was shocked at how poorly it is holding up. Needless to say the difference in quality compared to the original was obvious!

Like what issues? I have a friend with one on route and he hasn't had any issues at all as far as I know.

#9 3 years ago

It's also possible that with GB getting pretty solid reviews (despite recent PF issues), The Hobbit now shipping, a third JJP expected to be announced before year's end and too top it all off TBL now shipping, a chunk of the market is holding their money to determine which one of these fun machines they'll buy. I forgot about Heighway Aliens, which also shouldn't be too far off (in pinball release terms) as well.

Oh and Stern AeroBatJawsStarSmith.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Like what issues? I have a friend with one on route and he hasn't had any issues at all as far as I know.

Just simply falling apart, played like crap, and beat up.

LOgans does a great job of maintaining so it was not the tech work. Just the lack of quality in the game. Looked aweful after too little time on route.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Wait and pay with a credit card.

Being charged 1.5% CC fee which offsets my points.

#12 3 years ago

I have mixed feelings on MM

Played the shit out of it. Done with it

But I want one lol

AFM would be cooler tho

I have noticed a lot of MMR games were in stock. Kinda figured it was from Stern ramping up production on MMr due to halting production on regular Stern titles due to their PF issues tho.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOgans does a great job of maintaining so it was not the tech work. Just the lack of quality in the game. Looked aweful after too little time on route.

What a serious load of crap. The 'quality' is identical to the original, all the above playfield parts are at EXACTLY the same specifications as the original. The Logan's one might be beat up, but nothing to do with a lack of quality in the machine.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Being charged 1.5% CC fee which offsets my points.

Don't give up your only form of protection over 1.5%.

PPS/CGC don't seem to hold up their end of the bargain when it comes to their warranty.

#15 3 years ago

What's a HUO LE gold version worth with less then 200 plays ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems like everyone and their brother and uncle and cousin are CGC/MMR distributors or more accurately resellers. Multiple places these seem to be sitting NIB and unsold.
Am I the only one thinking these are going to be fire sold at some point?
If PPS/GCG really does announce AFMr or whatever remake at Expo in 2 months then I think many of those left holding the NIB MMrs may get more motivated real quick.
thoughts?

I think you are completely making things up. Stern just finished a large batch of standards so a lot of distros grabbed them up. Nothing much is being made right now so I'm sure they were happy to have some games in stock to sell over the next several months. This is no different then when stern does a run of say metallica premiums. All of the sudden 20 distros have several of them. The same with every other game made. I guess all of those were fire sold off also

#17 3 years ago

We are only getting standards now since December 2015

Still strong seller, with next game building soon, any mmr left will sell for Christmas.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think you are completely making things up.

really? I have never seen so many distributors and their cousins advertising with NIB games. With MMr there are all the typical and real distributors combined with all these pop up collector become distributors. I see 15 different places to go buy MMr with games in stock right now.

that is ALOT of MMr just sitting around at a super high price. With the $500 each of these distros is attempting to make (at minimum) I have to assume some of the fly by night ones are going to lidudate at some point when they cant sell and then the bigger distributors are going to need to do the same if they want to sell.

Seems to me like someone did a great job of selling people on becoming distributors.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

What a serious load of crap. The 'quality' is identical to the original, all the above playfield parts are at EXACTLY the same specifications as the original. The Logan's one might be beat up, but nothing to do with a lack of quality in the machine.

sorry, not even close! I have seen and played plenty of them and been under the hood. remakes are so different that it is obvious based on how they dont hold up like the originals did.

#20 3 years ago

What don't hold up, the playfield parts are williams

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

What don't hold up, the playfield parts are williams

Ill take pics the next time I am at logans.

#22 3 years ago

Is that the same place with the stern star trek worn down to the timber

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

really? I have never seen so many distributors and their cousins advertising with NIB games. With MMr there are all the typical and real distributors combined with all these pop up collector become distributors. I see 15 different places to go buy MMr with games in stock right now.
that is ALOT of MMr just sitting around at a super high price. With the $500 each of these distros is attempting to make (at minimum) I have to assume some of the fly by night ones are going to lidudate at some point when they cant sell and then the bigger distributors are going to need to do the same if they want to sell.
Seems to me like someone did a great job of selling people on becoming distributors.

Yes, are you even watching the market place. The same thing happened with WOZ once the original ordered were filled. The same thing happens with every stern premium and pro once the original orders are filled. How many distros do you think stern and JJP have? I can find 15 places to buy several NIB stern pros right now no problem. Bet I can also find 15 places to buy a WOZ or a Hobbit real easy.

#24 3 years ago

I see about 5 distro in the market place with adds for the game?

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well.... 5 'distributors' with remakes all available and not selling

What is your foundation? I am buying stock every week and filling orders. They are selling just as good as any other highly anticipated game. They are running a small batch, so customers are all likely to be waiting again once complete.

These ads you refer to are all less than two weeks old. Not sure why you would say they are not selling, or why you think so. Maybe you spoke to another distributor?

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#26 3 years ago

I'm not sure I understand the concern. Holding stock is a normal cost and expectation of any retail business. Like Coca Cola at your local Walmart, failure to sell out your stock is not a sign of lack of demand. In fact, running out of stock is a sign of failure in the supply and distribution.

This has been a title with pent up demand, so I would expect distributors to notice this and take whatever actions might enable them to fulfill that demand, including taking stock and advertising heavily. I haven't looked, but is this really more so than what happened with Ghostbusters a few months ago?

I have no particular knowledge of the supply situation with MMr, but I don't see how the current situation necessarily means there is a problem with distributors.

#27 3 years ago

concern is the sheer number of new "distributors". Lots of new faces that are buying and reselling undwer the distributor title.

That means lots of games and lots of inventory spread out among more places.
That means more risk for the consumer (see Twisted Pins)

Just and observation and comment that every tom dick and harry seems to have stock of MMr and I dont see much demand, esp with the added risk of buying through a new reseller.

If anything I am already seeing lots of HUO and lightly used examples up for sale.

#28 3 years ago

What specifically is the risk of buying through a new reseller that you are concerned with?

Also, I'm still not understanding why the current situation with distributors necessarily implies a lack of demand. Seems more like a case of over advertising in a normal stock situation to me.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

concern is the sheer number of new "distributors". Lots of new faces that are buying and reselling undwer the distributor title.
Just and observation and comment that every tom dick and harry seems to have stock of MMr and I dont see much demand, esp with the added risk of buying through a new reseller.
If anything I am already seeing lots of HUO and lightly used examples up for sale.

Simply buy from a trustworthy distributor (no more concern)

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please stop making up stuff. Go to the market place and look instead. There are 2 used MMr LE's for sale and maybe 5-6 distributors listing NIB available. What do you think happens when a large run is completed at stern? Distributors get games, that's what happens!! Not sure your point on the distributors, they are either an approved PPS distributor or they are not. If they are approved there is likely no more risk then buying from anyone on the approved distribution list. Why don't you make a list of these 15 new shady, untrustworthy distributors that concern you. Or do you prefer to randomly try to hurt their business with false claims and insinuating that in a few months they will have to practically give the games always.

Every new game also has people that quickly sell them and move on to what is shiny and next. In reality I have seen a lot less MMrLE's for sale then any of the recent stern LE's which had smaller runs.

#31 3 years ago

And just incase anyone wants to actually know who the distributors are they are listed on the PPS website for all the world to see and there is not that many of them. Looks like there is a whopping 14 US distributors. I'm not sure how many of them are Tom, Dick, or Harry though.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=Resellers

#32 3 years ago

Since I am one of the authorized PPS/CGC distributors that has an ad on Pinside I felt I should respond. I'm not sure who you are talking about as a "new" distributor so let me tell you about me and my business in case I was one of those you to which you (whysnow) were referring.
This is what I do. I don't have another job. This is it. I have been selling Escalera's for about 7 years to this community. Please check out my reputation as an Escalera distributor. I'm all over Pinside so a search should be easy to find out about me. As opportunities opened up to become a distributor for the new manufacturers I approached them and asked to become a distributor. Since I was an established business my requests were granted and I have been selling MMR's and JJP products for a few years now. No I am not one of the "big guys". I run my business and take care of my customers. I setup my booth at about 6 shows a year so you can talk to me in person or call me. I always answer my phone 7 days a week and late at night. I'm not going anywhere and since I'm a private company I don't share my financials but I can assure you I won't be having a "fire sale". MMr's and JJP products have been constrained for the last few years but both have become more available as delays, for whatever reason, have lessened. I have been told I will have a steady supply for the future so I started advertising availability. That's it. I don't have a warehouse full and supply of this run will run out but if you need something please call, email or talk to me at the next show. Happy to help.

#33 3 years ago

so it is just virtual stock that these companies have?

Good to hear that it is not physical inventory. I sure would not want to be sitting on 50k of MMrs in the next few months.

#34 3 years ago

No I have physical stock. You want one I can ship it today.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from nosro:

What specifically is the risk of buying through a new reseller that you are concerned with?

Twisted Pins used to be an authorized MMR Re-seller...

https://web.archive.org/web/20150816053752/http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr-resell

And that caused a few problems for Pinsiders who placed orders for MMRs through them...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twisted-pins-beware/page/2#post-3109880

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Simply buy from a trustworthy distributor (no more concern)

Agreed.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Twisted Pins used to be an authorized MMR Re-seller...
https://web.archive.org/web/20150816053752/http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr-resell
And that caused a few problems for Pinsiders who placed orders for MMRs through them...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twisted-pins-beware/page/2#post-3109880

Agreed.

thanks

A big part of my reason for bringing the topic up. Lots of new people in the game. Lots of stock. From what I have seen, lots of quality issues. All these things bring potential risk for all involved.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

No I have physical stock. You want one I can ship it today.

given the quality issues I have seen with MMr I am only interested in originals

#38 3 years ago

That machine must be getting a crap ton of plays. I've had an MMRLE on location since I got it and it still looks and plays like new. Probably just a few thousand plays though. I'll have to check.

Quoted from Whysnow:

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks
A big part of my reason for bringing the topic up. Lots of new people in the game. Lots of stock. From what I have seen, lots of quality issues. All these things bring potential risk for all involved.

Once again making up stuff. Who are the new unkowns in the game? Stern just finished a group of standards, you want to have stock if you are a distributor, otherwise you don't have anything to sell. There's lots of quality issues with every manufacturer right now. I don't know anyone personally with an MMr that has had a ton of issues and most have had no issues at all. Plus you have stated numerous times that you don't like Medieval Madness as a game in general so what exactly is your motivation for this.

Make sure every time stern makes a run of any of their games you start a similar thread. There's games in stock, they will plummet in value, shady people selling them, quality issues galore, wait till expo for the liquidation of all of these pieces of junk, don't buy from Tom's, Dick's, and or Harry's.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

And just incase anyone wants to actually know who the distributors are they are listed on the PPS website for all the world to see and there is not that many of them. Looks like there is a whopping 14 US distributors. I'm not sure how many of them are Tom, Dick, or Harry though.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=Resellers

We are an authorized distributor and yes, that's the list of the folks who are authorized - if you know of any others selling then just contact PPS / Chicago Gaming as I'm sure they'd want to know who they authorized is selling games in back alleys to people they shouldn't be. Unauthorized distributors do nobody any good - you or us. We deal with it with JJP. Consumers are buying from unauthorized people who have no knowledge of games, can't service what they sell, can't order parts, can't do warranty repair work, can't intervene and deal with tech support for the customer, etc... What pisses me off is it's usually it's newbies that get taken as they just go to websites or Ebay and buy. You'll see alot of this pop up around Xmas time to take advantage of these folks just looking to buy a game and not get 'into' the hobby and research. These fly by nights have no booths at shows and don't bring games for attendees to play, don't support the shows financially, don't donate to tournaments, and a lot of other stuff anyone on an authorized list usually does. Think of it this way - if they aren't on an authorized distributor list there IS a reason why - surely they asked at one point and were denied or they don't have the financial means to buy product and support it - both should scare the hell out of you if you're spending $ 8,000 - $ 9,000. That said anyone who has games listed in the marketplace right now seems to be legit. Not sure what you are referring to, Hilton, as the bulk of the ads are from consumers who are selling their own personal games. All seems ok to me.

For what it's worth too - I have shipped maybe 40-50 MMRs so far - LEs and Standards and we have had next to ZERO service issues - a few minor things here and there but the quality of the game as others have said is incredibly impressive. I rarely need to get involved with any customers after they get their games. Trust me, that's really something as most every other game we sell has service issues - major and minor, and you know what it's kind of expected, but MMR has really been the exception. That's the truth.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would be interested in seeing pics and hearing specifics about the issues, as I am seriously looking at grabbing one to route. Sadly, none are around for me to try first.

I have owned 3 originals, and routed 2 of them. They gave me no more headaches than any other B/W from back in the day (except having to track down the air ball plastics needed for the tower tops).

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Once again making up stuff. Who are the new unkowns in the game? Stern just finished a group of standards, you want to have stock if you are a distributor, otherwise you don't have anything to sell. There's lots of quality issues with every manufacturer right now. I don't know anyone personally with an MMr that has had a ton of issues and most have had no issues at all. Plus you have stated numerous times that you don't like Medieval Madness as a game in general so what exactly is your motivation for this.
Make sure every time stern makes a run of any of their games you start a similar thread. There's games in stock, they will plummet in value, shady people selling them, quality issues galore, wait till expo for the liquidation of all of these pieces of junk, don't buy from Tom's, Dick's, and or Harry's.

curious. What is your affiliation? You are obviously extremely defensive of my observations concerning MMr.

To say that there are no issues is pretty silly. Anyone remotely paying attention knows about the pf issues and insert backlighting problems. Anyone that has played a game after some time on it knows it is quite different from the original.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

but MMR has really been the exception. That's the truth.

nice to hear that Joe. From the ones I have seen on route they dont seem to be holding up very well.

We had considered one for route till I spent more time on the remake.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Not sure what you are referring to, Hilton, as the bulk of the ads are from consumers who are selling their own personal games.

there were a few more ads just the other day that seem to now be gone. There are also a few authorized distributors that really have no history prior to MMR. If anyone is looking to buy they should be looking to people like Joe whom has a long history of taking care of people!

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nice to hear that Joe. From the ones I have seen on route they dont seem to be holding up very well.
We had considered one for route till I spent more time on the remake.

I'm not disputing anything you are saying personally Hilton - I know you and I know you fight the good fight bud... But on a route, ya that could be a different story with ANY game - I've seen Sterns look like crap, JJPs look like crap, and I'm sure MMRs would suffer the same death if not properly cleaned, maintained, etc... But I'm telling you bud, I'm really impressed with MMRs out of the box and beyond... I even have a joke I tell customers that sometimes I feel like the maytag repair man after a sale as I don't hear from customers again - I usually like having a relationship / friendship with my customers - especially with these pre-orders it's a long process and you get to know people vs just selling a game one day and shipping the next scenario. And really there's a lot of times I see folks at shows I sold an MMR to and I bust them 'Sure email me every week for 2 years, 'where's my game' then I don't hear from you again after even to say hi'... I'm teasing them but it's the truth - we really have have ZERO service issues and it's not like I'm selling 3-5 games I've sold a lot. Just my 2 cents - not disputing anything you are saying, bud, just telling you what I see from where I sit with a lot of exposure to a lot of picky pinball folks - we don't have many issues at all.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious. What is your affiliation? You are obviously extremely defensive of my observations concerning MMr.
To say that there are no issues is pretty silly. Anyone remotely paying attention knows about the pf issues and insert backlighting problems. Anyone that has played a game after some time on it knows it is quite different from the original.

I've never said once that they are the same as the original. Close but definitely somewhat different in feel. I also never said some people have not had issues. I said all of the friends that I hang out with that have one have had few to no issues. The games play good and look good. I have no motivation other then you are crapping on people that work hard selling games as a living. People in most cases that have done a lot more for the hobby then you will ever pretend to.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

People in most cases that have done a lot more for the hobby then you will ever pretend to.

gotta love when they resort to personal attacks.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I'm not disputing anything you are saying personally Hilton - I know you and I know you fight the good fight bud... But on a route, ya that could be a different story with ANY game - I've seen Sterns look like crap, JJPs look like crap, and I'm sure MMRs would suffer the same death if not properly cleaned, maintained, etc... But I'm telling you bud, I'm really impressed with MMRs out of the box and beyond... I even have a joke I tell customers that sometimes I feel like the maytag repair man after a sale as I don't hear from customers again - I usually like having a relationship / friendship with my customers - especially with these pre-orders it's a long process and you get to know people vs just selling a game one day and shipping the next scenario. And really there's a lot of times I see folks at shows I sold an MMR to and I bust them 'Sure email me every week for 2 years, 'where's my game' then I don't hear from you again after even to say hi'... I'm teasing them but it's the truth - we really have have ZERO service issues and it's not like I'm selling 3-5 games I've sold a lot. Just my 2 cents - not disputing anything you are saying, bud, just telling you what I see from where I sit with a lot of exposure to a lot of picky pinball folks - we don't have many issues at all.

thanks for the info Joe!

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there were a few more ads just the other day that seem to now be gone. There are also a few authorized distributors that really have no history prior to MMR. If anyone is looking to buy they should be looking to people like Joe whom has a long history of taking care of people!

Thank you for the kind words, and I'll add everyone on that list should be a good egg. We are vetted before we get the seal of approval, once in a while a bad egg might slip through but any of these companies will dispense of you very quickly if you aren't on the up and up. And since Larry from FlipNOut commented above I will add he's a class act and happy to have him as both a PPS and JJP peer - you will find many of us respect each other and get along. For the most part many of us are collectors like you guys and do business thing to expand on our love of the hobby. I can't comment on any pulled ads, but maybe your post scared some of those who popped their heads up back into the alleys and that should tell you something if that happened ! So, good on ya Hilton !

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I would be interested in seeing pics and hearing specifics about the issues, as I am seriously looking at grabbing one to route. Sadly, none are around for me to try first.
I have owned 3 originals, and routed 2 of them. They gave me no more headaches than any other B/W from back in the day (except having to track down the air ball plastics needed for the tower tops).

this is the kind of news I want to hear! cant afford one myself yet after buying BDK so I'm looking forward to you getting another one on route

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Easton, PA
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside