(Topic ID: 35900)

How many lamps in a Big Indian EM Pinball Machine

By minnesota13

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

If you were to change every lamp in a Big Indian, how many lamps would you need?

This kind of surprised me as I just completed changing every lamp.

If you are into only SS machines this may surprise you.

Answer: TB provided later

#3 11 years ago

Can always use `em so I always figure 100 bulbs a game , any extra are spares

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

My rule of thumb as well. If you have a four player game thats 25 bulbs in the score reels alone, 29 with player lights. Bally's Time Zone was over 100, cause I used this rule and was still short!

#5 11 years ago

Good guesses. Including the two for the coin slots, it takes 104 to cover all of the lamps. I used up my box of 100 and had to go to my boxes of 10. The lamps were all corroded, filthy, burned out 44's with a few exceptions.

#6 11 years ago

Thank goodness they are still pretty cheap!

What will suck is when they outlaw filament light bulbs due to efficiency standards. Most EM games just don't look right imo with today's overly bright and cold colored LED's.

Do they make any warm colored non-retina burning LED's that don't cost a fortune?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

When I pick up a 4 player I buy 100 bulbs (10 boxes) and it generally takes care of it, 1 player games I will buy 80 (8 boxes).

I change out all 44 bulbs with 47 and if the used 47's are in good condition I reuse them.

Ken

#8 11 years ago

The used 44's and 47's with the brass base were really good quality. Way better than the cheap 47's we get today.

#9 11 years ago

I was hoping to come out at 100 bulbs even. But the last sling and two coin slots ran it over to 104.

The brass based bulbs had corrosion above the socket line. None of the silver colored base bulbs had corrosion which were a mix of 44's and 47's.

#10 11 years ago

yeah I always figure 100 lamps to a game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-lamps-in-a-big-indian-em-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.