Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by SteveFury
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

203-005.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

All depends if they are LEDed or not.

LEDs can cut the amperage draw of a game in half.

BUT (there is always a but), TZ often seems to flake out or reset if put on a crowded circuit.

Also, old houses tend to have many other circuits that "steal" from any available junction box, so don't automatically assume that only that room shares that breaker.

#9 10 years ago

Most games peak between 4-5 amps, but if LEDed they are sometimes under 2 amps.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

They cut the power consumption at idle significantly, but no way they cut overall draw by half. A Kill a Watt will quickly confirm this.

This has beet tested many times and you can sometimes save more than half. Some games you only save 40%. YMMV of course.

Quoted from phishrace:

That's because of all the magnets and flippers it has. Whether a game has magnets or not is a bigger concern than whether it had LEDs.

I never said otherwise. TZ has always been a problematic reset game, long before LEDs were popular.

Quoted from phishrace:

Your Kill a Watt is broke.

Hardly.

Quoted from phishrace:

Most all USA DMD games are rated at 8 amps .

That is just a boiler plate sticker, not an actual reading of the individual game.

I've measured many games for electrical consumption and distribution at the shows.

#17 10 years ago

Sure, somebody with all 5 chip LEDs will draw more power than somebody using the single chip Ablaze.

And an EM like Fireball with incandescent lamps and big disc motor draws 3.4 amps peak.....

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

My DMD magnet games like The Shadow drew 2.4 amps peak.

Sterns like Tron were 2.2 amps peak.

The lowest game was Gorgar with 1.7 amps peak.

Thanks for some real life examples !

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

10 gauge wire on a 20amp household circuit is a waste of money... there is no gain to be had.... nada... zilch...

I guess that the heavier gauge wire has a little less resistance....so that is one small gain.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

i'm also the person who makes power cords out of 12 gauge because i have a boatload of it lying around, and 12 gauge on a pin is beyond overkill...

I love overkill.

#50 10 years ago

Just tested a LEDed AFM - 2.3A peak

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-games-on-one-circuit?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.