(Topic ID: 101734)

How many days until the STLE's go on sale????

By thedarkknight77

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-288.jpg
Proximity.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 5 years ago

A lot of people sell their games after a year, regardless of a code update. Most of the time, if they played the crap out of their games, only the most epic of updates will be enough to keep them from selling. That's just the hobby we 're in.

The only thing keeping stle owners that still want to sell right now from selling is how low the price has sunk. And that can only last so long. It's probably sunk a lot lower than $6,800 I assure.

Even people who love the game will probably want to sell it after 18-24 months. I love AVLE to death, and played it to death, and so am now willing to part with it. But not for $4,500. I've found that now that I leave the game alone for extended stretches I can return to it and get the magic back, so it's still working for me. When it stops working that way maybe I will sell out for cheap....I'm sure STLE owners feel the same, especially after paying 10% more for their nib than I paid for AVLE.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I have played the game a number of times and think it is a good all around game. The only thing I didn't like was I thought the game code was "work" as many had mentioned. It appears with the new code, they have not completely solved this and the Urban voice package appears to be a bust. My feeling is, Stern cannot continue to increase prices unless they are going to provide a superior experience. I will own it, but probably will not pay the premium for an LE, I will wait until the premiums fall to $5600-$5700.
Oh and by the way, last time I counted there are now 4 for sale..............................

Premiums for $5,600? That's going to be the LE price.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Could be worse. Could be like Avengers where you can't give them away

Well, considering the game isn't as good as Avengers it just might get worse. Do you really find a 25% depreciation on an $8k game that hard to believe? Bubble Boy?

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wrong on sooooooo many levels. The game is mad crazy FUN! Tons of points strategies and depth strategies. Risk/reward elements exist. It's tough to get to the 2nd and 3rd wizard modes but those shouldn't be a gimmie and I now find myself enjoying to press start again to see how ill do on the next galactic even. I mean when you have galactic ramps at 1-2 mil per ramp, or galactic warps at 2mil+ or hit galactic vengeance for 12mil! It's bad ass and a great feeling. What's great about it is not every game is the same. It depends on how you tackle the mission grid in relation to how you set up your warp ramp double scoring and/or stacking with mbs.
And 90% of Karl's call outs are fantastic, hardly a bust. Your just over reading into that 10% which is being voiced in hopes Steve Ritchie's team is listening and resolves.

Dude, how many months did ACDC last after you proclaimed it wrested your "all time top spot" away from LOTR? We get it. You like the game. It's good...but its probably already on the way out.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you're tired of a game then sell it. Worrying about what other people think about their own games is pointless.
I have zero interest in ever owning an Avengers, and I thought the movie was great. Don't think it's a horrible game, but eh, too many issues and flaws and things that just don't appeal to me. If you love it then great, enjoy. I have no interest in trying to convince you that you shouldn't like it, and just about the same interest in hearing why I should change my mind. I'll play some more games on it next time I see it, that's all that counts for me.
If you don't like Star Trek then hey, that's fine too, I couldn't care less. Unless you're someone I call to ask for advice before I spend my money then your opinion on a game just doesn't mean a whole lot. Pinside ratings mean squat to me. I should probably rate more games just to contribute, but I honestly have trouble working myself up to care. It's a pointless contest.
So to get up into someone's face over selling a game? Or whether they like something enough? Who cares? Get over yourself.

Geez, lighten up dude.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think he was trying to point out what he perceived to be hypocrisy by someone who declared a pin at "their all time number 1 spot" only to later remove it from that spot and then sell the game.
The problem of course is that our opinions can all change over time. Not to mention that there can be a lot of reasons to sell a pin, even if it's one that you consider one of your favorites.
I'm doing a shakeup of my lineup, and will be selling two pins that I consider to be favorites. I expect to get similar accusations of hypocrisy and "if it was so great why did you sell yours" posts, but I know how I feel about the games regardless of what someone else tries to tell me.

You nailed it. I don't think Eskaybee is a hypocrite AT ALL, but I do think he gets highly excited over games he likes, plays them to death, voices his opinions enthusiastically (nothing wrong with that!) and then cuts the cord. And the cord seems to be getting shorter and shorter with every game!

I seem to share Eskaybees taste in games. Yours too, actually, which is why I find it interesting that you and Eskaybee differ so much on ST. You guys go in sync for awhile (ACDC, LOTR) and out of sync (ST, XMEN). I actually like all these games, but ST is not in the same class as the others. Eskaybee loved Avengers too, which means he can rise above the noise... But he hates SM, which indicates that he's clearly insane!

Now Aurich? I wouldn't waste a dime calling him for his opinion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside