(Topic ID: 184825)

How many bands left deserve a pinball theme done of them?

By HighProtein

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many bands left deserve a pinball machine.”

• 1 14 votes
      9%
    • 2 12 votes
      8%
    • 3 7 votes
      5%
    • 4 9 votes
      6%
    • 5 10 votes
      7%
    • 6 6 votes
      4%
    • 7 3 votes
      2%
    • 8 47 votes
      31%
    • None (explain why) 42 votes
      28%

(150 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0084 (resized).JPG
    th-3 (resized).jpg
    th-2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3784 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3783 (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_3781 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2629 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7165 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7166 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7164 (resized).JPG
    albumart_1440x900 (resized).jpg
    99e302ba52ffaec8e569855334652e66 (resized).jpg
    BlackSabbath (resized).jpg
    1877874e2c65494c8dd75f0589eab388 (resized).jpeg
    Lords of Acid Pussy (resized).jpeg
    There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 7 years ago

METAL:

Slayer
    Motorhead
    Iron maiden
    Black Sabbath

ROCK:

Led Zeppelin
    Jimi Hendrix
    Motley Crue

OTHER:

Beastie Boys
    Foo Fighters
    Nirvana would be awesome but a Sub Pop Records would be sweet too (Nirvana, soundgarden, mudhoney, tad, sonic youth)

#302 7 years ago

The Beatles and Michael Jackson would sell huge. I also have always thought Garth Brooks and Queen are more then worthy with lots of fans and great songs. Weird Al would be niche but great and quirky. Not gonna happen, but I can dream. Madonna and Taylor Swift both have huge catalogs and would be the way to go if they ever did a pin off of a feamale artist.

#303 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Soggy Bottom Boys

Nice. Assuming this is from Oh Brother Where Art Thou? That could be pretty cool.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#304 7 years ago
    Quoted from Fairground:

Should I let it be known Dr Hook was the first ever band (from overseas) I saw perform when they visited Cairns? Oh such a sheltered life I have lived

I think you deserve to get your picture on the cover of The Rolling Stone.

#305 7 years ago

I'd buy five copies for my mother.

#306 7 years ago

It occurs to me that Oingo Boingo would make a perfect pin. The band has a fun overall theme, plus lots of high-concept songs perfect for mode play - for example, you could collect fetishes and deviations during "Nasty Habits". You could even get specific and just make a Forbidden Zone pin.

#307 7 years ago

Frank Zappa? it would sure justify having an adult content on/off option.
    So many great play field toys could be linked to tunes ... "Why does it hurt when i pee" , "Bobby Brown goes down", "Yellow snow", "Cocaine decisions" and many more Maybe we should ask Dutch Pinball to give it a crack

#308 7 years ago

Is that a real ball lock, or is that a Sears ball lock?

#309 7 years ago
    Quoted from Fairground:

I'd buy five copies for my mother.

And she can get her "rocks off".

#310 7 years ago
    Quoted from TexasJustice:

The Beatles and Michael Jackson would sell huge.

Like Elvis did?

Seriously, no self respecting pinhead is going to put a Michael Jackson pin in their home. The Beatles haven't played together for almost 50 years. I don't think either would be big sellers.

#311 7 years ago

I love the Beatles. That being said, except for a few songs, their music is wayyyyy too slow/soft for pinball.

#312 7 years ago

I really think Queen would be a great band to theme a pinball around. Lots of great songs in their library and I think would look awesome with some artwork similar to what Donny did on Aerosmith/Metallica

th-2 (resized).jpgth-2 (resized).jpg

th-3 (resized).jpgth-3 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #313 6 years ago

If you want to hear music in pinball turn on a radio. Very few groups have the gimmicky parts of a band that would transition well. Aerosmith was a stretch as it was. Plus after hearing the songs thru a couple times I cringe.

#314 6 years ago

The problem w/the newer band themes is that they focus on new or current lineups and material. The new KISS w/the 2 wannabe members,lame remixes of classic songs. Metallica bites too. Where was Cliff?? Aerosmith w/Dude looks like a lady?? Horrible.......All would have been better w/Classic lineups and songs.Not this BS we have now. And we certainly don't want a damn machine based on Jet,who sucks.............

#315 6 years ago

Four. The answer is four. That's how many.

The title question doesn't ask which ones!

#316 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Four. The answer is four. That's how many.
    The title question doesn't ask which ones!

42?

#317 6 years ago

For LZ fans. Check out the CPR project. Worth a look. I still want a RUSH pin, quiet a few requests in this post but, well not sure it will happen. But if it does I am in for one, I will scrape up the scratch.

#318 6 years ago

I was just thinking about this, and saw this thread.
    I would add a Van Halen and Scorpions for sure (my favorites after AC/DC). Maybe a Michael Jackson in hopes that my wife would play more pinball

#319 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

The problem w/the newer band themes is that they focus on new or current lineups and material. The new KISS w/the 2 wannabe members,lame remixes of classic songs. Metallica bites too. Where was Cliff?? Aerosmith w/Dude looks like a lady?? Horrible.......All would have been better w/Classic lineups and songs.Not this BS we have now. And we certainly don't want a damn machine based on Jet,who sucks.............

If KISS licenses something now, it will be with the recordings, as they'll make money off of them. That's the whole reason they did those, for commercials, etc.. Metallica, like KISS, will likely market something now with the current lineup/image. I like the 1st 3 Metallica albums, but they got huge after he was gone.

This thread is pretty much people stating their favorite bands/etc, not necessarily what would sell. Very few band themes would sell, KISS is probably one of very few.

3 weeks later
    #320 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinHead2112:

Where is my RUSH pin. I cant as a rule afford NIB pins. But someone makes a RUSH pin, I am all in. RUSH come on someone make it happen.

I can just imagine hearing the Working Man growl upon pressing the start button. It would be the first pin with an Audio Shaker motor. So many albums, so many themes....so many modes!!

#321 6 years ago

Meatloaf!

3 months later
    #322 6 years ago

My top three would be Blink-182, Linkin Park, and Nirvana...of those, Nirvana's probably the one with the best chance of coming to fruition.

Of bands that deserve a pin...that number is widely variable depending on the criteria for what makes a band deserving of a pin. If it's based on dedicated fanbase, the number is probably wayyyyy higher than eight. If there's a necessary time period for relevance (i.e. a band has been around long enough to have a long-term, dedicated following, the way Aerosmith, Metallica, et al. have) or a genre or some other constriction, the number, naturally, shrinks a bit, but the list would still be pretty long. I get the feeling that bands will be theme fodder for a long time.

#323 6 years ago

Lots of good ideas but there is only one I would consider awesome and would not be able to resist.

IMG_0084 (resized).JPGIMG_0084 (resized).JPG

#324 6 years ago

Iron maiden!
    Pantera!

#325 6 years ago

Van Halen only with David lee Roth !!!

#326 6 years ago

No love for ABBA?
    Take my money now!

#327 6 years ago
    Quoted from oPinsesame:

No love for ABBA?
    Take my money now!

I'm going to assume this is a joke.

Slayer
    Motorhead
    Sabbath
    Megadeth
    and of course Iron Maiden but nothing after Powerslave

3 weeks later
    #329 6 years ago

Worst time ever to realize this.....

Tom Petty

Just imagine video modes of stuff like "don't come around here no more" or "mary Jane's last dance"!

His voice style would have made for INCREDIBLE call outs.

There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-bands-left-deserve-a-pinball-theme-done-of-them/page/7?hl=pinhead2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.