(Topic ID: 31754)

How many bought their first pin in 2012, And if so, how many since?

By pinaholic

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MadPole
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phetishboy:

I bought my first DMD on Dec 16 of last year, so almost. Have owned 5 since.

Just bought another one over the weekend. That's 6 in a year.

#102 6 years ago

Bought a High Speed in July... 3 more since (Checkpoint, TFTC, WH2O)!

#103 6 years ago

Picked up FG in May. LOTR in June, and Early July I grabbed a RFM. Bought a new house at the end of July and had my first NIB Tron delivered the day I moved in. Man what an awesome House warming Gift for myself.

I think I'm set for the moment but one never knows.

#104 6 years ago

Comet in April, Freddy in May, SWDE in July.

#105 6 years ago

First pin, Junkyard, late July. Looking to add one withing the next three months. Overpayed, but still loving it.

#106 6 years ago

Whirlwind in October and hopefully a minty green creech within a week. I can't wait

#107 6 years ago

Bought my first pin in may of 2012, Black Rose, and now me and my buddies have the itch. Picked up a FishTales because we always play that machine at the bar we go to and we just recently purchased a Jurassic Park, which we are still working on getting running.

Next problem is finding a place to put the next on.

#108 6 years ago

April: BoP
    October: Pinbot

Hopefully, at least one more in 2013.

#109 6 years ago

Bought a TOTAN in June 2012 and put a grand or so into it. Will probably add another before finishing the basement in the spring -- then topping out at 4-5 pins. European vacations with the wife and heliboarding each year eat into the pin fund big time.

The speed at which some of you are accumulating machines is astounding.

#110 6 years ago

April: F-14
    June: Freddy
    July: Tron
    September: Gorgar
    December (planned): JM

It never ends...

#111 6 years ago

Crud. I just bought a 1962 sweet hearts.... That brings my total to 7 in 2012(but technically two months lol).

HELP!!!

#112 6 years ago

Well I bought my first pin back in 2001 then another in 2003. Then I went on a 9 year hiatus and just got back into this year. All three that I currently own I got this year.

#113 6 years ago

I have been buying for 2.5 years and now I know why it has gotten so much harder this past year.

#114 6 years ago

Since October 2012 when I bought my first pin, Blue Chip, I have owned 17.

#115 6 years ago

Bought my first in September, didn't know I wanted one until May and thats when i started researching, found pinside, stalk CL etc. On the lookout for more but am pretty content for the time being with one.

#116 6 years ago

T2, October 2012. Next will be Stern's "Star Trek Into Darkness" by Steve Ritchie.

#117 6 years ago

Bought my first two 2 weeks ago. Paragon and Space Shuttle. Already sold the Paragon not even trying too, got an offer I couldn't turn down. Im on the look for the 3rd.

#118 6 years ago

Bought my first pin this summer (POTC) and now I have 10!

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from Steve_PBH:

Bought my first pin this summer (POTC) and now I have 10!

I have got to show this thread to my wife! For once, I am going to look financially cautious!

#120 6 years ago

I got my first pin this year... and still have just the one. It's more of a space issue than anything else, but I'll be on the lookout for DM or FT for my second maybe sometime in 2013. If I have to let my GL go then I will, but I'd rather keep them both.

#121 6 years ago

I just purchased my first machine, HS2, this past weekend. Spent $1,900 locally, for a machine with a fair cab and what seems like a decent playfield (but I'm just learning) from a local operator who I think gave me a reasonable deal and has been great to deal with (and who also delivered it to my basement for me).

I'm 43 and just started researching pins no more than two or three weeks ago...but as soon as I saw references to Pinbot, Black Knight, and F-14, machines that I so clearly remember playing when I was younger, I became immediately hooked and had to get a machine.

Am now certain that I'm in full-on mid-life crisis, and run the risk of becoming the cat-lady equivalent of pinball owners. Am already looking at trying to get an EBD, and am trying to envision how I have the conversation with my wife about justifying a WOZ...am skeptical I'm ever going to be able to truly win that battle, but I'll try.

Has been really rewarding to watch my five and seven year old get so excited to play HS2...is completely different than their normal Wii/ipad video games, and they love it. More importantly, quite frankly, is being able to play a three- or four- player game with them and have all of us really be "in to it" as a family activity. Makes me very happy.

Biggest challenge so far is the disparity of knowledge...despite having spent several hours on this forum the past couple weeks reading as much as I can, I just really have no idea how to truly gauge a machine's condition or the extent of knowledge/skill/time it will take to do basic machine fixes/restores or to effectively evaluate a new prospective pin I want to buy. Kind of overwhelming. But exciting none the less. And if anyone has an EBD in the Northeast they are looking at parting with.....

#122 6 years ago

I purchased my first this year and I'm up to four. In fact, my first two came from fellow pinsiders.

#123 6 years ago

My first was a NIB LOTR in 2005. The rest all happened this year. Someone stop me!

#124 6 years ago

I bought 1 in dec 05 .( NIB TSPP ) and the games in my collection I did off the top of my head. It
    is sick.

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

My first was a NIB LOTR in 2005. The rest all happened this year. Someone stop me!

Really?? You bought 23 machines this year?

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

Nice job dude.

QSS

#126 6 years ago

Bought my first two machines on the same day from different sellers back in May. I was hooked on pinball from playing Pinball Arcade on my phone a few months earlier, before that I'd never noticed them.

Awesome reading how many are new just this year, I definitey don't feel alone in my new obsession that's for sure!

#127 6 years ago

The guy I bought my two from said he went through 12 in November alone. I am quickly realizing this has become addicting.

#128 6 years ago

I bought my first pin this year, it was the Twilight Zone and I love it. I still only have one and plan to keep it that way until i trade it for a Lord of the Rings. I tend to have OCD with my other hobbies and it eventually kills the spark and I don't want to do that to Pinball. lol

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from Don1:

I was hooked on pinball from playing Pinball Arcade on my phone a few months earlier

I played pinball when I was a teenager, but Pinball Arcade got me back into things. Does Pinball Arcade factor in for anyone else?

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelb:

Really?? You bought 23 machines this year?
    WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!
    Nice job dude.
    QSS

A few of them are projects, but most are in pretty decent shape. I even built a rotisserie and have a TAF playfield in the middle of a tear down.

My wife also enjoys the hobby. The WOZLE is hers. So is the RBION, WCS94, IJ4, and POTC.

She thinks BSD is half hers....

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I played pinball when I was a teenager, but Pinball Arcade got me back into things. Does Pinball Arcade factor in for anyone else?

Yeah it pushed me over the edge to buy a Scared Stiff, really hard to judge a virtual table vs the real deal.

#132 6 years ago

I just added #13... 12 since August....

#133 6 years ago

October: Truck Stop & Tri Zone
    November: Spring Break
    December: Big Guns & Time Warp

Coming to a basement near me: Gladiators (once it's all repaired!)--can't wait

#134 6 years ago

Have had a MAME machine since 09 or so, live in a 950 sq ft house but finally bit the bullet and started adding pins.

October: DE Star Trek
    November: Addams Family and Freddy

December/January: Building an addition onto the house to hold the growing arcade since we currently have pins instead of a dining room.

#135 6 years ago

My first this year was BIBLE ... since then I've added Xenon, MB and MM WOZ is on order

#136 6 years ago

October - HS2
    December - Funhouse

#137 6 years ago

Just bought my Cyclone a couple of weeks ago. First for me; hopefully several more to follow.

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I wanted my own pinball for over 10 years, but only now have a house and some spare cash to indulge. I'm not sure why so many of us got in at the same time, but there you go.

You're not sure why...
    Couldn't be because you were bragging about your new pinball machine, emailed me pics, and HAD to have me over play at your house, eh Frolic!
    I blame you/have you to thank.

#139 6 years ago

Bec there is no hockey I had to try something else.

#140 6 years ago

Finally bought my first pin, TF in March of this year. Hopefully the first of many, many more.

#141 6 years ago

Bought my first pin, Eight Ball Deluxe, in May after going to the Retro Arcade Expo back in March. I've added on since then:
    - Chicago Cubs Triple Play
    - Bobby Orr Power Play
    - Creature from the Black Lagoon
    - F-14 Tomcat

Still have room. Still looking for more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 129.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 115.00
    Boards
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside