(Topic ID: 337983)

How many plays do your games see in a year?

By TheNecromancer

10 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Kkoss24
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 months ago

I checked the audits on my Jurassic Park and my Pirates after having them a year and was surprised to see both games saw over a 1000 plays. I have a third machine but lost track of the numbers when I had to pull the board out for a repair.

JP = 1168
    POTC = 1104

Curious how many plays do you folks see in a year?

#2 10 months ago

Lots. I hope.

LTG : )

#3 10 months ago

This needs a poll

#4 10 months ago

I never look. Of course, I have several EMs, so that would be very hard to track. I also currently have 22 games and go to arcades fairly frequently...so I would guess far less than 1000.

I also tend to go in waves where I favor 1 or 2 over the rest for a period of time.

#5 10 months ago

About 10-20 on each of my games a year.

#6 10 months ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

About 10-20 on each of my games a year.

Wow that is not many. One weekend at my house.

#8 10 months ago

3-15

#9 10 months ago

Most, maybe 30 or 40. My favorite game must get about 1,000 though, I play it every goddamn day.

#10 10 months ago

Depends!
    Projects get no plays, but some games get the hell played out of them!

Sometimes I pass a game and don’t even realize I haven’t played it in ages, then when playing, realize it feels unfamiliar and I’ve lost my edge!

#11 10 months ago

100 or less on each

#12 10 months ago

All my machines together I’d say about 3000-4000. But it can really depend, I can have 5 games of JP in the time I can have 1 on GZ! If I have casuals over I’ll set them to 5 balls but their games are still shorter than one of my average games. Some people will share their collections with friends or for competitions a lot, or have kids who play 10 games in 30 minutes.

Just like condition is king instead of number of plays as everyone’s length of play on 1 game is different, I think amount of time you play is maybe more interesting than number of games.

#13 10 months ago

1650 in the last calendar year across my 7 pins. Of course, the newest ones in my collection get the most attention.

I have a folder on my desktop with pinball info containing a separate folder for each pin with manuals, service bulletins, screenshots of mods and armor color I like, copies of software, and a note file for each pin where I record:
    -list of dates and current number of plays recorded several times a year.
    -list of the settings I use on that pin. (in case things get reset I can recover quickly)
    -mods installed
    -repairs made
    -battery replaced date
    -details about its purchase (date/price/seller)

When one of my pins is having issues, it always gets a bunch of plays since I may put on a 100 plays tuning a mech, or tracking down an issue and then testing the repair.

#14 10 months ago

I take mine to a show every year so they get a total of about 750 plays per year, which includes the show play count.

#15 10 months ago

I play everyday and depends on the pin, Godzilla or Rush might only be 2 games because they play so long but I could play 100 games of stars in that time lol. So play count is a tough one. Most of my games seem to slow in count when I get to around 2K and the newest one gets more play. But I would say total games played average 10 across all games per day.

#16 10 months ago

As a retailer ive seen it all. Sold a corvette pin nib back in the day. In 3 years 50 or so plays.

Another purchased a Stern Star Trek. Since new he has over 25000 plays. He plays every day

#17 10 months ago

My GZ Premium purchased in mid March of this year probably has around 800 right now. But it was my first pin since selling off my collection in 2019. My JP that arrived roughly two weeks ago probably has around 250 on it already.

#18 10 months ago

I have games I haven't played all year and others I play every day. More than half of my collection is out on location, so they're getting played regularly. The two newer Sterns with a lifetime play counter Deadpool has 24k and Iron Maiden has 23k. Both of those are location plays.

#19 10 months ago

I probably play 5 games a day most days. A few in the morning and a few in the evening. My play time on specific machines has gone down as my collection has widened and I've thrown in some mini arcades / retro consoles, but overall 5 games a day. When I had one machine it was getting 1500 games per year but spread across 6 thats what... 250 per machine per year? Kind of hard to count games played on the P3 modules when you switch them out.

#20 10 months ago

Now that's Funny as hell !!!!

#21 10 months ago

I usually put 300-500 games on any new game within the first few months. If I'm really into it, it will be over 1000 within a year. I often find myself cooling off on the best games after 2000+ plays. Some of the games that I have had for over a decade rarely get played, but I am always happy to go back to them.

#22 10 months ago

About 3000 spread over 3-6 pins. Usually my current favorite gets about 1000/yr, but they rarely last a full year with me. After about 300-600 plays I start to get the itch to trade it out.

#23 10 months ago

Depends upon what’s going on in life, but usually 50-200?!

#24 10 months ago

#25 10 months ago

Wait, wait, wait!
    We are supposed to play these things?
    Not just restore, mod out and look at them?

#26 10 months ago

i don't know about individual plays, I tend to think of hours played as opposed to games played. The new kid on the block (GZ, August 2022) gets played more than the others, but it hasn't been touched in 3 weeks either.

I have a party once or twice a year, host a pinball league night every other year, but aside from those anomalies I'd be surprised if my games get more than 12 to 18 hours a year. I know I dont play BSD, SW, ToM, IJ, MB, Tri Zone, TSPP, KISS, Old Chicago, Alladin's Castle, hell, half my games don't get played an hour a month, not even in the winter.

#27 10 months ago

You guys are CRAZY! Don’t you know the goal of this hobby is to buy the most expensive games possible and never touch them? I mean, duh! The only time I touch a pin, is after someone else touches it, then I have to buff out the fingerprints!

#28 10 months ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

You guys are CRAZY! Don’t you know the goal of this hobby is to buy the most expensive games possible and never touch them? I mean, duh! The only time I touch a pin, is after someone else touches it, then I have to buff out the fingerprints!

lol. Some people, yes. I was shocked when I bought a 2 year old game from someone and it has 23 plays on it.

My games get 5-40 plays per evening at the co-op when we're open. That's 10-80 per week so I guess that's up to 4,000 per year.

But that's rarely the case since I swap games out pretty frequently. FFLE is at my home, I wonder how many plays that has. Over 100 for sure.

#29 10 months ago

Well, I need to add more games to my collection. Seems to be the only solution to these high numbers on the two machines.

#30 10 months ago

The only pin I know exactly is my Toy Story owned about 11 months. Close to 900 play’s.
    After that I have 8 other pins and Iron Man Ve is about 5,000 plays bought new. Number of plays is deceiving since game times are short .

Toss in code changes can wipe out number of plays like Wonka’s big code change awhile ago.
    I admit I have more games than I need, but not looking to sell anything. Cheers

#31 10 months ago

I do audits around Jan 1 every year and non show plays are consistently 2500-3000 per year on all my games combined. So when it was 10 it was 250-300 each now with 14 it’s less. The classic SS games are always higher than the rest as they play shorter. I rarely play GZ more than once but can play stars 10 times in that period

#32 10 months ago

I don’t play as much as I once did. Don’t even think the games have been turned on in the last 4 months or so. I should probably sell them off to be honest. But idk, that’s when I’ll probably want them back haha

#33 10 months ago

1000 - 1500 easy

#34 10 months ago

All my games are at our location, none at home. They get played alot two days per month (tourneys) and a few plays most weekends the rest of the time. Still breaks all the time though!

#35 10 months ago

figure I average 10 plays a day so 3650 per year

#36 10 months ago
    Quoted from SNES:

I don’t play as much as I once did. Don’t even think the games have been turned on in the last 4 months or so. I should probably sell them off to be honest. But idk, that’s when I’ll probably want them back haha

I'm in the same frame of mind. Yeah it's really cool looking to have a roomful of games, but......

I did the math once, I could conservatively sell my collection and spend $50 every week at a barcade for roughly 7 years w the cash.

#37 10 months ago
    Quoted from SNES:

I should probably sell them off to be honest.

Shame on everyone who checked to see what SNES has in their collection!

(It would be fun to get a Jack*Bot.)

#38 10 months ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Shame on everyone who checked to see what SNES has in their collection!
    (It would be fun to get a Jack*Bot.)

lol

#39 10 months ago

Not very many. If I had to guess about 100 between all of them.

John

#40 10 months ago

Roughly 1000 plays per pin! For my one arcade game (Area 51), not sure yet since I just purchased it!

#41 10 months ago

This is a fun thread! I write down my audits every January 1st for maintenance records once the kids are up I'll go check what they got so far this year for close to a 6 month sample size.

#42 10 months ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

This is a fun thread! I write down my audits every January 1st for maintenance records once the kids are up I'll go check what they got so far this year for close to a 6 month sample size.

CCr 660-134=526
    GBprem 1396-1162=234
    EHOH 828-688=140
    DPLE 886-753=134
    JPprem 520-392=128
    GDZprem 89-37=52
    1214 total plays since 1/1/23

2 weeks later
    #43 10 months ago

My games saw a shit ton of play today! My pinball friend and I, we bet $5 a game. It’s $10 if you set a high score and $15 if you set a Grand Champion. Fun stuff

#44 10 months ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

My games saw a shit ton of play today! My pinball friend and I, we bet $5 a game. It’s $10 if you set a high score and $15 if you set a Grand Champion. Fun stuff

I like that!

#45 10 months ago

4 pins I’m guessing about 500 each per year .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-games-do-you-play-in-a-year and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.