(Topic ID: 203109)

How many hate ratings will TNA get this week?

By jgentry

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1910506_815172491835837_1164619264453680694_n (resized).jpg
87ECAD60-B3FE-481E-B09A-E265586D0D08 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171119_131813.jpg
AnimalHouse-Otter-Defense (resized).jpg
fe97fc7176cf94beef156f8353a399ea--working-in-retail-dave-chappelle (resized).jpg
Player-Haters-Ball-Quotes-008 (resized).jpg
bogus rating 1 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
20171120_091940 (resized).png
Screenshot_20171120-085916 (resized).png

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

I'm going with 11.

Not that it matters were it ends up being rated. I just think it's funny to see when a new game pops up in the 1 spot all of the ratings that suddenly flood in.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I just think it's funny to see when a new game pops up in the 1 spot.

Says the guy who gave it a number 1 spot rating.

Screenshot_20171120-085916 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171120-085916 (resized).png

#3 6 years ago

Wow.. TNA is the best game of all time. All these years pinball manufacturers thought people liked ramps. Nope. Flat is where it's at!!!

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Says the guy who gave it a number 1 spot rating.

It's not even my top spot game. I have a couple of games ranked ahead of it and several that I feel are pretty equal. It's damn good though.

#5 6 years ago

TNA kicked my ass last year at TPF.
Ed Robertson called me a "lock stealing motherfucker".
I lost $2 on that game.
TNA bad.

Wish I was farther away.
Bad luck with sale.

#6 6 years ago

Poor Whysnow, rates the pin a 10 and gets 3 flags. A noobie rates it a 10 with nothing said. For some reason I find it funny.
20171120_091940 (resized).png20171120_091940 (resized).png

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Poor Whysnow, rates the pin a 10 and gets 3 flags. A noobie rates it a 10 with nothing said. For some reason I find it funny.

Lol, he's rubbed a few people the wrong way. He's passionate about it, that's for sure. That is pretty funny though.

On a game like this that a lot of people haven't played and most of the reviews are going to be positive because they are from people that loved the game enough to buy an early one. It will even out over the next few months as it's a different style game that not everyone is going to like. I just saw that it hit number one and generally when that happens there's a flood of people rating a game as a 1 because it bumped one of their games. Always just cracks me up a little.

#8 6 years ago

I think the difference with TNA and other new pins, is that it is made by a company and a person that are generally well liked, and that the game itself has generally positive reviews. It's not like a brand new Stern comes out and the Stern fanboys, or people newer to the hobby automatically give it a 10. Scott has brought the prototype to shows for the last year, and people have enjoyed playing his game even if they might not buy one for themselves. TNA had a different vibe about it, not just the machine itself, but the story behind it, and the people that worked to make it happen. I don't think you'll get people that will give it low ratings just to bring it down. But then again...this IS pinside.

I'm waiting to give my rating when I have the machine in-house and I can put plenty of single player games on it. I've been a fan since playing it at MGC last year, and I don't think that'll change once I have mine, but I just think it's fair to put a fair amount of play on a machine before giving it a rating, and not being one of those fanboys, which admittedly, I am.

#9 6 years ago

Of course he rates it a 10, he offers his brown nosing services to get one of the first games off the line (line jumping).

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Of course he rates it a 10, he offers his brown nosing services to get one of the first games off the line (line jumping).

Spot on.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think the difference with TNA and other new pins, is that it is made by a company and a person that are generally well liked, and that the game itself has generally positive reviews. It's not like a brand new Stern comes out and the Stern fanboys, or people newer to the hobby automatically give it a 10. Scott has brought the prototype to shows for the last year, and people have enjoyed playing his game even if they might not buy one for themselves. TNA had a different vibe about it, not just the machine itself, but the story behind it, and the people that worked to make it happen. I don't think you'll get people that will give it low ratings just to bring it down. But then again...this IS pinside.
I'm waiting to give my rating when I have the machine in-house and I can put plenty of single player games on it. I've been a fan since playing it at MGC last year, and I don't think that'll change once I have mine, but I just think it's fair to put a fair amount of play on a machine before giving it a rating, and not being one of those fanboys, which admittedly, I am.

I think this is an interesting point. Scott and Charlie and crew are pretty hard to dislike and TNA does have a very chill vibe. Will their charm hold back the pinside hate or will it flow through anyway?

#12 6 years ago

It will be rated just fine. People seem to like the game and company that is making it. If it was a new Stern game with no licensed theme and they slapped a 6k price tag on it this place would blow up! The hate would be pouring in like mad trust me.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It will be rated just fine. People seem to like the game and company that is making it. If it was a new Stern game with no licensed theme and they slapped a 6k price tag on it this place would blow up! The hate would be pouring in like mad trust me.

Stern sort of already did this. It's not really fair to compare TNA to WNBJM because of all of the added tech in TNA but there are similarities and WNBJM was not all that well received. I owned one for a long time and loved it, miss it and might get another one at some point. I think I'm in the vast minority on that one though.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Yeah... a lot of things on Pinside need to be taken with a grain of salt. When it comes to Whysnow, you need a small mountain of salt.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

he offers his brown nosing services to get one of the first games off the line

He also has a heavy use location that is close to Spooky HQ, so we have good access to address any issues before we ship a pile of games.

It's a pleasant surprise to see this game at #1 to say the least... got me to go in and under complete bias rate my first game ever this morning! We're proud that Scott has managed to change a few minds on what "fun pinball" is and can be. Pretty amazing when you play this game and think about it.

Scott Danesi is awesome! So is Eric at JJP... and it's great to see young guys stepping in and making a difference. Pinball needs that in a big way.

#16 6 years ago

Whatever happens with the rating, it's a major accomplishment to debut at #1 (not all new games do this). Congratulations to all those involved.

#17 6 years ago

charlie is there a max number of production on this title?

#18 6 years ago

Caucasian2Step is pretty much the only review I seek out to read their reviews.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

PS: Perhaps the better question..."How many people will be placing an order for TNA this week?"

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Agreed!

#20 6 years ago

Here is what the harshest reviewer of TNA had to stay...

"TNA is an awesome game"

“just one more game appeal that makes it hard to walk away from"

"perfect for tournament play"

"gets your heart beating"

"lighting on this game is incredible"

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

charlie is there a max number of production on this title?

Nope... play it before you buy it. Aren't sure or don't understand why it's getting so much love? No problem! Decide for yourself. We'll take it to every show we're at in 2018 so people can judge for themselves.

I'm pretty much the worst salesman ever. Having said that, there's a reason it's piled up a bunch of "best in show" awards.

#22 6 years ago

When it's good it sells itself, and TNA is good.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

PS: Perhaps the better question..."How many people will be placing an order for TNA this week?"

Hopefully lots. It may open their eyes to a completely different style of pinball.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

actually, I asked to buy the game before it was even flipping. Scott agreed to sell me one IF he ever made a second, and that was over a year before there was even a chance of the game being built or Spooky was part of the picture. When it was decided that the game was going to be produced, Scott kept his word and made sure I was able to get one of the first games. I think Chuck decided I could not have #1 because I was only 1/2 as cool as Ed (I agree, that dude is pretty cool, so 50% of that is a compliment).

I of course offered to put my personal game on route to help get more data and feedback right away.

I have been happy to offer my help with advice and suggestions based on many plays myself, watching others play, and tweaking things. Hopefully this has helped to make the game and production better for others down the line.

My rating of a 10 is genuine and truthful. Sorry you are so biased that you are unable to see reality through your cloud of brown on everything.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

actually, I asked to buy the game before it was even flipping. Scott agreed to sell me one IF he ever made a second, and that was over a year before there was even a chance of the game being built or Spooky was part of the picture. When it was decided that the game was going to be produced, Scott kept his word and made sure I was able to get one of the first games. I think Chuck decided I could not have #1 because I was only 1/2 as cool as Ed (I agree, that dude is pretty cool, so 50% of that is a compliment).
I of course offered to put my personal game on route to help get more data and feedback right away.
I have been happy to offer my help with advice and suggestions based on many plays myself, watching others play, and tweaking things. Hopefully this has helped to make the game and production better for others down the line.
My rating of a 10 is genuine and truthful. Sorry you are so biased that you are unable to see reality through your cloud of brown on everything.

No doubt my #18 has less issues and is more solid because of this.

#26 6 years ago

Also to add that Scott does read all of the feedback posted by owners, both privately and on location and makes software updates to address them. Can't say that about anyone else! He watches streams and watches people play at shows also. He genuinely wants to make this game as error-free as possible.

#27 6 years ago

gotta love the hate ratings are rolling in already... esp when they cant even take the time to make a review, lol

bogus rating 1 (resized).JPGbogus rating 1 (resized).JPG

#28 6 years ago

I do not have enough time on a production game to rate it, but I will say it is a great game and Scott is a great guy that will keep code updates coming. I played the white wood at TPF and at Southern Fried and it deserves a high ranking. I will probably try to and grab one on the secondary market down the road.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I do not have enough time on a production game to rate it, but I will say it is a great game and Scott is a great guy that will keep code updates coming. I played the white wood at TPF and at Southern Fried and it deserves a high ranking. I will probably try to and grab one on the secondary market down the road.

Is that a dibs that you are calling Woody?

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I certainly appreciate that you got an early copy of this and put it on route. For me, it was the first chance I had to kick the tires on it and validate the hype. I have never purchased a NIB game...but I'm almost certain this will be my first.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think Chuck decided I could not have #1 because I was only 1/2 as cool as Ed (I agree, that dude is pretty cool, so 50% of that is a compliment).

1/2 has cool as Ed, I don't think so. I think you got your game fast since Charlie and Scott did not want you calling him every day asking about it. So, more of a self preservation kind of a thing

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Is that a dibs that you are calling Woody?

I do not think you will be letting yours go anytime soon.

#33 6 years ago

I played TNA a few times only at the ayci Gogi launch party.

I enjoyed the game. It was well crafted.
I like pinball. This is another fun pinball game IMO.

We need many more fun pinball machines.

I got to play fourth in the rotation and I stole two other guys multiballs. Nice, I really like that.

They were good. Worth stealing both.

#35 6 years ago

I hope it doesn't get hate ratings. That stuff is childish.

The game is awesome. While it may not be the best pinball machine ever created, it sure is one of the best stories we've had in pinball for a long time. A garage project that was recognized by a boutique maker for its great potential. A few shows later and public approval, and this baby goes into production and becomes a hit. Good people involved all around.

I would love to own one of these one day.

#36 6 years ago

I wouldn't call it "hate ratings". I'd call it "reality ratings".

Is it the best pinball machine ever made? It hasn't even been out there long enough to evaluate the lastability.

That said, I'm looking forward to playing it and everything else coming from Spooky and crew in the future!

Congrats on getting the top spot for at least a short time Spooky.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I wouldn't call it "hate ratings". I'd call it "reality ratings".
Is it the best pinball machine ever made? It hasn't even been out there long enough to evaluate the lastability.
That said, I'm looking forward to playing it and everything else coming from Spooky and crew in the future!
Congrats on getting the top spot for at least a short time Spooky.

I wasn't really talking about those ratings. Not everyone is going to love the game and they should rate it according to how they feel about it. In the past when stern and JJP games have appeared high on the rating or in the number 1 spot there have been people leaving a rating of 2 or 1 just to move it down. Those always crack me up a little. If someone feels its a 5 and has their own reasons to feel that way there's nothing wrong with that. You can't please everyone no matter what type of game you make.

#38 6 years ago

appears they cried enough to the mods to have my legitimate rating now supressed from the rankings. Pretty sad that now we have people manipulating the made up rankings by flagging any game they want to move it down.

Come on Pinside. I thought there was an attempt to make the ratings system better. Letting people flag a rating they dont agree with for personal hate of the rater (obvious since they flagged me but not anyone else that rated TNA a 10) and then supressing the rating seems wrong. Seems like the perfect opportunity to note the multiple people that flagged me and ban them from the ratings system all together for abuse of it.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

appears they cried enough to the mods to have my legitimate rating now supressed from the rankings. Pretty sad that now we have people manipulating the made up rankings by flagging any game they want to move it down.
Come on Pinside. I thought there was an attempt to make the ratings system better. Letting people flag a rating they dont agree with for personal hate of the rater (obvious since they flagged me but not anyone else that rated TNA a 10) and then supressing the rating seems wrong. Seems like the perfect opportunity to note the multiple people that flagged me and ban them from the ratings system all together for abuse of it.

I have to agree, that's not cool. If you legitimately love a title, and it hits all of your checkboxes, then why not be able to rate it a 10? I rated TZ a 10 because IMO, it's the perfect machine. It does all of the things that I love about pinball. I get that some people don't like Hilton, but really, he rated a machine that hit all of his weighed rankings accordingly. His comments did not seems generic and fake enough to warrant removal. Should I be afraid to give it a 10 also because a few people may think my rating is fake and flag it?

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Should I be afraid to give it a 10 also because a few people may think my rating is fake and flag it?

If you get afraid that easily I would stay of the internet

#41 6 years ago

Hey, I stood up for Hilton. Has to say something

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

gotta love the hate ratings are rolling in already... esp when they cant even take the time to make a review, lol

You mean the same way you have reviewed 84 games but only have left actual review for 22 of them? Out of the the 31 games your ranked below a 5.0 rating you left comments on 5 of them. Everyone has an opinion and thats fine, but if you are going to call out people for not leaving reviews with their bad scores, you should go back and do the same for yours. Example is you rated MM and 4.6 with no review at all......

#43 6 years ago

wow thats lame that they are suppressing rankings lol. what a joke.

"thats just like your opinion, man."

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

You mean the same way you have reviewed 84 games but only have left actual review for 22 of them? Out of the the 31 games your ranked below a 5.0 rating you left comments on 5 of them. Everyone has an opinion and thats fine, but if you are going to call out people for not leaving reviews with their bad scores, you should go back and do the same for yours. Example is you rated MM and 4.6 with no review at all......

Hipster ratings. Everyone loves mm? 4.6

The boutique game very few people have played? 10

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

sorry, i used to have rating comments for the majority of my reviews. Post one of my updates, many disappeared. I have not taken the time to go back and put in new comments.

Others are placeholders and I adjust over time and then put in comments when I have the time. (quite different than a reactionary down post ranking like some are doing after seeing this thread and have not played the game)

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

He also has a heavy use location that is close to Spooky HQ, so we have good access to address any issues before we ship a pile of games.

Glad that is able to happen. Makes for happy game owners.

Scott Danesi is awesome! So is Eric at JJP... and it's great to see young guys stepping in and making a difference. Pinball needs that in a big way.

Something pinball really needed. Great times for pinball.

I'm pretty much the worst salesman ever.

Maybe the greatest ! You can't please every customer. Insane to even try. But trying to have happy customers says a lot. Even if you lose a sale.

LTG : )

#47 6 years ago

Some people take their opinion and other people's ratings way too seriously.
Let it go, men. Ratings are overrated.
I for one don't care what people think of the games I like to play.
Peace out.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I think if the system allows people to flag into oblivion, it should atleast make the flaggers public so others can see. I also think some people would not abuse the system if it could be seen.

#49 6 years ago

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think if the system allows people to flag into oblivion, it should atleast make the flaggers public so others can see. I also think some people would not abuse the system if it could be seen.

I dont disagree with this at all. The system should be transparent. I think the rating system needs to be done away with altogether and replaced with a ranking system based on pinsiders top 10 machines. Much like the way we can add games to our collection, we should have a list of our top 10 favorite machines which we can edit at any time. Then each spot in the top ten is assigned a point value which ranks them, say #1 spot is worth 10 points, working your way down to spot #10 which is worth one point. This would make people pick a top ten and not just go give perfect ratings or terrible ratings that permanently stay to whatever their flavor of the week is. The games would constantly be moving up and down the rankings based on peoples collections changing and their taste in games changing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-hate-ratings-will-tna-get-this-week and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.