Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by aahgo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Does anyone know how many different versions of this game were produced? I know there is an Italian Kick-up version for export, but in the US was there both a replay and an add-a-ball version? If so, how different are they? Same backglass and playfield or different? Thanks.

#2 8 years ago

I've always like this game. I didn't realize there were multiple versions.

#3 8 years ago

Well, my game does not have a credit unit or a window in the BG for credits. It will stack up extra balls with an added ball count unit in the backbox and will lite up the "Shoot added ball now" in the BG. A friend of mine has a game that must be the replay version, because it has the credit unit and corresponding window and does not lite up that portion of the BG. So I was just looking for more information, if anyone had some.

#4 8 years ago

I suppose you looked on the IPDB? They do give a little information about the game. Sorry I couldn't shed more light but at least I can say something positive about it, I think it's a good game and worth your time and effort.

#5 8 years ago

Jay at IPDB sent me a link to some interesting information. Apparently there is a version of CC Royal Flash that is an added ball count-up version. Sounds very similar to my Hula-Hula. Next week when I get back in town, i'll take some pictures and look through my paperwork on the game to help document it. It would be interesting to know how many of these added ball versions of the game they produced. All of the pictures I can find on the internet are either the export version or the replay version.

#6 8 years ago

Hula Hula theme was kinda a precursor to
GTB Paradise / Pleasure Isle pins
even with Parker art and Hula girl animation

#7 8 years ago

Yeah, I have both the Hula-Hula and a very nice Pleasure Isle. Both games have unique ways to handle the added balls and both are a blast to play, especially head to head against a buddy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-hula-hula-versions-made and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.