• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by KenH
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

hello,
I am getting ready to replace the spinning disk motor on black hole and I want to put led flashers to get me the most clearance. I'm hoping to place an order today or tomorrow.
Are all the bulbs behind the disk supposed to be flashers?
Thanks
Fortytwo

#2 8 years ago

I took it apart and it has more gabby expected. Yes they all seem to be flashers. And her are 11 of them.
Fortytwo

#3 8 years ago

They use #455, 6V blinker bulbs. I call them blinkers, so not to confuse them with larger, higher volt flasher bulbs used in newer pinball machines.

#455 blinkers:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=30

Most of the LED companies sell #455 LED blinkers too. I like the LED blinkers because they don't generate any heat to warp the black hole wheel, and they take about 1/2" less room under the wheel than the bulbs do, but I don't like the LEDs because they all seem to blink at the same time, and in recognizable patterns. I wish someone would come up with a more random blinking #455 LED blinker.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-flashers-behind-spinning-disk-on-black-hole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.