(Topic ID: 274595)

How many here have only pins, no other games?

By JohnnyPinball007

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by zarco
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Pins only, or a pool table, ping pong table, etc. also”

• Pinball machine/s only here 30 votes
      43%
    • Pinball machine/s and other games also 39 votes
      57%

(69 votes)

#1 3 years ago

I am doing this to try to help Pinside.

There is a debate about starting auctions here.

While auctions could be entertaining to watch, and hopefully help the site make more money, here is what I would prefer to see:

Top right of HQ, add Other.

Click on Other and you have a top 100 other games, golden tee, big buck hunter, even cornhole?

Rankings and ratings, comments, and even it's own marketplace and forums.

A while back I lucked out that my pinball distributor also sold Golden Tee when I wanted one of those, but when I was looking for a ping pong table I had to look away from Pinside.

Before Pinside ever ventures into auctions, and I hope they do someday, I hope they will think about this first.

AND, the biggest thing is that no one will ever even know all this exists anyway, the site, forums and marketplace will still be the same, BUT, if you click on the "Other" button, it will open up a whole new world of everything that we all love about this site in the first place.

If the other games button ever happened, I think at least a few of us would be in there just like we are in the main section.

And if you do not like change, want to keep this site the way it is now, just never click on that "other games" button.

#2 3 years ago

Well its called Pinside, not arcade side or game side. Maybe I'm a purist.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from lhsette:

Poolside sounds quite nice though.

#4 3 years ago

I've got like 30 pins, and a single 60-in-1 arcade cabinet.

As far as your question about the auctions... I think it's a terrible idea, but I understand why the management would want the extra revenue. I would suggest that the auctions be limited to pins, parts for pins, and pinball memorabilia.

#5 3 years ago

started out with arcade machines but after the first pin arrived everything changed & all arcade games are sold & long gone

#6 3 years ago

I am not an arcadeist, it is all fun and part of a great hobby

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from lhsette:

I also have to vote for pins only. Nothing wrong with talking about anything/everything game room here on pinside but I feel like everyone selling their ping pong table for $50 muddies up the water a bit. Plus you can find pool tables all day long on CL at deep discounts.

#8 3 years ago

Had some arcade games: basically never played them, now they are gone.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I also have to vote for pins only. Nothing wrong with talking about anything/everything game room here on pinside but I feel like everyone selling their ping pong table for $50 muddies up the water a bit. Plus you can find pool tables all day long on CL at deep discounts.

I did not see any ping pong tables or pool tables listed, but there is a Golden Tee and several arcade games for sale here on Pinside.

You have to go to the classifieds and uncheck everything except other to see everything together. I have only recently figured this out.

My whole point is that if the site wants to make more money in the marketplace, make "other" a prime button next to the HQ button.

Nothing else changes, and if you are not looking for a Golden Tee, Big Buck Hunter, etc., you will never even know that part of Pinside exists unless you click on it and start looking around.

#10 3 years ago

We have a dart machine. Haven’t touched it in months. Darts are really only fun with other people. Pinball is kind of the same way, but I still find time to sneak a couple games in every night.

#11 3 years ago

It seems that the vast majority of people here have built game rooms, or
    in some cases, game houses. While pinball certainly dominates having
    other arcade games is a natural side track for many of us. No harm, no foul.
    Steve

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-here-have-only-pins-no-other-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.