(Topic ID: 184825)

How many bands left deserve a pinball theme done of them?

By HighProtein

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many bands left deserve a pinball machine.”

• 1 14 votes
      9%
    • 2 12 votes
      8%
    • 3 7 votes
      5%
    • 4 9 votes
      6%
    • 5 10 votes
      7%
    • 6 6 votes
      4%
    • 7 3 votes
      2%
    • 8 47 votes
      31%
    • None (explain why) 42 votes
      28%

(150 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0084 (resized).JPG
    th-3 (resized).jpg
    th-2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3784 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3783 (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_3781 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2629 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7165 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7166 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7164 (resized).JPG
    albumart_1440x900 (resized).jpg
    99e302ba52ffaec8e569855334652e66 (resized).jpg
    BlackSabbath (resized).jpg
    1877874e2c65494c8dd75f0589eab388 (resized).jpeg
    Lords of Acid Pussy (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from BeaglePuss:

With Spooky releasing both Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper pins, they absolutely HAVE to release an Ozzy pin.

Dealing with Sharon would likely be a complete nightmare. I don't see this ever being worth the trouble.

#185 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinHead2112:

Here is an idea. So many bands deserve a pinball machine. So maybe someone should make a 'generic' band machine and then license it for different bands. Same play field layout. But different artwork and music to fit said band. Of course they would have to license with each band but would lower production costs by making the same machine with different band themes. I for one would put out a bunch of $$$ for a RUSH pinball.

I just feel like this half-ass approach wouldn't make anybody happy. If you really want your dream band theme, some generic "ROCK" pin with the songs of your band and some cover up decals just isn't gonna cut it. Look at the great band games like Bally KISS, AC/DC, Metallica...that approach just isn't gonna cut it. If you wanted to do it right it wouldn't lower production costs, it would raise them. How much do you think it would cost to turn a Metallica into a one-off Hall and Oates game?

As far as band themes I think Floyd could be pretty awesome, and of course I'd love to see Judas Priest and Spinal Tap but neither would be very likely. FLoyd would be a slam dunk though if they could get the license. With all things Floyd it would be super tough to pull off though, since the guys are in a partnership and still probably don't agree on much. Getting them all to sign off on the main theme/artwork/plot points would probably be a nightmare - I believe Roger still has rights to lots of the Wall stuff.

#187 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinHead2112:

Not much. If you did it on the production line. Same blank play field just different art and ROMS for sound and display. I guess to me it would depend on how good the lay out is on the original play field. It if was a good game it would work, if it is a poor playing game then not so much. As long as the game plays well it would not be a 'half assed aapproach'. But I agree that is a big if, see the Stern NFL games. Specifically if they did a 'generic' machine and had RUSH artwork and RUSH music, I would not care if the same layout also did Johnny Cash, etc.

By definition it would have to be half ass, and your Stern NFL is a perfect example. You want them to do made-to-order artwork and roms for different bands? All that stuff costs time and money - all you are really saving on is the layout. The one-size-fits all approach simply doesn't work here. The licensing itself is prohibitive - Stern simply got an all in one from the NFL for team logos. Dealing with all these different bands would add plenty of $ into the equation for each different game. And if you want to save real money we are talking cover bands. I don't know about you but I don't want the guy who screeches "I can't Drive 55" on NASCAR belting out all my favorite black sabbath jams.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-bands-left-deserve-a-pinball-theme-done-of-them?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.