Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by leckmeck
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC02995.JPG
    DSC02996.JPG
    DSC03387.JPG
    Beer cap wisdom.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I am picking up a 62 major league Baseball game as well as a EM Gottlieb pinball. The base ball game is 65 1/2' long and a little deeper than a regular pin. the head is 19" deep not like a regular pin head of 9". Is it possible to get another regular pin in the back of the bed.

I plan to pick rent a caravan from Avis but am unsure of the interior dimensions. Dimensions I found on the web are cryptic mostly volume related and I sense I am missing something.seems like you could.

Steve J

#3 9 years ago

I guess your pic's did not attach. Love to see them the pic's if you mean't to attach some with your description should confirm what I can do. Nice idea with the plywood. :
    Steve J.

#13 9 years ago

It will be a 1400 mile trip with me and my wife so i want to be somewhat comfortable and see out of the rear mirror a bit and not be bouncing on the rear axle. Sounds like 3 is possible using the plywood on top of a machine so can put the heads on top and Dirt flipper coming round and selling the 3rd game to me, not likely though at the moment but i want the room if....

My issue and why I am asking is the baseball games dimensions and my last trip a month ago was nearly a horror due to lack of planning and bad luck.

I rented a Ford Expedition and had a flat on the I-10 in Louisiana. We had to get access to the jack compartment so had about 1/4" spare room it seems, it was close. I thought one of them 18 wheeler's would side swipe me and the missus if had to get the game out of the back to fix it. That's not how I wanted to be remembered on Pinside with the remark "What a plonker, he should have rented a dodge caravan what was he thinking about!".

The base ball game head is 19 " high on top of the cabinet depth of 20 1/2" + ply 1/2" thick would be the worst combination so need 40" height clearance for at least 36" length to fit that machine. The length of cabinet is also 65 1/2" and 25" wide (for reference-Gottlieb wedge head is 51 1/4" long and 22 1/2" wide).

With another pin Gottlieb C37 cross ways and 22 1/2" wide is 88" total length. At the back with the ball game and a regular pin parallel we have then 25' + 22 1/2" need 47 1/2" total wide minimum with them theoretically touching. I think this is OK as we have about 96" between front side back and closed back door i believe. If height and width works 3-4 machines is doable per Craig and Mike experience. The baseball game is the big worry though.

Atomicboy,

I can't get seven in though because of the baseball game dimensions, so no picture with seven games stuffed in coming this time sorry!

Steve J.

Post edited by SteveinTexas: Can't spell Expedition

#14 9 years ago

Hey Pin it I have a P/U and have rented a U haul before, it is the way to do it, but my ass was numb after a 1000 miles.

Why not ship it? I can't wait, worry and I would never meet you fine guys!

Steve J.

#20 9 years ago

Yup, definitely no question now its 4!

Question answered and proved.

3 weeks later
    #21 9 years ago

All,

Just home from our (wife and I) 1,400 mile trip from Minneapolis, MN to Sugar Land, South Texas. What a beautiful week end. Experienced the trees autumn colors change in reverse. Lovely clear, crisp fresh air with a low temp of 23 F between Minneapolis, MN and Cedar Falls, Iowa. It was 37 F in St Louis Mo Saturday afternoon, and finally 75 F in Houston Texas this afternoon.

Met Rod aka "DirtFlipper", Jason aka "Leckmeck" and Dennis Dodel and picked up a game from each. Meeting these guys was the highlight of the trip. They have great collections and are super to meet in person. - PRICELESS!

Oh and what the post is about. I got three games (one a baseball game) easily in the hired Dodge Caravan.

Regards Steve J.

DSC02996.JPGDSC02996.JPG DSC02995.JPGDSC02995.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-em-pins-can-a-dodge-caravan-carry?tu=SteveinTexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.