(Topic ID: 101734)

How many days until the STLE's go on sale????

By thedarkknight77

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-288.jpg
Proximity.png

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Code is out and all I want to know is, how long before we see 15 STLE's for sale. There are already a number of them at $6800.

#2 5 years ago

Why do you think that will happen? The update is really good, and made a very fun game even better. If anything, I would guess some of the STLE sellers may have a change of heart and take them off the market.

#3 5 years ago

I'm sure some owners have been waiting for the new code to sell so they can make room or fund one of the many new pins out there. My guess is that they will start showing up in a week or so once the jury is in on the new code and more will show up if the TWD package looks great. I may sell my STLE eventually to make room for TWD, Hobbit or TBL. I'd like to keep all of them but am out of space. I don't think it will be unique to STLE. There will be plenty of good games on the market given all the new stuff in the pipeline.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Why do you think that will happen? The update is really good, and made a very fun game even better. If anything, I would guess some of the STLE sellers may have a change of heart and take them off the market.

Yea, my first 5 or so games I was like hmmmmmm. Then it started clicking; new rules, strategies, scoring. Time will tell but my initial 'meh' feeling is replaced with 'holy shit this is awesome!'

#5 5 years ago

I do not have a ST but was considering buying one for some time. Found a fellow pinsider that has one that allows me to get my fill of the game.

The guys that have had ST for a while are lucky, they basically get 2 new machines for the price of one!

#6 5 years ago

When you understand the rules you realize the games has changed for the better all tier one modes are now hurry ups and the le Klingon MB start IMHO is the best ever,mine is here to stay

#7 5 years ago

Agreed. With the code update the only way I would sell is if I was in financial peril. Definately a keeper! It is like getting a updated ST machine.

#8 5 years ago

keeper is what 6 months?

#9 5 years ago

Less than one apparently . One for sale in NY.

#10 5 years ago

15k by Christmas.

#11 5 years ago

so far so good with the new code. diggin the new features and loving the blackout mode @ the beginning of klingon multiball. just wish i was better at that damn warp ramp! agghh..

this stle is sticking aroung for awhile

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Code is out and all I want to know is, how long before we see 15 STLE's for sale. There are already a number of them at $6800.

Are you looking to buy 15 STLE's? Curious, why is it so important for you to see a fire sale on STLE's? Regret that you didn't get in at the start? Whatever your reason, just get one. Awesome game!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

keeper is what 6 months?

My last keeper TSPP was 4 years...so we will see.

#14 5 years ago

The new code is great but I don't think it is the magic bullet to fix the "too many LE" train, the "too expensive starting price tag", and the over saturation of the "next new game" fans that have knocked the train off the tracks. STLE will likely continue to drop in price like the majority of the Stern LEs as of recent.

We will see a few people trying to sell for more than the past few asking prices of $6800 due to the new code, but reality will set in as MMR and TWDLE are just around the corner.

#15 5 years ago

There are still NIB LE at some distributors. I couldn't justify the $3K extra for it so I just ordered a pro. I hope it's here next friday. I was almost swayed by IM, but I already own a drain monster (ACDC) and don't need another right now.

Rob

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The new code is great but I don't think it is the magic bullet to fix the "too many LE" train, the "too expensive starting price tag", and the over saturation of the "next new game" fans that have knocked the train off the tracks. STLE will likely continue to drop in price like the majority of the Stern LEs as of recent.
We will see a few people trying to sell for more than the past few asking prices of $6800, but reality will set in as MMR and TWDLE are just around the corner.

Yep, and TWDLE and MMr will see the same reductions in price.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Most likely………

Why wouldn't an "LE" be in the range of a "premium", this model is on its last legs and TWD may be the end of it

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Agreed.

It is the inevitable journey and the pendulum on the high end is definitely swinging back the other way.

What do you think STLE will come down to in the near future? 6k by xmas? 5500 by xmas?

#19 5 years ago

Most LEs have dropped and STLE will likely do the same. TFLE, AVLE, XMenLE, METLE, etc.
Tron and ACDC LEs are the only ones that seem to have increased in value.
WOZLE will also drop.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Most LEs have dropped and STLE will likely do the same. TFLE, AVLE, XMenLE, METLE, etc.
Tron and ACDC LEs are the only ones that seem to have increased in value.
WOZLE will also drop.

Tron and Ac/dc Le's have dropped too, and will keep dropping, there are thousands of premiums out there and they will drop too….

#21 5 years ago

No Tron Premiums but yes I agree the prices have dropped on them but not as drastically as the others.

#22 5 years ago

STLE currently my favorite game.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Agreed.
It is the inevitable journey and the pendulum on the high end is definitely swinging back the other way.
What do you think STLE will come down to in the near future? 6k by xmas? 5500 by xmas?

Pins like TFLE, XMLE, AVLE seem to have gone down to about $4500.00. Well, maybe XMLE hasn't gone quite that low since there was no Premium version, but close enough. I don't think STLE will ever go that low as there are enough fans of the pin to keep it higher than that, but certainly $6k is in it's not too distant future.

#24 5 years ago

My STLE is not going anywhere. It's a keeper along with my AC/DC.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

My STLE is not going anywhere. It's a keeper along with my AC/DC.

Mine too! I love the game (even before the update).

#26 5 years ago

STLE is a keeper in my collection for a long while. New software has pushed an already fun pf design into near great mix category, balance between rules, dots, sounds and flow are fantastic.

#27 5 years ago

Interesting proximity...

Proximity.png
#28 5 years ago

I thought the same thing...

#29 5 years ago

just because one or two go for sale doesn't mean crap. With TWD announced people might be selling, for that or Hobbit, or whatever.
Now if we see about 15-20 for sale all of the sudden.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

just because one or two go for sale doesn't mean crap. With TWD announced people might be selling, for that or Hobbit, or whatever.

Yeah, a few guys waiting to sell, good time right after epic code release.

I'd be shocked if collectors started selling en masse. Title is solid, plays great now, I think lots of sour grapes over high price increase when first announced, and feel Stern took away any resale value. ( which they did.)

Now when it comes time for some to move collection around, everyone takes a perceived financial hit. I can see a healthy buyers market and only when the buyers at $6800 try to sell, then it'll be interesting how the free market operates.

#31 5 years ago

I'll let you play mine Nick, you don't have to buy one

#32 5 years ago

A lot of people sell their games after a year, regardless of a code update. Most of the time, if they played the crap out of their games, only the most epic of updates will be enough to keep them from selling. That's just the hobby we 're in.

The only thing keeping stle owners that still want to sell right now from selling is how low the price has sunk. And that can only last so long. It's probably sunk a lot lower than $6,800 I assure.

Even people who love the game will probably want to sell it after 18-24 months. I love AVLE to death, and played it to death, and so am now willing to part with it. But not for $4,500. I've found that now that I leave the game alone for extended stretches I can return to it and get the magic back, so it's still working for me. When it stops working that way maybe I will sell out for cheap....I'm sure STLE owners feel the same, especially after paying 10% more for their nib than I paid for AVLE.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Are you looking to buy 15 STLE's? Curious, why is it so important for you to see a fire sale on STLE's? Regret that you didn't get in at the start? Whatever your reason, just get one. Awesome game!

I have played the game a number of times and think it is a good all around game. The only thing I didn't like was I thought the game code was "work" as many had mentioned. It appears with the new code, they have not completely solved this and the Urban voice package appears to be a bust. My feeling is, Stern cannot continue to increase prices unless they are going to provide a superior experience. I will own it, but probably will not pay the premium for an LE, I will wait until the premiums fall to $5600-$5700.

Oh and by the way, last time I counted there are now 4 for sale..............................

#34 5 years ago

Oh and by the way, last time I counted there are now 4 for sale..............................

So go buy one! Quit sitting on the sidelines waiting for the prices to bottom. Life is short, enjoy the here and now.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

So go buy one! Quit sitting on the sidelines waiting for the prices to bottom. Life is short, enjoy the here and now.

Better to get the most bang for your dollar. If he thinks the prices will continue to drop then better off just waiting it out.

There are plenty of other good games to play which have hit their bottom plateau for now >> better off playing one of those for now rather than tossing away money on something you think will continue to drop.

As we come into the fall season and lots of new games on the horizon, I have to think that all of the 'high end recently new but gently used' will continue to drop a decent chunk???

#36 5 years ago

I have played the game a number of times and think it is a good all around game. The only thing I didn't like was I thought the game code was "work" as many had mentioned. It appears with the new code, they have not completely solved this and the Urban voice package appears to be a bust. My feeling is, Stern cannot continue to increase prices unless they are going to provide a superior experience. I will own it, but probably will not pay the premium for an LE, I will wait until the premiums fall to $5600-$5700.

Premiums for $5,600? That's going to be the LE price.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Okey dokey captain doom n gloom.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Okey dokey captain doom n gloom.

Could be worse. Could be like Avengers where you can't give them away

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Well I can see where STLE can fit in a 29 pin collection!

However, I like SM better and it looks like you do too.

I wonder how many other ST owners also own SM?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I can see where STLE can fit in a 29 pin collection!
However, I like SM better and it looks like you do too.
I wonder how many other ST owners also own SM?

I don't get your point.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I just bought a HUO modded Metallica premium, will be picking it up next week.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I don't think they will get that low, although $6400 seems very possible.

#43 5 years ago

I just bought a HUO modded Metallica premium, will be picking it up next week.

Awesome!!!! I played the pro at Pinball Life, very cool machine. Enjoy.

#44 5 years ago

Just had a great game on my STLE and the update is quite good, you can't make judgment on a quick game that's for sure. Klingon Multiball which was already cool enough is even better now. With TWD and The predator on the horizon finally I can start to put together a collection to be proud of. Now all I need is a Slayer pin. Reign in Blood LE come on Stern, make it happen.

#45 5 years ago

I have played the game a number of times and think it is a good all around game. The only thing I didn't like was I thought the game code was "work" as many had mentioned. It appears with the new code, they have not completely solved this and the Urban voice package appears to be a bust. .

Wrong on sooooooo many levels. The game is mad crazy FUN! Tons of points strategies and depth strategies. Risk/reward elements exist. It's tough to get to the 2nd and 3rd wizard modes but those shouldn't be a gimmie and I now find myself enjoying to press start again to see how ill do on the next galactic even. I mean when you have galactic ramps at 1-2 mil per ramp, or galactic warps at 2mil+ or hit galactic vengeance for 12mil! It's bad ass and a great feeling. What's great about it is not every game is the same. It depends on how you tackle the mission grid in relation to how you set up your warp ramp double scoring and/or stacking with mbs.

And 90% of Karl's call outs are fantastic, hardly a bust. Your just over reading into that 10% which is being voiced in hopes Steve Ritchie's team is listening and resolves.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I don't get your point.

If you owned SM first and love it, a bigger collection would help with a similar playing ST (imo).

I don't think most people would own both as keepers in a 4 or 5 pin collection.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

15k by Christmas.

NIB?

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Could be worse. Could be like Avengers where you can't give them away

If TWD turns out to be a crapfest, then yeah. If it's like Tron, then LE buyers will be makin' it rain son!!

image-288.jpg

Yeah, it's a white dude. I know. Joke.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you owned SM first and love it, a bigger collection would help with a similar playing ST (imo).

Exactly. I moved SM out specifically to get ST.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you like fast Ritchie games, you might. The rules and presentation is different enough that they don't feel like clones even if they have a few similar elements. The Warp ramp may LOOK like the Venom ramp, but the gameplay of it is totally different. It's hard for me to compare because I had SM for 5 years or so and prob like 5000 plays on it before I sold it. I'm really enjoying STLE, but I've only had it for less than a year. While I think Spider-Man will always be the better overall game, one thing I'm really digging about STLE is the "choose your own adventure" aspect of it. When I finally started getting bored of Spidey, it's because every game started to feel very linear. ST gives you the choices to mix things up a bit more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside