(Topic ID: 142194)

how many full throttles are actually in owners hands?

By rcbrown316

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rcbrown316
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

like what i see from this company. trying to get some more in-depth feedback from the community. I am dying to order an alien but I dont want to regret it as I've never bought a nib or preorder so I have no experience with everything involved with that.

#2 4 years ago

It looks like Heighway is accepting deposits right on their website.

For Stern games, it looks like most folks shop around to local distributors for the best price. I think there's one in Syracuse, but that might be about it for NY. I'm not sure if certain distributors ship or deliver, so distance might be a factor.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It looks like Heighway is accepting deposits right on their website.
For Stern games, it looks like most folks shop around to local distributors for the best price. I think there's one in Syracuse, but that might be about it for NY. I'm not sure if certain distributors ship or deliver, so distance might be a factor.

thanks force. there's a local dude here in rochester that claims to be a stern disty. not sure i believe him. i am only looking for heighway nib and mostly looking for a bit more feedback on the actual game than I can find here. i saw frolics write up which was quite good but pulling the trigger on a 7k pin that doesnt exist yet requires more confidence on my end.

#4 4 years ago

I would say "wait and see". no need to pre-order. For your first game, of all things, buy something you can play today.

#5 4 years ago

Based upon my brief play of full throttle at expo, Heighway looks to be doing it right. I agree that wait and see is safest answer. However, I do believe that they are up and running with no major issues so when the game does come out there should be no trouble in getting one.

#6 4 years ago

Cointaker is the US distributor.

#7 4 years ago

it would be my first nib but not my first pin. i am not interested in sterns or mmr. woz would be posssible but you can find those used and very nice. thanks for the response though frolic. there seems to be a ton of action on the alien thread so I was wondering how fast they would be snatched up. loved your write up btw

#8 4 years ago

The game is out . It was a hit at expo. I play mine every day.

#9 4 years ago

I want a FT machine, but am asked to send either 1/2 payment and wait until it's built or send full payment (with an appreciable discount) and wait until it's built. I told them I'd just soon wait until it arrives for sale at a US distributor so I could pay and have the game in a few days. They responded and said they have no immediate plans to stock them in the US. I'm so done with prepay and wait forever. . .

#10 4 years ago

Talk to Andrew then. I think soon it will be like Stern . Short time between order and delivery.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

I want a FT machine, but am asked to send either 1/2 payment and wait until it's built or send full payment (with an appreciable discount) and wait until it's built. I told them I'd just soon wait until it arrives for sale at a US distributor so I could pay and have the game in a few days. They responded and said they have no immediate plans to stock them in the US. I'm so done with prepay and wait forever. . .

whats the value of the disty if they arent going to stock? all i know is I dont wanna pay 2x freight

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

The game is out . It was a hit at expo. I play mine every day.

ok so there's 2. you and frolic. anyone else got one of these bad boys?

#13 4 years ago

dude pull the trigger, get one. I played it at expo. Super lightning fast

#14 4 years ago

i like super f-ing fast and I saw the video that backed up your statement. I'm looking for alien but... if I knew the total cost and got ft now I could order the alien kit when it becomes available (as i understand it)

#15 4 years ago

Quoted from Hwawonyu:The game is out . It was a hit at expo. I play mine every day.

I would love to come and check it out if u ever throw an invite.

#16 4 years ago

Heighway has stated again and again, the point of having a domestic distributor is so no one will have to pay international freight (in the US).....just shipping from the distro location. Whether that means Cointaker will actually be stocking additional machines or simply managing existing orders is above my pay grade. Reach out to cointaker and I bet they can answer all your questions.

#17 4 years ago

Friend of mine bought one but I'm not sure when the delivery date is though. I'm looking forward to getting to play one.

#18 4 years ago

Heighway said for direct sales, freight will be FCA/FOB Chicago or New York City. If Coin Taker stocks the machines, they will be a shipping point in between.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

all i know is I dont wanna pay 2x freight

They ship them to Chicago and then you pay freight from Chicago to you only. They sound as if they are making them in "batches" of 60 or so. From what I've been told the current shipment is sold or near sold and should be here within "weeks". The CoinTaker thing sounds very new and I know zero about how it'll work. Maybe eventually they'll stock their US distributor once they are really flying with production. When I ordered it was all through Heighway....no word of a distributor.

#20 4 years ago

Full Throttle is available to buy in Australia now from the distributor. $10500 AUD.
I am seriously considering it as my next purchase and then add the Alien PF swap kit when they are available.

#21 4 years ago

The Coin Taker Distribution agreement was announced last week at Expo.

#22 4 years ago

Why would they ever ship them to Chicago when one of the largest ports in the country is in NJ right down the street from coin taker?? I wonder if that will change?

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I wonder if that will change

you would think so...Chicago is nice and central though if they are shipping direct

#24 4 years ago

I've got one on location in Pittsburgh. Great table. Fastest wide body ever.

#25 4 years ago

I don't know the details of the deals, but I do know the talk with Cointaker was about a container. So buying from them is going to be about local shipping.

Why don't you just call or email Cointaker? Let them do their job and take care of you.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know the details of the deals, but I do know the talk with Cointaker was about a container. So buying from them is going to be about local shipping.
Why don't you just call or email Cointaker? Let them do their job and take care of you.

i will. andrew sent me an email saying they were just signed up so i wasnt sure if things were flowing yet. i was also looking for feedback on the game itself from people who have played a decent amount of games on them.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I've got one on location in Pittsburgh. Great table. Fastest wide body ever.

awesome. thanks man!

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

awesome. thanks man!

If there are any questions let me know. Pm sent

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i will. andrew sent me an email saying they were just signed up so i wasnt sure if things were flowing yet. i was also looking for feedback on the game itself from people who have played a decent amount of games on them.

I'm not an unbiased source, but if I didn't like the way it played I'd just stay silent on the matter.

So I'll tell you that I really loved how it shot when I played at Expo. Anyone who's played it, do you get as addicted to that little horseshoe ramp off the left flipper? I love that shot man, it just feels great. The game doesn't shoot like anything else, it's a flowing wide body that's fast and smooth.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The game doesn't shoot like anything else, it's a flowing wide body that's fast and smooth.

that sounds delicious lol. exactly what i am looking for and alien is my favorite sci-fi movie of all time. the look, the sound, the suspense and overall feel of that movie is simply awesome

#31 4 years ago

I was totally unfamiliar with Heighway and Full Throttle before I played it at Expo. It was the most dialed in and immersive pin I have played, and I don't even like the theme. Smoother than anything I had experienced. I was a full featured machine with all the bells and whistles. A truly unique experience. After talking with the crew and Andrew for a while, I was informed that Cointaker had become their U.S. distributor just an hour before, I went over to the Cointaker booth and became their first Heighway order (Alien). Cant wait till I get my new pin and see what they have in store for future titles. PS Love the Hat too.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

I was totally unfamiliar with Heighway and Full Throttle before I played it at Expo. It was the most dialed in and immersive pin I have played, and I don't even like the theme. Smoother than anything I had experienced. I was a full featured machine with all the bells and whistles. A truly unique experience. After talking with the crew and Andrew for a while, I was informed that Cointaker had become their U.S. distributor just an hour before, I went over to the Cointaker booth and became their first Heighway order (Alien). Cant wait till I get my new pin and see what they have in store for future titles. PS Love the Hat too.

sweeeeet. i'm gonna get ahold of them today

#33 4 years ago

i just sent an email to cointaker. heighway is not up on their site yet. i will post my results here

#34 4 years ago

Melissa got back to me. they are waiting for current pricing from Heighway. i asked for a complete full throttle and the alien conversion kit. I will post again when she gets back to me with the quote.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Melissa got back to me. they are waiting for current pricing from Heighway. i asked for a complete Full Throttle and the alien conversion kit. I will post again when she gets back to me with the quote.

Not sure you if you will get a definite price for the Alien conversion kit
at this stage . Don't think they have the final BoM yet

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Not sure you if you will get a definite price for the Alien conversion kit
at this stage . Don't think they have the final BoM yet

agreed pretty sure i wont. I will just ask her to give me the price on the FT conversion kit if that exists. Hopefully they will be in the same ballpark and around 3500.00

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Great American Pinball
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
€ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Creo Pinball
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 30.40
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.95
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 12.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside