(Topic ID: 58792)

how many games a day do you play in average?

By lladnip

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Redhop
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“average games per day”

• none to 5- i just look at them and talk about them rarely do i play a game 46 votes
      44%
    • 6-15 - i get some quality play time in 47 votes
      45%
    • 16- 50 - a busy day & time well spent 10 votes
      10%
    • 51+ its pretty much all i do is play- sometimes i will eat but preferably finger food while i play 1 vote
      1%

(104 votes)

#1 10 years ago

pinball can be a demanding hobbie, searching the ends of the earth looking for the next machine- reasearching the IPD, chatting on pinside, fine tuning your machines- do you have any time left in a day for a game?

i wondered this so pose the question, on ave how many games can you find time for.

#2 10 years ago

I work 9-5 mon - friday, but living in a 1 bedroom apt with maybe 800 sq ft with my Gf, having no other place other than my living room to put my pins at, they cannot be missed, and no matter what your doing, eating dinner, watching television, having company over, they are always staring at you, Screaming for attention. So that being said, my girl and I play all the time, generally about 30 games a night between all 3 that we own.

#3 10 years ago

I don't play every day, but I try to get out to the garage for at least 30 minutes a night when I can. I play more when a new game is in there.

#4 10 years ago

I probably play 6 to 10 games on an average day. AC/DC ball time is so short that take no more than 20 minutes usually. Same with BSD...STTNG when I want to savor a beer and play longer games...

#5 10 years ago

Hard to play a quantity of games when work and other activities get in the way. I have played over 1200 different titled machines and hope to raise that a little bit next year. Now if this poll was how many games you play on average during a week I'd have to raise my vote to the 16-50 area.

#6 10 years ago

Not nearly enough. Although I played for about 4 hours straight last Wednesday night. So I guess that's something.

#7 10 years ago

I might only play 1 or 2 games during the week with so many other things going on, but then may play 10-20 games each day over the weekend. That averages me out to about 5 a day I guess. Just got my METLE set up, so that's raising the average!

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Just got my METLE set up, so that's raising the average!

Nice! Fun game that should only get better as the code matures.

#9 10 years ago

Changes, right now it is summer, very little play on pinball. When winter gets here, we are playing a lot by October/November time.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Nice! Fun game that should only get better as the code matures.

It's a blast now and I'm running 1.13 out of the box!! Can't wait to update to 1.2...

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

It's a blast now and I'm running 1.13 out of the box!! Can't wait to update to 1.2...

What are you waiting for? Get in there!

http://sternpinball.com/USB_MTLA.html

#12 10 years ago

2 errands to run and then I'm in!!

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I work 9-5 mon - friday, but living in a 1 bedroom apt with maybe 800 sq ft with my Gf, having no other place other than my living room to put my pins at, they cannot be missed, and no matter what your doing, eating dinner, watching television, having company over, they are always staring at you, Screaming for attention. So that being said, my girl and I play all the time, generally about 30 games a night between all 3 that we own.

there might be something to that- i notice games that are in a line of sight just lure for a quick game or two- at least me they do, i kinda of have them here and there in severial rooms and notice i play whats close.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Changes, right now it is summer, very little play on pinball. When winter gets here, we are playing a lot by October/November time.

interesting seasonal- i do a lot more of pinball restoration work in the colder months for sure- not sure about game?

Quoted from Nexyss:I don't play every day, but I try to get out to the garage for at least 30 minutes a night when I can. I play more when a new game is in there.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

I don't play every day, but I try to get out to the garage for at least 30 minutes a night when I can. I play more when a new game is in there.

ya i think a new machine pumps up the play time for sure!

#16 10 years ago

All my games are on the ground floor level..

I see them constantly, they are always in sight, but I get home and i'm tired, or I don't get home till really late ETC. and they just don't get played every day..

However, when I do play its a marathon, especially when my bud comes over, we cant stop.

competition is a great thing...

I love every pin I have and dlove playing them, just wish I had more time sometimes...

In the winter I play ALOT, being its my slower season...

that's when they all break too... LOL

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from lladnip:

interesting seasonal- i do a lot more of pinball restoration work in the colder months for sure- not sure about game?

We will have snow before Halloween and it will be here until May. I have outdoor activities for the winter but they are not like the summer.

#18 10 years ago

I would play a lot more....but having two little boys in the house that go to bed at 8pm....really cuts down my playing time , but I wouldn't trade those two for the world

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

We will have snow before Halloween and it will be here until May. I have outdoor activities for the winter but they are not like the summer.

ya seen your local- looks like you get some long nights up there- good for some winter play playtime.
    winter is awsome i love to snowboard, but i hurt befor long and pinball in the afternoons is a great way to mend.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from hollywood:

I would play a lot more....but having two little boys in the house that go to bed at 8pm....really cuts down my playing time , but I wouldn't trade those two for the world

ya bummer- i tend to rise in darkness and would like to get in some time befor light, but my wife likes pinball but likes to sleep more......

#21 10 years ago

2800 games on Dr. Who, 500 on IJ. Owning a pin since spring 2011.
    That's about 4 games per day.

#22 10 years ago

I made a New Year's Resolution to play everyday, and thus far I have not missed a day (that is a little over 7 months). True there have been a couple where I have only play a few games (two days I only played 1 game!) but for the most part I play a lot. I am trying to improve my skills and I just love playing! I even managed to play on the days that I was flying to and from Pinburgh. This coming October we are taking a vacation and have been scoping out places to play so that we don't miss any days. So far it is looking good.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-games-a-day-do-you-play-in-average and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.