(Topic ID: 203109)

How many hate ratings will TNA get this week?

By jgentry

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1910506_815172491835837_1164619264453680694_n (resized).jpg
87ECAD60-B3FE-481E-B09A-E265586D0D08 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171119_131813.jpg
AnimalHouse-Otter-Defense (resized).jpg
fe97fc7176cf94beef156f8353a399ea--working-in-retail-dave-chappelle (resized).jpg
Player-Haters-Ball-Quotes-008 (resized).jpg
bogus rating 1 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
20171120_091940 (resized).png
Screenshot_20171120-085916 (resized).png
There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

if you are really that simple minded, ill be happy to clarify it for you. what im telling you is that this obsession makes you a threat to yourself.

I rate this post a 1.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

appears they cried enough to the mods to have my legitimate rating now supressed from the rankings. Pretty sad that now we have people manipulating the made up rankings by flagging any game they want to move it down

Had no idea the Pinside rating system could be manipulated. Very sad, Pinside as a whole should rank games and not have others remove ratings they don't like. That's BS. Really a low class thing to flag a rating that an individual don't agree with. Pinball is FUN not a thing to fuel hate towards others.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

SCOTT DANESI IS AWESOME.
Wish I had the shirt to prove it.

All you gotta do is ask.

#104 6 years ago

while i have your attention aurich,
i havent forgotten that i still owe you one:

Quoted from Aurich:

No, I have no idea why it plays so fast, it must be really complicated, explain it to me like I'm five. Have you played the game?

IMG_20171119_131813.jpgIMG_20171119_131813.jpg

Quoted from Aurich:

When people see the final reveal it's going to sell like crazy, you can quote me on that.

Quoted from Aurich:

Sales are going to quadruple once it's revealed.

Quoted from Aurich:

Don't present your opinion as fact.

Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe stop and think for 5 seconds before you hit post, and just ask yourself if you're being a jerk.

now that those crazy quadrupled sales are out of the way, i think were getting close. i hope you appreciate that i did honor your requests/pleas and stayed out of the way during that time out of respect for everyone involved in the project. today is a much better time for an objective review/evaluation anyway, now that more people have a better understanding of the gameplay and there is more video coverage available.

Quoted from Aurich:

The art on this game will not appeal to everyone... Some will wish it was darker and more Mad Max.

how much darker can you get than BLACK in the middle of the pf?

#105 6 years ago

I enjoy reading the reviews on games. It's nice to see mm dethroned every so often. It wouldn't shock me if TNA stays fairly high in the ratings. I think there's a decent number of us who appreciate a unique layout. There's a lot you can do with the good old two flipper fan, and I've owned lots. Lately I really appreciate modern games that take a chance and mix it up.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

there is more video coverage available.

please just go start a single thread where you can provide your critically acclaimed review of every game you have not played and tell us what could have been more funner...

I suggest titling it "GreenHornet tells you what feature could have been more funner on every game"
subtitled 'how I am smarter than you all from watching online videos'

Honestly, it would be nicer to every person that is excited about any game to not have you continually in threads when you can make your very own thread to talk to your hearts content about why you could be the best designer of all time and how you would nitpick everygame to make it better.

#107 6 years ago

Most trash reviews are because a game is limp or they haven't played it or haven't played it much.

#108 6 years ago

Jezus ..... what kind of tread is this, fanboy that is angry because somebody don't like it?
I like it because i like some 80 style games.
But i prefer deeper rules than TNA.
Still ist a very very fun and solid game alot of people will like it but its not for everyone.
So let everyone make his own choice.
Technicaly its worth every dollar , awesome quality.
Therefore i don't have to play it.
I can look at a video and say if i like it or not, don't give people the crap that they can't.
You like it buy it.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Jezus ..... what kind of tread is this, fanboy that is angry because somebody don't like it?
I like it because i like some 80 style games.
But i prefer deeper rules than TNA.
Still ist a very very fun and solid game alot of people will like it but its not for everyone.
So let everyone make his own choice.
Technicaly its worth every dollar , awesome quality.
Therefore i don't have to play it.
I can look at a video and say if i like it or not, don't give people the crap that they can't.
You like it buy it.

What are you talking about? I'm not angry about anything. I stated numerous times that I think it's funny when people see a new game rated high and hate rate it so I started a thread about it. Some people take all of this stuff way too serious.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

while i have your attention aurich,
i havent forgotten that i still owe you one:

now that those crazy quadrupled sales are out of the way, i think were getting close. i hope you appreciate that i did honor your requests/pleas and stayed out of the way during that time out of respect for everyone involved in the project. today is a much better time for an objective review/evaluation anyway, now that more people have a better understanding of the gameplay and there is more video coverage available.

how much darker can you get than BLACK in the middle of the pf?

Psycho stalk people much???

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Letting people flag a rating they dont agree with for personal hate of the rater (obvious since they flagged me but not anyone else

Hilton

Have you ever internalized the general hate that you've developed on Pinside? Have you ever considered that you might be the problem and not the crowd? Or do you even care as it's become my sense that you don't.

There are lessons that can be learned here but instead of understanding and adapting, you only escalate the disrespect you receive. A lot of people are frustrated with you from a broad spectrum of your actions and you seem oblivious about it.

You and I have had our run ins and I'm not saying any of this to provoke you. Matter of fact, I have been doing my best to ignore you but it seems you enjoy grabbing rope to hang yourself with.

I'm only suggesting that you take a step back and consider what you could do to rehabilitate your reputation. I mean if you care about that sort of thing.

Pinside is a forgiving place and I think everybody understands that you are not all bad and you do many good things. But damn, you can be irritating and in a variety of different ways.

And I speak from the experience of my trip on the dark side. - Best wishes with whatever you decide.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hilton
Have you ever internalized the general hate that you've developed on Pinside? Have you ever considered that you might be the problem and not the crowd? Or do you even care as it's become my sense that you don't.
There are lessons that can be learned here but instead of understanding and adapting, you only escalate the disrespect you receive. A lot of people are frustrated with you from a broad spectrum of your actions and you seem oblivious about it.
You and I have had our run ins and I'm not saying any of this to provoke you. Matter of fact, I have been doing my best to ignore you but it seems you enjoy grabbing rope to hang yourself with.
I'm only suggesting that you take a step back and consider what you could do to rehabilitate your reputation. I mean if you care about that sort of thing.
Pinside is a forgiving place and I think everybody understands that you are not all bad and you do many good things. But damn, you can be irritating and in a variety of different ways.
And I speak from the experience of my trip on the dark side. - Best wishes with whatever you decide.

Just put him on ignore if he bothers you. Expecting people to change into what you want them to be is not reasonable. I wouldn't expect Robin to branch out and start offering pinside rehabilitation camp anytime soon. Besides the camp would be overflowing and Robin would never be able to keep up with the demand

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Despite your attempt to try and paint me as some sort of bad reputation amongst the masses, I have found the vast majority of people get along with me well and I have made lots of real life friends from what started as internet friends (many from this forum even).

I dont care what a handful of people on the internet think about me (check it out; same 5-10 losers that bring out the thumbs down brigade if you like to track that sort of thing). I do plenty of good in real life and have plenty of real world friends. I actually laugh about much of the internet world and the general dispise for me from the handful of guys that like to click that thumbs down button to their hearts content. I have found that the pinball world tends to put lots of eclectic people with antisocial tendancies into social experiences (both online and IRL) and that can cause angst and issue for many of them. Tough crap, there are more important things in life than pinball or the opinion of some other pinball nerds on the internet.

I am comfortable with some people are just not going to like me. I am going to still be me.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Then why are you even in this thread?

Because it started off aboot TNA which is an interesting subject, and then devolved into fixing the ratings system.
Edit: also I'm a part of the conversation having to come insult it.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Just put him on ignore if he bothers you. Expecting people to change into what you want them to be is not reasonable.

I tried putting Hilton on ignore. But like most people that use this feature, I would cheat and peek in and that only made me feel creepy about myself.

And I'm not trying to change his behavior but only make a suggestion. I was taking a different tact than I have in the past, and believe it or not, I was trying to be helpful to him.
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"

Quoted from Whysnow:

Despite your attempt to try and paint me as some sort of bad reputation amongst the masses, I have found the vast majority of people get along with me well and I have made lots of real life friends from what started as internet friends (many from this forum even).
I dont care what a handful of people on the internet think about me (check it out; same 5-10 losers that bring out the thumbs down brigade if you like to track that sort of thing). I do plenty of good in real life and have plenty of real world friends. I actually laugh about much of the internet world and the general dispise for me from the handful of guys that like to click that thumbs down button to their hearts content. I have found that the pinball world tends to put lots of eclectic people with antisocial tendancies into social experiences (both online and IRL) and that can cause angst and issue for many of them. Tough crap, there are more important things in life than pinball or the opinion of some other pinball nerds on the internet.
I am comfortable with some people are just not going to like me. I am going to still be me.

This is a predictable response from you, Hilton. I'm sorry you failed to understand my good natured intent.
All right, back to the Zoo everyone.

#116 6 years ago

Whysnow is a super nice guy. He brought me local gluten free beer at Expo once, just because. He's a little enthusiastic sometimes, so what, sometimes I write essays about things. This is a place to write and read, people who get mad that someone is here writing things for them to read strikes me as weird. It's lame that anyone would try and block his ratings. What's the point of having game ratings with opinions (okay I could stop here) if you're not going to let everyone have an opinion? I get blocking straight up low effort trolls, but anyone who takes the time to write something? Let it be.

Just put people on ignore if you can't deal. I see a lot of "Ignored user comment" text. Not gonna say who, but let's just say this thread isn't immune from it. Give it a try.

#117 6 years ago

So if the ratings were recalculated today after the flagging and additional ratings it would be a 8.786, #3 in the Top 100. In one year where do you think it will end up in the ratings? My guess is it will settle between a 8.3 and 8.5 right around #20. Not saying that's right or wrong that's just where I predict it's going to end up on the list.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

So if the ratings were recalculated today after the flagging and additional ratings it would be a 8.786, #3 in the Top 100. In one year where do you think it will end up in the ratings? My guess is it will settle between a 8.3 and 8.5 right around #20. Not saying that's right or wrong that's just where I predict it's going to end up on the list.

For some it will be a top game, others will hate it, others will enjoy it but not as much as some other modern games. I'd say if it stays in the top 30 that would be pretty good considering how different it is.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

for me, it is #1 right now and I dont see that changing. I am well beyond honeymoon phase and the game keeps getting better.

I dont really care where it goes in the pinside rating, but I think it def top 10 status game for the long run and as more people get time on it they will agree.

#120 6 years ago

Yeah, I need a chance to just rent one for a weekend. I'm finding with pretty much all games, I have to build muscle memory to even have a shot of being a decent player. For me that only happens when I can just keep hitting start over and over and over.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hilton
Pinside is a forgiving place and I think everybody understands that you are not all bad and you do many good things. But damn you can be irritating and in a variety of different ways.

+ 1

#122 6 years ago

I was going to buy one, but man that's rated low. Glad I saw this!

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Whysnow is a super nice guy. He brought me local gluten free beer at Expo once, just because. He's a little enthusiastic sometimes, so what, sometimes I write essays about things.

He's a pretty cool dude in person, but online persona is ehhh sometimes not so great. Nice enthusiasm tempered by a little too much attention-whoring and trying to police other peoples' sh*t. No biggie though, all pinball people are kinda weird.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

for me, it is #1 right now and I dont see that changing. I am well beyond honeymoon phase and the game keeps getting better.

Exactly how long is the "honeymoon phase"? I remember that discussion with MMr and was thinking it should be a minimum of 90 days.
What's your thoughts?
-Mike

#125 6 years ago

You shouldn't be able to rate a game unless it has at minimum of 500 characters in the description also.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

please just go start a single thread where you can provide your critically acclaimed review of every game you have not played and tell us what could have been more funner...
I suggest titling it "GreenHornet tells you what feature could have been more funner on every game"
subtitled 'how I am smarter than you all from watching online videos'
Honestly, it would be nicer to every person that is excited about any game to not have you continually in threads when you can make your very own thread to talk to your hearts content about why you could be the best designer of all time and how you would nitpick everygame to make it better.

Wait. So greenhornet hasn’t played this pin either but is providing commentary based on videos? He’s expanding beyond Alien it seems.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Exactly how long is the "honeymoon phase"? I remember that discussion with MMr and was thinking it should be a minimum of 90 days.
What's your thoughts?
-Mike

I think 90 days of ownership is likely a good spot for someone that plays it a bunch. For me personally, i have been playing the various iterations of the game for the past year and now had the game for almost 2 months (i think? but not sure of exact date without looking). I have over 150 games on the produciton unit since I owned it. Probably an additional 150 watched of others. Probably 200 plays on proto and pre-produciton unit combined over the last year.

I think basically the honeymoon period ends for me once I get the 'feel' of the game and start playing second nature. It is more about repetitions over time than an actual time.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Wait. So greenhornet hasn’t played this pin either but is providing commentary based on videos? He’s expanding beyond Alien it seems.

I personally was not impressed with the game after seeing videos but changed my mind after playing it at York. I want one,that's a sure thing.
My question is:
who really cares what the pinside rating is? If you like it buy it or play it, if you do not like it don't buy or play it....

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

who really cares what the pinside rating is?

As you can see from this and many other threads it matters to tons of people.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

brought me local gluten free beer

Does it help or make a difference?

I know my hemorrhoids flare up sometimes after too many regular beers...I don’t eat bread...

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I know my hemorrhoids flare up sometimes after too many regular beers...I don’t eat bread...

maybe a PM?

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I'm a celiac, so yes, it makes a difference.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

You should check in the other big TNA thread, the one announcing its production...

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm a celiac, so yes, it makes a difference.

Sorry to hear man...that is a big difference from just being gluten intolerant...this little awesome dude was celiac

87ECAD60-B3FE-481E-B09A-E265586D0D08 (resized).jpeg87ECAD60-B3FE-481E-B09A-E265586D0D08 (resized).jpeg

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Quoted from FatPanda:

You should check in the other big TNA thread, the one announcing its production...

Do yourself a favor and don't, lol. It's just more greenhornet ranting.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Do yourself a favor and don't, lol.

All I gotta say is, if you have a chance to play the game, go do it! You won't be disappointed! And you definitely won't nitpick on it.

#137 6 years ago

So greenhornet hates TNA now?

I think I'm more curious as to what he actually likes. Doesn't seem to be pinball.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

So greenhornet hates TNA now?
I think I'm more curious as to what he actually likes. Doesn't seem to be pinball.

Yes, not as much as Alien but he is definitely not a fan of it. So add Alien, TNA, Aurich, and Whysnow to his growing list of things that cause internet rants.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So add Alien, TNA, Aurich, and Whysnow to his growing list of things that cause internet rants.

in his defense *gag* a few of those items have been causing Pinside rants for years before he was here

#140 6 years ago

1910506_815172491835837_1164619264453680694_n (resized).jpg1910506_815172491835837_1164619264453680694_n (resized).jpg

1 week later
#141 6 years ago

jgentry, you were right haters will hate!

#142 6 years ago

They definitely came in later the usual but the hate ratings are starting to roll in.

#143 6 years ago

It's really silly. Flags on legit reviews of people that actually own or played the game. Latest one is "Don't get this game at all." (verbatim) with a 6.6 rating. I mean really? Don't you have better things to do?

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's really silly. Flags on legit reviews of people that actually own or played the game. Latest one is "Don't get this game at all." (verbatim) with a 6.6 rating. I mean really? Don't you have better things to do?

yup and constant flags on the legit ratings are silly.

I do really think pinside could solve that just by making flags public like they did with thumbs up/down. It self regulates.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-hate-ratings-will-tna-get-this-week/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.