Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Riffbear
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191223-141818~2 (resized).png
    20191124_161537.jpg
    mathequation (resized).png
    ALL (resized).png
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

4 is the correct answer This is a bare minimum for variety. I typically have between 10 - 12 but find with that many, I don't play some of them as often as I should. However, I think a very comfortable number is 8 because as anyone in this hobby knows - there is always something breaking so you can assume you will always have something unplayable.

Seriously though, you will have to collect for a while until you determine the right number for you.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

The limit does not exist.

Screenshot_20191223-141818~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191223-141818~2 (resized).png
    #53 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

I was hoping someone would get the reference lol!

#54 4 years ago

I am fine tuning my pinball machines. I am trying to have different designers representative. I have Steve Kirk, Keith Elwin, Dennis Norman, John Papaduk, (spelling?), Steve Richie, Mark Ritchie, George Gomez, Brian Eddy, John Tredeau, ect. I find even my most favorite designer has a tendency to repeat and repeat.. Have a wide assortment of designers keeps me interested.

#55 4 years ago

Eleventeen

#56 4 years ago

Until there's no room left.

#57 4 years ago

I was pretty happy at 5. I joined a pinball league that requires you to have 6 to host league night at your house, so I added another one and now have 6. I also have 5 video arcade games. I agree with what others have said, I now have 6, put I’m currently looking for that +1. The most I’ve ever owned at once was 9.

#58 4 years ago

Easy question, all of them.

#59 4 years ago

You will always need one more that you already have

#60 4 years ago

The answer of course depends on the OP's spouse, available space, bank
    account and preferences.

My approach is a bit different from most as I'm into the history and
    development of pins over the years. As a result I have games built
    as early as 1931 and well into the 1990's. And everything in between. Its a kick to play a
    mechanical pinball machine with real pins (nails) then play ST:TNG.
    Don't think I've ever been bored with my pins.
    Steve

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

We just hit 20, and I've "almost" got them all working. We're holding off for a little while to see if we can keep this many going. . Our game room is a former bank lobby in an 1887 stone and brick building. Stop by sometime![quoted image]

what a great looking space! love it.

#62 4 years ago

There is really only one limiting factor in pinball money. You can fix this stumbling block this space issue is no longer a problem. Start small then some day realize you to can run a pinball museum.

#63 4 years ago

3 to 6 games buying one new game a year

#64 4 years ago

"Need" - 0
    "want" - 99999999divorce99999

#65 4 years ago

Impossible to pick a perfect number, just like lays potato chips, "you can't have just one". lol

#66 4 years ago

As many as my wife allows. Two rooms plus the rotating overflow in the garage.

Never sold a game in 30 years and would regret selling one.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from ioSFX:

Never sold a game in 30 years and would regret selling one

I applaud your devotion sir! I've kept my 1st pin "Star Race" for over 20yrs and will never let go of it.

#68 4 years ago

I’ve had around 30 titles come and go.

Ideally 3 would be enough but drugs.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-machines-do-i-need/page/2?hl=jmckune and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.