2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Liftserv
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many hrs of sleep do you get on average?”

• None. I live on cocaine and red bull 4 votes
      1%
    • 2-4 9 votes
      3%
    • 4-5 28 votes
      8%
    • 5-6 70 votes
      19%
    • 6-7 137 votes
      38%
    • 7-8 84 votes
      23%
    • 8-9 20 votes
      6%
    • 9-10 7 votes
      2%
    • 10+ 1 vote

(360 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

91b70f0b10a36faf193003e9a0db35ef--pikachu-pokemon (resized).jpg
    Games 001.jpga (resized).jpg
    eewww (resized).jpg
    Ewww (resized).jpg
    th (resized).jpg
    lovely-package-bulleit-bourbon-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3987 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0135 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3986 (resized).JPG

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

I usually get between 4 and 5 hours a night; once or twice a week I work late and end up getting 2 hours. I don't wake up refreshed on those nights

I would sleep less but sometimes the machines wake up my fsmily

#53 2 years ago

Very few -- normally between 3AM and 7AM.
    Also get some good sleep while driving down the interstate in the morning.

#54 2 years ago

My four-legged alarm clock wakes me at 4:00am every day whether I want to or not.

Games 001.jpga (resized).jpg

#55 2 years ago

I go to bed about 10:30, get up at 4:00. I have to get to work and make sure a fresh batch of electricity gets stirred up so the pins can operate.

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sputnik:

I go to bed about 10:30, get up at 4:00. I have to get to work and make sure a fresh batch of electricity gets stirred up so the pins can operate.

Just get a Pikachu

91b70f0b10a36faf193003e9a0db35ef--pikachu-pokemon (resized).jpg

#57 2 years ago

I get 8 hours sleep a day...that's why I'm getting fired.

#58 2 years ago

Do "sales sleeps" in my car count?

#59 2 years ago

Not enough. Trying to change that. I was a paramedic for a long time and worked odd hours, on top of doing medical malpractice litigation and running a pinball outfit.

At 40, I definitely require more sleep than I used to. My problem is I can't start doing something late at night, like working on a pin. Next thing I know I'll look at the clock and it's 3 AM.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Not enough. Trying to change that. I was a paramedic for a long time and worked odd hours, on top of doing medical malpractice litigation and running a pinball outfit.
    At 40, I definitely require more sleep than I used to. My problem is I can't start doing something late at night, like working on a pin. Next thing I know I'll look at the clock and it's 3 AM.

Gotta respect the medical hours! While I am not involved in any of that, I certainly have had a number of friends that were EMT and ICU nurses etc....

Respect! And thanks!

#62 2 years ago

Long time sufferer of insomnia, on average 2 - 4 hours a night, on a goodnight maybe 5 - 6.

If I didn't have Pinside I would go insane either talking to myself or counting sheep

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Gotta respect the medical hours! While I am not involved in any of that, I certainly have had a number of friends that were EMT and ICU nurses etc....
    Respect! And thanks!

Thanks man...appreciate it

#64 2 years ago

A bit under the recommended 8 hours, also it tends to be broken. I usually feel irritable and a sense of having to grind through the day's tasks. Hard to improve on with the current summer heat, no a/c, and an inadequate mattress.

#65 2 years ago

I've been an unfortunate insomniac for years and it's the worst. I have one of those brains that don't shut off and won't go to sleep. It's awful. I've had stretches where I go 48 hours + with no sleep. My doctor finally prescribed me Ambien and it's been a lifesaver. I still have stretches where I don't sleep well but seriously, nothing will f your life up more than no sleep.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Just curious. I just stayed late in Boston to play some pinball and was wondering how many of you pinheads out there live on a few hours of sleep. I know I do. I average 10pm to 4 am. 6 hrs during the week. I feel life is too short to waste sleeping.

Sleep is what heals the body and the mind, so lack of it will catch up eventually. My theory is that you are allotted only so many waking hours in your lifetime. You could choose to use them up quickly or spread them out.

This also stuck in my mind: Michael Landon (Little House On The Prairie) said he only needed 4 hours of sleep a night. I was jealous, think of how much extra time he had to do things! He was diagnosed with cancer and passed away at only 54 years old.

And yet, as I type this, I'm not going to get even 4 hours sleep tonight.

#67 2 years ago

4 to 5 on good nights and 2 to 3 on bad nights. (Working on a game till 1:00 am then having to get up at 5. I do take a half hour nap after work. Can't function with out it.

#68 2 years ago

Several posters in the thread talk about only sleeping a few hours because they want to sleep but can't. I have always been lucky on that. I turn turn over and literally 30 seconds I am out. I would really piss of my ex, she wouldn't be able to go to sleep and get back up. Guess that made us even but for different reasons.

#69 2 years ago

I'm a 7-8 kind of guy when possible. I'm in the military, so sometimes you have those 330/4 am wake ups, or a late night, but for the most part, I make the time to go to sleep around 10 and wake up at 530 ish. It's really important to get sleep if you're working out or very active, allows your body to recover AND you don't feel tired throughout the day.

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zami77:

I'm a 7-8 kind of guy when possible. I'm in the military, so sometimes you have those 330/4 am wake ups, or a late night, but for the most part, I make the time to go to sleep around 10 and wake up at 530 ish. It's really important to get sleep if you're working out or very active, allows your body to recover AND you don't feel tired throughout the day.

Thanks for your service...much appreciated also.

I've always been a night owl, I realize that has to change. You do feel better when you get an adequate amount of sleep.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

My girlfriend is a nurse. A few years ago when she was on-call she got called in every night one week. On the way home in the middle of the night she fell asleep and hit a telephone pole. Fortunately, she was ok but the Toyota Avalon was totalled.

#72 2 years ago

Simple answer is 4 to 5 hours during the week when I'm working and 5 to 6 on the weekends when I'm off. I cant fall asleep at night due to my brain constantly thinking about what I have to do the next morning. On the weekend I'm up and out the door to the gym at 530 am Too much stuff to be doing, sleep is over rated.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from SteveO:

My girlfriend is a nurse. A few years ago when she was on-call she got called in every night one week. On the way home in the middle of the night she fell asleep and hit a telephone pole. Fortunately, she was ok but the Toyota Avalon was totalled.

Wow...lucky, and glad she was ok. I've actually gotten quite a few calls over the years in the middle of the night for nurses, doctors, etc. that fell asleep at the wheel. The medical field can be grueling, especially when you're working at night. My squad used to let us work 36 hours shifts, and they did away with it a few years ago because people were just drained (even though there's bunks and you can sleep when you're not busy, or at least try to before the bell goes off again).

#74 2 years ago

8 everyday. Cant sleep past that as my body wont let me.

#75 2 years ago

Weeknights I go to bed around 11-11:30 and the wife's alarm goes off at 4:50, I get up make her a pot of coffee and bring her a mug as she gets ready for work. I crawl back into bed at 5, and snooze/check news/surf/etc until my alarm goes off at 6 when she actually heads to work and I get up to get ready and head to work.

Weekends, I'm up to midnight-ish, and sleep in until 9-ish, depending on weekend plans and how motivated Da' Wife is....

#76 2 years ago

Roughly 8 hours of not so great sleep

#77 2 years ago

Currently this week zero! now 4 am and I still feel wired!

#78 2 years ago

11-7:30. My wife 11-9 or 10. She's a better pin player than me...must be the sleep

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Currently this week zero! now 4 am and I still feel wired!

I'd suggest buying some Nyquil or Benadryl, or a combo of both. If you can stay up through taking that (and don't take it habitually)...call your primary doctor. No sleep at all will start to drastically affect your health and well-being.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I've been an unfortunate insomniac for years and it's the worst. I have one of those brains that don't shut off and won't go to sleep. It's awful. I've had stretches where I go 48 hours + with no sleep. My doctor finally prescribed me Ambien and it's been a lifesaver. I still have stretches where I don't sleep well but seriously, nothing will f your life up more than no sleep.

I'm insomniac also. I was on Ambien before but gave it up due to the side effects. I tried melatonin but that did absolutely nothing for me. I take Benadryl to help get me to sleep. As you said - the brain just doesn't shut off. I really don't feel rested until the weekends when more often than not I can sleep in.

#81 2 years ago

Have you ever tried Remeron?
    Supposedly no side effects
    Take it about 1/2 hr before bed and you
    Fall in to a great night of sleep

Quoted from VectorGamer:

I'm insomniac also. I was on Ambien before but gave it up due to the side effects. I tried melatonin but that did absolutely nothing for me. I take Benadryl to help get me to sleep. As you said - the brain just doesn't shut off. I really don't feel rested until the weekends when more often than not I can sleep in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 103.00
    £ 80.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 244.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 197.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 16.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 41.00
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside