Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How Many ColorDMDs Have Sold To Date?”

• < 5,000 3 votes
      9%
    • 5,000 - 10,000 10 votes
      29%
    • 10,000 - 20,000 7 votes
      21%
    • 20,000 - 30,000 5 votes
      15%
    • 30,000 - 40,000 2 votes
      6%
    • 40,000 - 50,000 2 votes
      6%
    • > 50,000 5 votes
      15%

(34 votes)

#1 3 years ago

Was curious how many ColorDMDs are out there in terms of total quantity installed in pinball machines.

I was more than double what a fellow pinhead was thinking and it would be good to get a feel for what others believe.

I did reach out to Randy at Dmod (ColorDMD pinside handle) to see if, by chance, he wanted to give a ballpark number. As expected, he respectfully declined to share.

Thanks for providing your guesstimate!

#2 3 years ago

What's the point?
    Randy makes a superb product, with great customer service... hope he sells a million of these units.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

What's the point?
    Randy makes a superb product, with great customer service... hope he sells a million of these units.

Curiosity mostly.

I agree these are awesome. About to purchase my first one!

#4 3 years ago

I just bought 4 last month. LCD This was my 1st purchase. Mustang Premium,
    Game of Thrones LE,
    The Walking Dead Pro and Metallica Pro.

#5 3 years ago

Who remembers worrying in the 00s what we'd do when all the plasma DMDs gassed out?

At this point I'd guess maybe half the plasma displays in existence are out of their games and living inside colorDMD boxes.

#6 3 years ago

I guess my thought is that if I acquire any new machines that don't have a colorDMD, for which one is available, I will be adding that.
    It really adds to the game and they should have been manufactured that way in the first place.
    Just my opinion.

#7 3 years ago

Hands down best mod in pinball history.

I've installed them on every game I've owned, and don't regret the $$ hit in the slightest.

I've also installed over 3 dozen in various games at the VFW, and every single one of them looks better than the orange dots.

While they are all great, the most dramatic are the games with video clip rips (Game Of Thrones, Transformers, Iron Man, etc...)
    The colors really allow you to recognize the video scenes well.

Later,
    EV

#8 3 years ago

Very odd question, I also don’t understand the question. It’s kind of irrelevant as either your machine has one or else you buy one and install it.

I guess one day when cdmd closes up shop we will know they are all out there I suppose.

#9 3 years ago

I believe there are 3,217 color DMDs installed in pinball machines.

#10 3 years ago

I’ve counted at least 4.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd expect that kind of an answer from a person like you
    if you opened your eyes you would realize it is 3,218 installed colorDMDs

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You’re close.....the person who correctly guesses the actual number of installed ColorDMD’s gets a free rubber gasket for stern colordmd installs!!!!!

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I'd expect that kind of an answer from a person like you
    if you opened your eyes you would realize it is 3,218 installed colorDMDs

You are that "$2001" a-hole on the price is right aren't ya!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-colordmds-out-in-the-wild?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.