Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wax-wars.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 12 years ago

If Novus 2 is a polish, would it not be stripping at least some of the previously laid down wax? If the pf had only a light waxing, I would imagine the Novus would strip a good deal of the wax requiring a new application of wax after. Variables being how much of a wax was already on the pf and how aggressive one cleans/polishes with Novus.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I guess we don't need to wax our cars either, since they have clear coats on them?

A clear coated pf can still benefit from being waxed, just like a car with a CC benefits from being waxed.

Much as one would strip, polish (and even clay), and then re-wax a car, I think any waxed surface can suffer from too much wax. A polish (Novus) would serve to strip the wax. So it would reason that if one regularly uses Novus, wax would also regularly need to be reapplied. If one simply keeps the waxed surface clean, new wax would only need to be applied occasionally and lightly. Nonetheless, eventually the waxed pf would need to be stripped and rewaxed at some point

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-coats-of-wax?tu=wizzardz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.