Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Liftserv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many hrs of sleep do you get on average?”

• None. I live on cocaine and red bull 4 votes
      1%
    • 2-4 9 votes
      2%
    • 4-5 28 votes
      8%
    • 5-6 70 votes
      19%
    • 6-7 137 votes
      38%
    • 7-8 85 votes
      24%
    • 8-9 20 votes
      6%
    • 9-10 7 votes
      2%
    • 10+ 1 vote

(361 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

91b70f0b10a36faf193003e9a0db35ef--pikachu-pokemon (resized).jpg
    Games 001.jpga (resized).jpg
    eewww (resized).jpg
    Ewww (resized).jpg
    th (resized).jpg
    lovely-package-bulleit-bourbon-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3987 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0135 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3986 (resized).JPG
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Just curious. I just stayed late in Boston to play some pinball and was wondering how many of you pinheads out there live on a few hours of sleep. I know I do. I average 10pm to 4 am. 6 hrs during the week. I feel life is too short to waste sleeping. With 6 hrs I get more time to enjoy it. I feel like once you get used to less sleep your a body adjusts and it becomes normal. What about you?

#2 6 years ago

IMG_3986 (resized).JPGIMG_3986 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

5 or 6 hours...... a week.

#4 6 years ago

One apiece.

#5 6 years ago

I can not wast any sleep thinking about this!

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Just curious. I just stayed late in Boston to play some pinball and was wondering how many of you pinheads out there live on a few hours of sleep. I know I do. I average 10pm to 4 am. 6 hrs during the week. What about you?

Where did you play?

I mostly don't sleep because my mattress is awful but have no clue what I should buy.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I mostly don't sleep because my mattress is awful

DSCN0135 (resized).jpgDSCN0135 (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

Depends....am I buying a pinball tomorrow?

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Where did you play?

Flattop Johnny's in Cambridge. Played the new SW pro.

I went to Jordans furniture and later on their electronic mattress and they basically tell you what mattresses you will like. I bought one and it's so worth it. It's more expensive but a good matress it definitely worth it

#10 6 years ago

O-din. I would recommend depends for you too!

#11 6 years ago

uiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiadsflhhhhhhliff;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

oops, just dozed off a moment...

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

O-din. I would recommend depends for you too!

I have no problem making it to the bathroom in the middle of the night, but I sure have to clean the floor and walls in there quite often.

#13 6 years ago

I get about 7 hours a night. If I get less than that more than a couple days in a row I get mean headaches so I've gotten pretty good at working a solid sleep into my schedule. Looking forward to getting my c-pap so I can get an even better sleep.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Flattop Johnny's in Cambridge. Played the new SW pro.
    I went to Jordans furniture and later on their electronic mattress and they basically tell you what mattresses you will like. I bought one and it's so worth it. It's more expensive but a good matress it definitely worth it

I've really been wanting to check out that place one of these days.

That's good mattress buying advice. I might try that!

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I have no problem making it to the bathroom in the middle of the night, but I sure have to clean the floor and walls in there quite often.

I've been there. Woken up at 3 am still hammered and your not quite sure if your making it into the toilet or not. O well there's always tomorrow

#16 6 years ago

Especially when the sundial's pointing north.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I've really been wanting to check out that place one of these days.
    That's good mattress buying advice. I might try that!

Ya it's nice. Sw, Twd, as, got, st, and they just got a beautifuly restored Adams family. If I end up working late in Boston I'll go there and eat dinner and play pinball till all the mass holes are off the road

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hahahaha I need to go to bed and its comments like these that keep me on pinside and not bedside

#19 6 years ago

This stuff from Target has helped me sleep straight through the night. A half or full shot an hour before bed, and you'll be out cold for 8-10 hours.

IMG_3987 (resized).JPGIMG_3987 (resized).JPG

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

This stuff from Target has helped me sleep straight through the night. A half or full shot an hour before bed, and you'll be out cold for 8-10 hours.

This works good too

lovely-package-bulleit-bourbon-1 (resized).jpglovely-package-bulleit-bourbon-1 (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago

This is when it's time for bed around here.

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#22 6 years ago

I use to only get 5-6 hours but its not healthy. So the past 5-6 months ive been getting 6.5-7.5 and feel the best i have in a long while. Also im in much betrer shape and my blood pressure is much better. Sleep is very important for lots of different health reasons.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ewww (resized).jpgEwww (resized).jpg

#24 6 years ago

Depends. Just pulled a 2 1/2 hour night on Monday night. Bed at 4:30, work at 8:00. Still drinking liquor at 4:00. I love Mondays.

Normal night, 6.
    Night out, 3-4.

#25 6 years ago

She can clean em for me.

eewww (resized).jpgeewww (resized).jpg

#26 6 years ago

The reason I don't need as much sleep as I did when I was younger is I have learned to get plenty of rest and relaxation while at work.

#27 6 years ago

Man! Those younger days where u stopped drinking because you realized the sun came up....which meant you had to be to work soon!

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Those younger days where u stopped drinking because you realized the sun came up....which meant you had to be to work soon!

There were those not too long ago days leaving Don's in Beverly Hills when the sun was coming up that I realized we probably shouldn't be doing that any more. I sure miss the guy. RIP.

#29 6 years ago

4-5 , I'd like to get more but I have stuff to do.

#30 6 years ago

Spend over 25 years in both the fire and Law Enforcement worlds simultaneously. Learned to get naps where and when I could, but being woken up almost every night, and often multiple times each night, I still can't figure out a way to sleep more than 4 or 5 hours max. I used to stay up all night and work in the shop and it drove my wife nuts, so now I go to bed 10:30 or so and am usually up at 3am. I go to the gym by 4 and I am in the office at 6. I get more done every day between 6am and 8am than I do the rest of the day. Rinse cycle and repeat.............

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Spend over 25 years in both the fire and Law Enforcement worlds simultaneously. Learned to get naps where and when I could, but being woken up almost every night, and often multiple times each night, I still can't figure out a way to sleep more than 4 or 5 hours max. I used to stay up all night and work in the shop and it drove my wife nuts, so now I go to bed 10:30 or so and am usually up at 3am. I go to the gym by 4 and I am in the office at 6. I get more done every day between 6am and 8am than I do the rest of the day. Rinse cycle and repeat.............

Yes I swear by naps too. Did an overnight and when I got home it was not worth sleeping. 20 min naps are perfect

#32 6 years ago

2-4 if I am lucky. The life of a stay at home dad with a newborn.

#33 6 years ago

I try to get 7.5 to 8 hours every day. It helps that I work at home full time on a 40 hour/week but daily flex schedule. On weekends I usually sleep as long as I want. If I only get about 7 or less hours of sleep I feel it that day. I also believe that my getting adequate sleep along with a flexible schedule have been a big part in my blood pressure being low-normal.
    When I fail to get at least above 7 hours of sleep I find myself not being interested in doing things like playing pinball because I feel groggy/lazy.

#34 6 years ago

I've had a couple of sleep studies done, and I'm one of the "sleepless elite" (http://healthland.time.com/2011/04/07/are-you-among-the-sleepless-elite-%E2%80%94-or-just-sleep-deprived/).

I go to bed when I'm tired, and sleep 2-3 hours before waking up feeling refreshed. I usually take a 30-45 minute "nap" when I get home from work (not really a nap, in the sense that I rarely fall asleep-- it's more of a quiet decompression time after an intense day at work).

This isn't new for me-- I've been this way my whole life, and it kept my parents in constant exhaustion when I was little.

It's both a blessing and a curse-- I can be incredibly productive long after most people have gone to bed. It's a curse in the sense that I spend so many of my waking hours without my family around (though my son also shows some of the sleepless traits), and I have to stick to quite late night and early morning activities.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I've had a couple of sleep studies done, and I'm one of the "sleepless elite" (http://healthland.time.com/2011/04/07/are-you-among-the-sleepless-elite-%E2%80%94-or-just-sleep-deprived/).
    I go to bed when I'm tired, and sleep 2-3 hours before waking up feeling refreshed. I usually take a 30-45 minute "nap" when I get home from work (not really a nap, in the sense that I rarely fall asleep-- it's more of a quiet decompression time after an intense day at work).
    This isn't new for me-- I've been this way my whole life, and it kept my parents in constant exhaustion when I was little.
    It's both a blessing and a curse-- I can be incredibly productive long after most people have gone to bed. It's a curse in the sense that I spend so many of my waking hours without my family around (though my son also shows some of the sleepless traits), and I have to stick to quite late night and early morning activities.

Funny you mention your son.....my father was the same as I am, and my son is as well.

#36 6 years ago

No sleep in Springwood!

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

No sleep in Springwood!

No sleep 'till Brooklyn!

#38 6 years ago

No sleep.. thats why sperm counts throughout the World are decreasing.. and my wife takes up the whole bed. Then she slams doors when she goes to the bathroom.

#39 6 years ago

When I'm in the middle of a project, I get caught up and work way past when I should be snoring. Like last night, where I didn't notice that it was almost 2AM when I thought it was around 11:30 or so.

#40 6 years ago

When I was younger and working 2 jobs and dating a girl 30 miles away, maybe 5 hours a night. Older and working 1 full time job w/plenty of OT, 7 or 8 hrs. Retired at the moment, getting 8-9 now.

#41 6 years ago

I was severely sleep deprived for about 20 years. I was a truck driver for 10 years, then went to school to get an engineering degree. Usually got about 2 hours of sleep a night at most during that whole time. When I got a normal job, I started sleeping 6 hours a night, but still felt the same. After way too long, I got checked and I have really bad sleep apnea (104 apneas per hour). Now that I am on a CPAP, I sleep 6 -7 hours a night, and feel pretty good all day.

I need to try to figure out how to bump that up to 8 hours, but I just don't have the time to do it. I am a powerlifter, and the extra sleep would really help me.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

No sleep.. thats why sperm counts throughout the World are decreasing.. and my wife takes up the whole bed. Then she slams doors when she goes to the bathroom.

Don't forget the loud coughing all night.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That is the 2nd or 3rd useful thing that a shower stall can be used as.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

2-4 if I am lucky. The life of a stay at home dad with a newborn.

Get those rests in when baby rests too. Good luck to you, we all know it can be rough. But you'll think the world is all rainbows the first night involving 6+ hours of sleep for baby and you.

#45 6 years ago

For years I lived on 4 to 5 hours a night but for some reason this year (at 63 years old) I am needing more like 5 to 6 to feel decent. I have had a busy & stressful year so far this year and that seems to be taking a toll. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

That is the 2nd or 3rd useful thing that a shower stall can be used as.

What's the first? Chopping up a dead body? Having a baby?

#47 6 years ago

Some of my film investors are doctors. I thought it was ok because I only needed about 4 hours sleep. Well, they explained just how important sleep is. They said try to get at least 7-8 hours. In a test study over 95% of the subjects when deprived of sleep for long periods developed diabetes. (and other stuff).....I try to sleep more now....

#48 6 years ago

I've already gotten three hours sleep today reading pinside at work, so it looks like I'll be good for another all nighter tonite.

#49 6 years ago

It takes me less than a minute to get/leave work. No time driving back and forth to work has given me more time to sleep. I get a solid eight hours a night and love it!
    In the 00's, I worked about 70 hours a week and got about 5 hours on a good night.
    In the 90's, I got about 3 or 4 hours a night working 3rd shift in a data center. How can you sleep when it's daylight?
    In the 80's, sleep wasn't important at all. Would stay at the clubs until they kicked us out and would be back at work 7:00 the next morning.

#50 6 years ago

I don't sleep, I wait.

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-hrs-of-sleep-do-you-get/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.