Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by SteveFury
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

203-005.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

6 is the nominal number for a 20A circuit. That leaves a bit of a buffer.

#22 10 years ago

If you want to control multiple receptacles on different circuits from a single switch, you should look into X10.

#24 10 years ago

X10 is expensive as compared to just a switch or switches. You could also do multiple wall switches, one for each circuit. If you are dead set on one switch to control them all, you can go with a multiple pole electrically held contactor with 20A rated contacts and 120V coil. The switch energizes the coil and each circuit runs through each contactor contact.

I just have standard always hot circuits. I just turn my games on one at a time from the game itself. If I want to play one I don't want to turn on a bank of 6 to do so.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

I suggest you google RGP for LOTR ring magnet. They came from the factory with 4 amp slow blow fuses.

Wrong voltage on the magnet to compare to the lines voltage.

Quoted from phishrace:

2.5 amps is way too low for a DMD game. Try changing the main fuse to 2.5 amps and see how long it lasts. 6 modern games on a single 20 amp circuit may work, but good luck playing them all at the same time.

Actually a DMD games does draw 2.5A. Two of us measured with a Fluke 87 True RMS meter and 1000 clamp on ammeter in both attract mode and playing set on the recording setting. The mains 8A fuse is not sized based on the actual load of the game, it is sized to protect the WIRING from short circuit conditions first and then overload conditions second.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Amps are amps. Voltage and phase doesn't matter. If your 4 amp fuse blows, you had more than 4 amps of current running through it.

That's not the issue we are discussing! Here, I copied what I responded to below:

Quoted from phishrace:

I suggest you google RGP for LOTR ring magnet. They came from the factory with 4 amp slow blow fuses. Many games blew that fuse quickly. Stern unofficially advised people to replace it with a 5 amp slow blow. Just for the ring magnet alone.

You are correct that 4A is 4A; but what he is stating is that if the 50V line has a 4A fuse then you need at least that for the main fuse because it has other coils and lights so the entire game is going to pull way more than 4A.

4A x 50V = 200W. Across the transformer --> 200W/120V = 1.6A. The 4A on the 50V secondary only translates to 1.6A on the 120V line side. Amps are amps, but not when talking about different voltages on different sides of the transformer. Wattage on the other hand is the same.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-games-on-one-circuit?tu=schudel5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.