(Topic ID: 41089)

Update: I Still Need Lockdown Assembly Help? New one on Tron Pro!

By BackFlipper

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_4.jpg
photo_3.jpg
photo_2.jpg
photo.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Really? Another lockdown bar style? After I just got the old "Pro" powder coated in Safety Orange? Am I the last one to know about it?

photo.jpgphoto.jpg photo_2.jpgphoto_2.jpg photo_3.jpgphoto_3.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I thought all the pros have the latch type style now. Thought IM was last pin with the old good style.

#4 11 years ago

Sorry, My first Pro. I do like the new translite.

photo_4.jpgphoto_4.jpg

#5 11 years ago

The orange one - I'd be worried in commercial use the side farthest away from the two parts that go down into the receiver, would be able to be bent up.

LTG : )

#6 11 years ago

You can just replace the receiver and use your orange lockdown bar.

Lockbar receiver: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1285

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Awesome! I will do that. Thanks.

#8 11 years ago

When did you get your machine - I ordered one this run as well and haven't heard anything yet?

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

When did you get your machine - I ordered one this run as well and haven't heard anything yet?

I picked it up today. Can't pick up at Stern anymore, so had to go to a local dock. Mine was made February 19th. Check with your distributor.

#10 11 years ago

Did u get both trans lights?

#11 11 years ago

I thought I would not like the new lock down bar system. When I got my Avengers Pro, I was all prepared to order the latch style and change it out. I have changed my mind. I like the "fit" of the new style. It really pulls the bar down snug and there is no movement. Feels more solid to me.
-Ed

#12 11 years ago

I like new trans might have to get one

#13 11 years ago

When reinventing the wheel I guess it takes a ton of attempts

#14 11 years ago

Just under the matching lockdown bar latch from pinballlife and convert your tron pro to use the powdered lockdown bar. Also, peel that chrome backbox tmolding and paint it to match your powder job

#15 11 years ago

I like the latch design, myself.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

I thought I would not like the new lock down bar system. When I got my Avengers Pro, I was all prepared to order the latch style and change it out. I have changed my mind. I like the "fit" of the new style. It really pulls the bar down snug and there is no movement. Feels more solid to me.

I thought the same thing when I first used the latch mechanism on my X-men. The problem on my machines are the latches pull down so hard on the bar, that the foam eventually gets crushed to the point that the glue holding the foam to the bar gets on the glass and eventually the foam sticks to the glass. I changed my lockdown bar assembly on the X-men and now Tron is starting to do the same thing, so I just ordered another older lockdown assembly.

Anybody else experience this problem?

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I like the latch design, myself.

Can you explain why? Sliders are 1 action, and latches require two blind moves, hoping you don't encounter a brown recluse spider in the process as you feel around for proper latching/unlatching (Video games use latches for control panels).

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Can you explain why? Sliders are 1 action, and latches require two blind moves, hoping you don't encounter a brown recluse spider in the process as you feel around for proper latching/unlatching (Video games use latches for control panels).

The latch system doesn't block the coin door, and it holds the lockbar down more securely. With the latch system, you don't have to fiddle with the lever while you're putting the lockbar on. The latches are right inside the coin door, so they're not that hard to locate by feel. It just takes a little getting used to. The latches pull the bar straight down, so it's less likely to scratch up the cabinet. And the latches aren't adjustable, because they don't need to be. Lockbar receiver adjustments are difficult to get right.

If you've ever had to clean a lockbar receiver that got beer or soda all over it, you know that it's a real pain to take it apart and put it back together. The latches will be much easier to clean, and you could even toss them in your metal tumbler.

Most importantly, the latches are a cost saving that doesn't affect the game's play or appearance.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

So, I bought this one, and assumed it would work. Just spent an hour removing the "pro" one and installed Terry's from PBL and it still does not have the offset holes. Ugh!

Does anyone have an offset "Non-Pro" assembly they want to sell me? Do you know where I can get one?

Thanks!

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Does anyone have an offset "Pro" assembly they want to sell me? Do you know where I can get one?

Call Terry at PBL and he'll work something out.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-lockdown-bars-will-stern-make-new-one-on-tron-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.