Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC09400_(resized).JPG
DSC09342_(resized).JPG
DSC09341_(resized).JPG
DSC09339_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Just looked at the game counter in my Star Jet. It is at 34,145.

Is that a lot of games for a 1963 game?

#2 7 years ago

Not very much, actually, but it could have rolled over meaning 134,145, but who knows.

I know pinball was still creeping up to it's peak and the games in the 70's usually saw a lot more play with sky high counters on some of them. Condition is king, though, I was just mentioning this yesterday: you see trashed games with low coin counters, and supreme condition games with so many plays, it all depends on the environment they were in and if they were taken care of and maintained or not, and the counters are known to be pretty inaccurate for a few different reasons.

I'll go check mine in a bit.

#3 7 years ago

My Star Jet has two counters in it.
One to keep track of replays ( free plays) currently at just under 27,000.
The other counter is for Total Plays and is currently at just over 67,000;
And from that I would surmise that the Total Plays counter
has been turned over at least once if not twice,
due to the replays being at about 27,000.
Either that or some player was awfully good or the replay score was set too low.

#5 7 years ago

Mine says 15,204. I might have forgotten the last three digits already walking back to the computer but I'm pretty sure that's what it said. Definitely rolled, though.

#6 7 years ago

Thanks for the link to the other thread, searched but didn't find such a thread before posting.

Don't think mine has rolled but maybe. It has been in my basement for the last 40 yrs so most of the 34,000 games would have been put on in the first 14 yrs of commercial use.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

One to keep track of replays ( free plays) currently at just under 27,000.
The other counter is for Total Plays and is currently at just over 67,000;
And from that I would surmise that the Total Plays counter
has been turned over at least once if not twice,
due to the replays being at about 27,000.

How many of you guys have encountered EM pins with two counters,
I obviously have but not often,
and I believe that operator's goal was to set up a game to award a replay
(by score or special) about 1 game per 10 plays.

So 27K replays for about 267,000 total plays sounds about right??

#8 7 years ago
#9 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

How many of you guys have encountered EM pins with two counters,
I obviously have but not often,
and I believe that operator's goal was to set up a game to award a replay
(by score or special) about 1 game per 10 plays.
So 27K replays for about 267,000 total plays sounds about right??

I had a Texan with 3 in it. I'm not even sure what all they kept track of. It was kind of a Frankenstein game though with a sample serial number. It had 2 lighted jeweled inserts added to the apron as well. Hard to know if the 3 counters were because of it being a sample or some later modification.

#10 7 years ago

Just like with cars these odometers can be rolled back. Buyers beware!

1 week later
#11 7 years ago

My Williams Jubilee sits on 48.837 plays now, but previous owners have written the older playcounts on the backside of the manual, but it ends in 1985, so i guess it was sold to the "private market" then.

19790301 = 9335
19801020 = 10998
19850605 = 25689
20160624 = 48830

#12 7 years ago

My Spin A Card has 63K games on it.The play field says less.I swear the original rubber was on it when received.A broken Pop bumper, no actual repairs I could see.I think it set,well loved in a home for 40 years,and ever so often somebody tried to play it.That is what the PO told me,and the machine condition backs it up.

#13 7 years ago

Recent local acquisition, 1976 Gottlieb Surf Champ. Story goes 2 years on route, then in 1978 The grandfather bought the game for his niece that stayed in the family until May 25th 2016 when I bought it. Looks like the Operator forgot to to pull his extra meter at the time of sale in 1978. I decide to keep the "Totalizer" intact and hooked up as it works and it is a nice part of the history of the machine in which I never saw one of these before. Wear on the Playfield confirms the total of games played in my mind which the picture shows the original number of games when I purchased it.

DSC09339_(resized).JPGDSC09339_(resized).JPG

DSC09341_(resized).JPGDSC09341_(resized).JPG

DSC09342_(resized).JPGDSC09342_(resized).JPG

DSC09400_(resized).JPGDSC09400_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-games-on-a-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.