New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 90570)

how many machines?

By dendoc

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinballManiac40
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How many machines do you own?”

• 1 game 19 votes
    4%
  • 2-5 games 171 votes
    36%
  • 6-10 127 votes
    27%
  • more than 10 156 votes
    33%

(473 votes)

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#102 6 years ago

8 with room for 9 unless to convert the theater which I'm resisting. Also have 6 vids, 2 mame machines, coin op darts, and foozeball.

#103 6 years ago

I hit 25 and quit counting, The Morphy auction put me over the top, I think I have more folded than playing right now and don't have room for any more

#104 6 years ago

i noticed someone had like 300+, cant remember who it was though.

i have 6.

#106 6 years ago

I have a tiny dedicated gameroom, so space is the issue (& some will power)...

Currently have 2 pins, 4 vids. Any new games would require selling, excessive creativity, taking over a guest room/play room, or an addition to my house...

#107 6 years ago

I just barely fit 4 into the mancave. Hope to swap my Comet + $ for a Bad Cats eventually. Then I'll be good.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Is it wrong to have a nice games room with 13 in it

Yes it is......13 is an unlucky number.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

or an addition to my house...

There ya go.....a nice 30X40 addition would be nice.

#110 6 years ago

i own 5 and one arcade machine

#111 6 years ago

I own 4 with MMR and Hobbit preordered. I have plans to pick up a few more though.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

I only have room for one. I live in a condo downtown.

But the one you have is a great machine

#113 6 years ago

Thirtysomething.

Don C.

#114 6 years ago

6. (3 at home, 3 on the road).

Have plenty more space, just need to sell some vids.

#115 6 years ago

Pretty strong evidence it's damn tough to stop at 1!

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from muzikman:

Pretty strong evidence it's damn tough to stop at 1!

well, the design of the poll is naturally skewed against "1". the other 3 options represent 4 or more values each, whereas the "1" option only represents a single value. it'd be like a poll saying:

when is your birthday:

A. January
B. February, March, April, or May
C. June, July, August, September
D. October, November, or December

obviously January is going to "lose" this poll.

#117 6 years ago

Just sold off a whole bunch and have medieval, a virtual pin with pinball fx2 and america's most haunted. Just wasn't playing all the pins and had no interest in hoarding them all. Sold all for pretty good prices and sold almost instantly so others could enjoy as well

#118 6 years ago

Too many and dispersed to even figure this one up. I'd put the under/over at 120 and would take the over.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

well, the design of the poll is naturally skewed against "1". the other 3 options represent 4 or more values each, whereas the "1" option only represents a single value. it'd be like a poll saying:

when is your birthday:

A. January
B. February, March, April, or May
C. June, July, August, September
D. October, November, or December

obviously January is going to "lose" this poll.

My point is that only 4% of responders have just one machine, which is a very low %. I realize though this is skewed a bit because Pinsiders do not represent all pinball owners, and folks who keep up with the forum and vote are pretty much addicts! But still, for all those newbies (like I was not long ago) trying to stick to 1 is a struggle!

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from muzikman:

My point is that only 4% of responders have just one machine, which is a very low %. I realize though this is skewed a bit because Pinsiders do not represent all pinball owners, and folks who keep up with the forum and vote are pretty much addicts! But still, for all those newbies (like I was not long ago) trying to stick to 1 is a struggle!

not sure you're seeing my point. the way the poll is structured, we have no way of knowing whether the number of people who own just 2 machines is also 4%, for example. all we know is that the people who own 2, 3, 4, or 5 machines all put together equals about 35%. there's no reason to assume the respondents are evenly distributed amongst those values.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

not sure you're seeing my point. the way the poll is structured, we have no way of knowing whether the number of people who own just 2 machines is also 4%, for example. all we know is that the people who own 2, 3, 4, or 5 machines all put together equals about 35%. there's no reason to assume the respondents are evenly distributed amongst those values.

If you had a poll with "1 machine" and "more than 1 machine", then 1 machine result would still be 4%, and that's the result I'm focusing on. It's 96% vs 4% that I'm looking at, and concluding it's hard to stop at one!

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from muzikman:

If you had a poll with "1 machine" and "more than 1 machine", then 1 machine result would still be 4%, and that's the result I'm focusing on. It's 96% vs 4% that I'm looking at, and concluding it's hard to stop at one!

that's a terrible conclusion to draw from a poll like that, since the first option represents one value, while the second option represents literally infinite possible values.

i'll try again.

the way the poll is set up, for all we know, there could be 4% of people with just 2 machines, and 4% with 3 machines, and then a bunch with 4 or 5. which would mean it's statistically just as easy to stop at 2 or 3 machines. it's kind of nonsensical to group the options the way the OP has. the "2-5" option naturally dwarfs the "1" option because it represents 4 different options at once (2, 3, 4, or 5).

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

No will power
though i have only bought one game in past 3-1/2 yrs

Uh...you have 312 machines and you STILL have a wish list???

#124 6 years ago

I have 38 and looking to "downsize" to 30. LOL
Just never know when the next deal is going to pop up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside