(Topic ID: 182552)

How many manufacturers still make new pinball machines?

By Ericc123

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Ericc123
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“The grammatical error in this thread title...”

• Made the thread impossible to enjoy! 3 votes
      20%
    • Who cares we get the point? 4 votes
      27%
    • Wait, there's a grammatical error in the thread title? 2 votes
      13%
    • I come here for the pinball not the grammar. 5 votes
      33%
    • " Believe me, plenty of people were glad someone said something." 1 vote
      7%

(15 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 2 years ago

I know Stern is the big company that still makes machines. I also have heard of Jersey Jack (WOZ) and Chicago Gaming (the Medieval Madness Remake) Are there any other players that I'm missing?

#2 2 years ago

Spooky and Heighway have actually shipped machines.

American Pinball (hopefully).

Zidware.

Homepin?

#3 2 years ago

American Pinball will be heard from soon.

#4 2 years ago

Heighway is shipping Alien soonish or something and they had a game prior to that

Multimorphic is shipping P3 super soon, first 25 units almost ready!

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Heighway is shipping Alien soonish or something and they had a game prior to that
    Multimorphic is shipping P3 super soon, first 25 units almost ready!

I knew I was missing somebody! I'm really looking forward to the P3 platform launching. Played Lexi Lightspeed at the last two ReplayFXs and I dug it!

#6 2 years ago

Verbs cannot do anything, nouns do the verbs.

Manufacturers manufacture.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Spooky and Heighway have actually shipped machines.
    American Pinball (hopefully).
    Zidware.
    Homepin?

We are so close to having finished pinball machines I can smell it!!!

#8 2 years ago

There are "manufacturers", there are "planners", and there are "dreamers".
    You also have primary and boutique, and there is only ONE primary, Stern.
    JJP is not a primary, as they have produced only two machines in nearly 6 years.
    Spooky has done nearly the same amount.

To qualify as a manufacturer, the company has to have actually BUILT a game (or kit) and shipped it to customers in the past 5+ years and still are active in the industry:

If you use this category definition:

1 ) Stern (Multiple titles)
    2 ) JJP (WoZ, TH, DI (has NOT shipped))
    3 ) Spooky (AMH, RZ, Dominoes, Jetsons (has NOT shipped))
    4 ) Dutch Pinball (BoP 2.0, TBL)
    5 ) Heighway (FT, Alien)
    6 ) American Pinball (MG, just squeaked by here)
    7 ) PPS/CGC (MMr, AFMr (planned))
    8 ) Quetzal Pinball (CNemo)
    9 ) Riot Pinball (TWoO)

If you include all "planners" you need:

10 ) P3 (Multi Morphic)
    11 ) Silver Castle Pinball (PPTS)
    12 ) Homepin (Thunderbirds)

If you include all "dreamers" including homebrews you need:
    A complete laundry list of madness with detergent still needing to be added.

#9 2 years ago

That's a pretty good list.

#10 2 years ago

xTheBlackKnightx that is the kind of list I was hoping for. Great information. Thank you.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

There are "manufacturers", there are "planners", and there are "dreamers".
    You also have primary and boutique, and there is only ONE primary, Stern.
    JJP is not a primary, as they have produced only two machines in nearly 6 years.
    Spooky has done nearly the same amount.
    To qualify as a manufacturer, the company has to have actually BUILT a game (or kit) and shipped it to customers in the past 5+ years and still are active in the industry:
    If you use this category definition:
    1 ) Stern (Multiple titles)
    2 ) JJP (WoZ, TH, DI (has NOT shipped))
    3 ) Spooky (AMH, RZ, Dominoes, Jetsons (has NOT shipped))
    4 ) Dutch Pinball (BoP 2.0, TBL)
    5 ) Heighway (FT, Alien)
    6 ) American Pinball (MG, just squeaked by here)
    7 ) PPS/CGC (MMr)
    8 ) Quetzal Pinball (CNemo)
    9 ) Riot Pinball (TWoO)
    If you include all "planners" you need:
    10 ) P3 (Multi Morphic)
    11 ) Silver Castle Pinball (PPTS)
    12 ) Homepin (Thunderbirds)
    If you include all "dreamers" including homebrews you need:
    A complete laundry list of madness with detergent still needing to be added.

P3 has games shipping and playable. Way ahead of planners, but ya good list.

4 weeks later
    #12 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Verbs cannot do anything, nouns do the verbs.
    Manufacturers manufacture.

This is why people don't feel comfortable joining new communities. Good job man, I'm glad that you corrected the grammar error that totally would have ruined society if left unchecked.

#13 2 years ago

I didn't "correct" anyone, I just pointed out this common simple error, in hopes that it might sink in. Believe me, plenty of people were glad someone said something. These sorts of errors are especially grating in a thread title.

Whereas you criticized me personally, a month after the fact, using three instances of sarcasm in one sentence, noice! And your initial assertion is ludicrous. Stupid people, perhaps, but I don't see any evidence around here of even that.

#14 2 years ago

I guess I'll have to look it up, but never heard of 8 and 9.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I guess I'll have to look it up, but never heard of 8 and 9.

Probably a good thing, around here you hear about the bad guys (negatively) more than the good guys, which I mean I guess is a good thing in a community that often buys/sells

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I didn't "correct" anyone, I just pointed out this common simple error, in hopes that it might sink in. Believe me, plenty of people were glad someone said something. These sorts of errors are especially grating in a thread title.
    Whereas you criticized me personally, a month after the fact, using three instances of sarcasm in one sentence, noice! And your initial assertion is ludicrous. Stupid people, perhaps, but I don't see any evidence around here of even that.

I'm sorry if you feel personally criticized. I was simply saying that it's hard to put yourself out there some times when you are new to a hobby and attempting to learn. Correcting someone's grammar on the internet might not be the most welcoming behavior. You seem to think that hiding behind, "I didn't correct anyone," it's just a lesson mentality and that other people feel the same way you do makes it a kinder action. Either way, I started a poll. Have a great rest of your week and happy collecting.

#17 2 years ago

There are certain misspellings that get on my nerves, but I personally find the policing of grammar and spelling to be annoying.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

There are certain misspellings that get on my nerves, but I personally find the policing of grammar and spelling to be annoying.

That's fair and I agree with you.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

I'm sorry if you feel personally criticized. I was simply saying that it's hard to put yourself out there some times when you are new to a hobby and attempting to learn.

Sometimes you just have to go for it! Fear of having a grammar error being pointed out shouldn't stop anyone, we all make them.

Quoted from Ericc123:

Correcting someone's grammar on the internet might not be the most welcoming behavior.

If it might not be, then it might be? I'm lost. What about fear of making a logical error? Ohhhh, that was just more sarcasm, gotcha. Might've been unintentional, but that would mean you don't even realize when you're doing it. I can't say which would be worse.

Quoted from Ericc123:

You seem to think that hiding behind, "I didn't correct anyone," it's just a lesson mentality and that other people feel the same way you do makes it a kinder action.

I didn't hide, I avoided drawing conclusions about anyone's intelligence. Who doesn't know that many nouns are a verb + "er" ? That rule doesn't get tossed just because "manufacture" already ends with an "er" sound. My response didn't even quote you, or ridicule, or do anything unkind.

Quoted from Ericc123:

Either way, I started a poll. Have a great rest of your week and happy collecting.

Faulty poll is missing the obvious choice: Fix the damn title!

Your poll is obviously an attempt to teach me something, so I guess lessons are okay when they come from you but not from me? It also makes your last sentence look insincere and sarcastic.

I do regret finally going off about this silly error on the post of someone so sensitive. With all the new pinball manufacturers these days, I keep seeing it repeated. Sorry!

#20 2 years ago

There are remaining additional companies, if enthusiasts want to include custom made games (foreign and domestic). However, that is not base defintion of a standard manufacturer.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

I know Stern is the big company that still makes machines. I also have heard of Jersey Jack (WOZ) and Chicago Gaming (the Medieval Madness Remake) Are there any other players that I'm missing?

If you sign up to the free Pinball Magazine Newsletter you'll get a monthly update of what most companies are working on. www.pinball-magazine.com

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

If you sign up to the free Pinball Magazine Newsletter you'll get a monthly update of what most companies are working on. http://www.pinball-magazine.com

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to sign up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 15.00
    $ 22.50
    $ 9,500.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 25.50
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside