(Topic ID: 31754)

How many bought their first pin in 2012, And if so, how many since?

By pinaholic

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by MadPole
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

Just interested in how much new blood is out there.
    Allen

#2 11 years ago

First pin. 2012. BBH!

#3 11 years ago

I bought my first pin, a BK2K in October 2012. Have always wanted my own pin. Now I have the bug. I am constantly looking at and researching pins and looking for pins local that might be good to have that may need a little work. This won't be my last pin.

#4 11 years ago

All of my pins were bought this year. Apparently, I have to buy in pairs. I bought Satin Doll and Alien Poker together first. Next purchase was The Addams Family and Pinbot. I wish I had gotten better prices, but you live and learn.

#5 11 years ago

I bought my first pin Scared stiff last spring 2012 and now have an WOZ , HobbitLE and Hulk LE all on order. Think im done till they come out with a zombie (PLEASE Walking dead) pin.

#6 11 years ago

No one gets in cheap. No sellers tell you about Pnside, RGP, or other info sources. You gotta pay to play.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinaholic:

No one gets in cheap. No sellers tell you about Pnside, RGP, or other info sources. You gotta pay to play.

Plenty of people out there who bend you over when you are new to the hobby, too.

#8 11 years ago

I bought my first DMD on Dec 16 of last year, so almost. Have owned 5 since.

#9 11 years ago

Got Klondike as a gift Christmas 2011 and BOUGHT my first pin firepower in September 2012. None since but not for a lack of trying.

#10 11 years ago

Bought our first 2 this month. Looking for number 3.

#11 11 years ago

Bought my first, a TAF last month. Loving it!

#12 11 years ago

Got my first machine december of 2011, you can see where I am now.

#13 11 years ago

First pin in February 2012. Have gotten 3 others since. Would have been more than that had I not had a condo that refused to sale making me do double mortgage for 6 months. I've got room for 7 in my game room. Hoping to round out max capacity in 2013!

#14 11 years ago

First pin in September, SST. Since then, 5 more! I'm crazy.

#15 11 years ago

First pin in May, now have 9 and counting

#16 11 years ago

I bought my first two at Houston Expo November 2011 , so close. A Charlie's Angels that was trashed and a Williams EM with no backglass. Since then, I've bought 14 more. Evel Kneivel, Harlem Globetrotters, Playboy, Captain Fantastic, Buck Rogers , Sinbad, Royal Flush,Tee'd Off , Baywatch and a few others. I also picked up a claw game, an ICE Flintstones, a silent scope,arcade,a Williams Motorace arcade, two slot machines and a video poker. And i just looked at craigslist tonight before getting on pinside.
    Yeah, this is a little addicting.

#17 11 years ago

Bought a FT in the spring, then added a Big Hurt and DM this fall.

#18 11 years ago

We got our NIB XM earlier in November and we have over 700 plays on it (we're not very good...yet). I'm looking for a TSPP, because that machine looks awfully lonely all by himself

#19 11 years ago

WOZ ordered in April. LOTR in May. Xmen in July. I think given my basement space - eventually I will have 6-7.

#20 11 years ago

Bought my first pin yesterday. Waiting to get it next week. AC/DC Premium.
    Bit hard by the pin-bug, playing Tron and Theatre of Magic at a buddy's place.

#21 11 years ago

First pin in 2012. AC/DC Pro. Currently own TZ, AC/DC Premium and TRON

#22 11 years ago

Bought my 1st home on Jan 2nd, 2012.

9 have entered (actually 10, but one I only picked up for Tony and did not work on it so I do not consider it as mine even though it sat in my house for a week or 2), 6 here currently (4 to play; 2 to fix).

#23 11 years ago

Bought my TSPP last December, and I got JP in September.

#24 11 years ago

Bought my TF in April. Would buy more now but have nowhere to put them.

#25 11 years ago

Moved to our new "big house" in March so we had room for a pin, got JP in June. My mom got jealous and had to one-up me with TAF in July, then 2 weeks ago the parents bought RFM for me and MSF for themselves from a local Pinsider. They already had the Twin Win forever but it barely worked, so we restored it in July also, so that makes a total of 4 new to us and 1 restored pin in the last 6 months. Predator is on pre-order, but otherwise I don't forsee too many more in the near future since we're in a pin desert and currently busy with what we have.

#26 11 years ago

New blood here! Bought DM about 2 months ago. Still loving it. I'm currently about to complete a Virtual Pin that I started way before I got DM. I'd say my 2nd real pin will come late winter early spring.

#27 11 years ago

I'm glad I came across this hobby years ago, otherwise I might not be in it. Good luck to you guys just jumpin in.

#28 11 years ago

I hear rumors of the old prices on pins and it makes me sick!

#29 11 years ago

Tron in sept 2012. TOM a month later. Predator ordered. Bhza ordered.

#30 11 years ago

February 2012 for me. 14 more since this year. Plus Woz, Predator, and ZA .

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Geez you must have hit the lotto! You are on a roll.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from myork82:

I hear rumors of the old prices on pins and it makes me sick!

I did buy a pin this year, but it was a TFTC and they are still relatively inexpensive.

#33 11 years ago

My dad got hiss first two lat last year but I got pinbot in Jan 2012 and then Bop, TZ, and AFM. The rest are shared pins between either me and my dad or me, my dad, and our buddy. All but two purchased in 2012.

#34 11 years ago

Bought tron pro in April. Since then I've picked up Indiana Jones(stern) pirates and recently transformers. Addicted??? Probably.

#35 11 years ago

Whirlwind in June, Road Show in August, XMen in September, TSPP in October. Moving houses next month, so I'm waiting to make TZ #5.

The only one I think i could have maybe done better on price wise is whirlwind. I paid $1500 for a beat cabinet, playfield wear, and a non-functioning fan. I've been able to fix and clean most of it, so it's been great to learn on, and just an awesome game to play. Now I need to decide if I want to do a playfield swap when the CPR repros are out...

#36 11 years ago

Bought my first in oct,sopranos,then a FT,then a nib AC/DC premium,then a gn'r,just bought a home use SM,a ToM and purchasing a really clean MM on this sunday...so 7 machines in under 2 months....crap I need to seek help.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

First pin in May, now have 9 and counting

Quoted from rommy:

Well thanks for not making me feel completely crazy or I have company. Started in October with the idea of just one or two and now I sit at 9, not including my preorder of The Hobbit Le. I got it bad I actually really cant fit or another and my family would probably have me committed if they come over and I have pinball machines in the guest bedroom and in front of the plasma...

Money and space will prevent me from going any further in 2013. I will probably have to sell something if I want another game. Kind of glad I decided not to buy a new car because dancing around basically cheering my decent play last night on my minty Ac/Dc premium and fist pumping for no apparent reason other than joy, I think I made a decent decision. If I was having that much fun in a car think I would be on the side of the road getting a speeding ticket pretty quick.

Pinball fever, its a hell of a drug/sickness/joy/agony.

#38 11 years ago

my first in Feb? and I am up to 11 by the end of the week

#39 11 years ago

Started looking for a pin last december (around Xmas... not a good idea. Everything is more expensive then). Bought my first in April 2012. It was a Bally spectrum I bought unseen and had it shipped from someone I trust. Second one was a Zaccaria Blackbelt, restaured by a Zac fan. Then followed stargate, space mission, Banzai Run and very recently another Zac.
    Total cost : 3530 euros. I already sold two machines as space is limited and I have Nemo and Predator on my wish list. The idea will be to have a collection of 6-7 machines. The one that is played the least over a few months will go to allow rotation. This is the only way to keep the passion in control as I can't stop buying: there are two many machines on my wishlist, from EM to recent/future Sterns or JJP...

#40 11 years ago

Bought my first in july, second in august, third in october. Ordered predator. And probably gonna add a couple others in the next few months.
    I really just wanted one to play occasionally. And then I just kept wanting more. But it is nice to know there is a place where this is considered normal.

#41 11 years ago

First in October. I have five now less than two months later. I got the bug...

Wh20, FH, TAF, JB, NGG

#42 11 years ago

Bought my first this year. I now have 6 total.

#43 11 years ago

Bought LAH in pristine mint condition in may for 1100, and have purchased 11 since. Sold two for big profit and keep the rest. Jokerz, SST, JP, Game Show, Judge Dredd, STTNG, Demo Man are all the current ones I own. Love this hobbie and never had room until I just built (myself by the way) a huge 1400 square foot great room with 20 foot cathedrals tons of room for pins, wife's pissed I'm in heaven after waiting 20 years to do this. God bless pins. PS. I just missed a Williams IJ some guy had local after calling about another game for 1800! I was so pissed I couldn't even sleep at night. Yea, I have it bad.

#44 11 years ago

First ever this year: ACDC/BIB. Then X-Men/Wolverine. Today: Avengers/Hulk. Next: Therapist.

#45 11 years ago

add me to the list

#46 11 years ago

First pin Whitewater bought in September, second pin Fish Tales bought in November.

#47 11 years ago

First pin March 2012, 4th machine on its way now!

#48 11 years ago

I had my first pin for 15 years, and it has been in my family for 40.

As far as buying goes, I bought all 11 of my others in 2012. Hope to add 2 or 3 more by the end of the world...

#49 11 years ago

And everybody wonders why prices keep going up and supply is practically gone??? People buying 14 pins in a year.....wow!

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from beauimpala:

And everybody wonders why prices keep going up and supply is practically gone??? People buying 14 pins in a year.....wow!

Just to clarify, by the end of the year, I will have bought 14 pins in just a little under six months.

Yep. I, alone, am driving pin prices up and supply down.....

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-bought-their-first-pin-in-2012-and-if-so-how-many-since and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.