(Topic ID: 203109)

How many hate ratings will TNA get this week?

By jgentry

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1910506_815172491835837_1164619264453680694_n (resized).jpg
87ECAD60-B3FE-481E-B09A-E265586D0D08 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171119_131813.jpg
AnimalHouse-Otter-Defense (resized).jpg
fe97fc7176cf94beef156f8353a399ea--working-in-retail-dave-chappelle (resized).jpg
Player-Haters-Ball-Quotes-008 (resized).jpg
bogus rating 1 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
20171120_091940 (resized).png
Screenshot_20171120-085916 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

I think the difference with TNA and other new pins, is that it is made by a company and a person that are generally well liked, and that the game itself has generally positive reviews. It's not like a brand new Stern comes out and the Stern fanboys, or people newer to the hobby automatically give it a 10. Scott has brought the prototype to shows for the last year, and people have enjoyed playing his game even if they might not buy one for themselves. TNA had a different vibe about it, not just the machine itself, but the story behind it, and the people that worked to make it happen. I don't think you'll get people that will give it low ratings just to bring it down. But then again...this IS pinside.

I'm waiting to give my rating when I have the machine in-house and I can put plenty of single player games on it. I've been a fan since playing it at MGC last year, and I don't think that'll change once I have mine, but I just think it's fair to put a fair amount of play on a machine before giving it a rating, and not being one of those fanboys, which admittedly, I am.

#26 6 years ago

Also to add that Scott does read all of the feedback posted by owners, both privately and on location and makes software updates to address them. Can't say that about anyone else! He watches streams and watches people play at shows also. He genuinely wants to make this game as error-free as possible.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

appears they cried enough to the mods to have my legitimate rating now supressed from the rankings. Pretty sad that now we have people manipulating the made up rankings by flagging any game they want to move it down.
Come on Pinside. I thought there was an attempt to make the ratings system better. Letting people flag a rating they dont agree with for personal hate of the rater (obvious since they flagged me but not anyone else that rated TNA a 10) and then supressing the rating seems wrong. Seems like the perfect opportunity to note the multiple people that flagged me and ban them from the ratings system all together for abuse of it.

I have to agree, that's not cool. If you legitimately love a title, and it hits all of your checkboxes, then why not be able to rate it a 10? I rated TZ a 10 because IMO, it's the perfect machine. It does all of the things that I love about pinball. I get that some people don't like Hilton, but really, he rated a machine that hit all of his weighed rankings accordingly. His comments did not seems generic and fake enough to warrant removal. Should I be afraid to give it a 10 also because a few people may think my rating is fake and flag it?

#41 6 years ago

Hey, I stood up for Hilton. Has to say something

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Wait. So greenhornet hasn’t played this pin either but is providing commentary based on videos? He’s expanding beyond Alien it seems.

You should check in the other big TNA thread, the one announcing its production...

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Do yourself a favor and don't, lol.

All I gotta say is, if you have a chance to play the game, go do it! You won't be disappointed! And you definitely won't nitpick on it.

1 week later
#143 6 years ago

It's really silly. Flags on legit reviews of people that actually own or played the game. Latest one is "Don't get this game at all." (verbatim) with a 6.6 rating. I mean really? Don't you have better things to do?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-hate-ratings-will-tna-get-this-week?tu=fatpanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.