(Topic ID: 184825)

How many bands left deserve a pinball theme done of them?

By HighProtein

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many bands left deserve a pinball machine.”

• 1 14 votes
      9%
    • 2 12 votes
      8%
    • 3 7 votes
      5%
    • 4 9 votes
      6%
    • 5 10 votes
      7%
    • 6 6 votes
      4%
    • 7 3 votes
      2%
    • 8 47 votes
      31%
    • None (explain why) 42 votes
      28%

(150 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0084 (resized).JPG
    th-3 (resized).jpg
    th-2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3784 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3783 (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_3781 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2629 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7165 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7166 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7164 (resized).JPG
    albumart_1440x900 (resized).jpg
    99e302ba52ffaec8e569855334652e66 (resized).jpg
    BlackSabbath (resized).jpg
    1877874e2c65494c8dd75f0589eab388 (resized).jpeg
    Lords of Acid Pussy (resized).jpeg
    There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 7 years ago

You guys are old, but I do like LZ.

#152 7 years ago

I'm not a huge country fan, but Johnny Cash was around long enough to deserve some consideration.

#153 7 years ago

I'm thinking Van Halen would be a great pin. In the style of Transformers where you could either play as Diamond Dave or The Red Rocker!! Would be an insta-buy for me.

#154 7 years ago

I think a music pin in general with several modes....rock, heavy metal, country, pop, disco, grunge.....man could you do a ton with the code. But to make it worth while, one would have to license a lot of top songs and with all of the different artists, that would be a monumental and expensive task.

#155 7 years ago

Might as well just do the Big 4 metal bands plus one
    Metallica
    Megadeth
    Slayer
    Anthrax
    Testament

#156 7 years ago

Iron Maiden, then Volbeat......

#157 7 years ago

Gravel Pit lower pf, ODB stand up and drops on entire upper pf. 36 pops?

#158 7 years ago

Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Beatles, Van Halen, Skynyrd, Sabbath, the Dead-all of those are bands I would be interested in cause I really like the music but I sometimes wonder if the mellower type music would go well with pinball especially after playing AC/DC and Metallica. I'm glad about Aerosmith cause they would be on this list too if not already made. Some newer music I like that rocks would be Smashing Pumpkins, STP and Alice in chains

#159 7 years ago

iron maiden! id be all over one of them.

if there was a completely over the top super evil Slayer that would also be amazing!

that would be my 2 picks.

#160 7 years ago

Hell yes. C1RvYlmUoAIStdo (resized).jpgC1RvYlmUoAIStdo (resized).jpg

#161 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Gravel Pit lower pf, ODB stand up and drops on entire upper pf. 36 pops?

Uzi Pinky Ring mode conquered ftw.

#162 7 years ago

Pig Destroyer? I second that.

#163 7 years ago

Slayer or Wesley Willis , I would buy those .

#164 7 years ago

Well since Ween will never be made unless I make it myself, if they ever made a Bowie or Sabbath pin I would elbow the shit out of everyone to be first in line.

#165 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Well since Ween will never be made unless I make it myself, if they ever made a Bowie or Sabbath pin I would elbow the shit out of everyone to be first in line.

I'd be in for a Ween Pinball kickstarter is pumpin' for the man is in it somewhere.

#166 7 years ago

I know most of these have already been mentioned but my list regardless:

Led Zeppelin
    Black Sabbath
    Pink Floyd
    Slayer
    Megadeth
    Rush
    Queen

#167 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Could there at least be like some reverse drop targets that pop up instead of drop down? with daisies on them?

#168 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mancave:

Two words....PINK FLOYD

I can imagine an incredible light show with a Pink Floyd pin.

Quoted from Dooskie:

I'm not a huge country fan, but Johnny Cash was around long enough to deserve some consideration.

Garth

#169 7 years ago

Not sure how to link Pinside thread but the guy from France that built the Dillinger Escape Plan pin and then gave it to the band was top shelf. I'm sure it's long been destroyed.

#170 7 years ago

Jimi Hendrix with Zombie Yeti artwork.

Queen would be cool too.

#171 7 years ago

RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!

#172 7 years ago

Would to see the Rock Band / Guitar Hero license brought to pinball.

Why focus on one band's library when you can have a jukebox of lots of popular songs? New LCD screens could show the music videos for whatever song you're currently playing.

Hitting more of the shots in time keeps the song sounding nice and the crowd happy. Mess up too much during a performance and you fail the song.

#173 7 years ago

Can you imagine all the Purple, Velvet and Bling from a Prince themed game? I also agree, with Jimmy Buffet - you could do a lot with that library. Check out Buck Butt the Turtle

#174 7 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

I know most of these have already been mentioned but my list regardless:
    Led Zeppelin
    Black Sabbath
    Pink Floyd
    Slayer
    Megadeth
    Rush
    Queen

Take out Slayer and Megadeth and I'd say we've narrowed down the top 5. I for one would need to find a way to get all of those.

#175 7 years ago

KMFDM from WW3 and older would be cool with Brute! Art.

#176 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

KMFDM from WW3 and older would be cool with Brute! Art.

Someone has to do this. Even as a re-theme. If anyone has a SS+ pin they want to donate, hell, I'll do it.

#177 7 years ago

#178 7 years ago

In no order:

"YO MTV Raps" Ed Lover and Dre turntable bash toy! Fab 5 Freddy topper just the glasses

"Headbangers Ball" Ricki Rachtman bash toy!

Either of these would be killer coz you could just put whatever songs you wanted if you don't like what it ships with.

#179 7 years ago

Easy: Ashford and Simpson

#180 7 years ago
    Quoted from calprog:

RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!

When there is a Canadian pinball maker?

#181 7 years ago

Buck Butt Turtle reminded me of cows with guns
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/R4zlufbOFOo

#182 7 years ago

Cochese-pearl.jpgCochese-pearl.jpg

#183 7 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Is that Bryans brother? LOL

Ryan Adams just crossed Thunderbirds off his future pin purchase list.

#184 7 years ago

Here is an idea. So many bands deserve a pinball machine. So maybe someone should make a 'generic' band machine and then license it for different bands. Same play field layout. But different artwork and music to fit said band. Of course they would have to license with each band but would lower production costs by making the same machine with different band themes. I for one would put out a bunch of $$$ for a RUSH pinball.

#185 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinHead2112:

Here is an idea. So many bands deserve a pinball machine. So maybe someone should make a 'generic' band machine and then license it for different bands. Same play field layout. But different artwork and music to fit said band. Of course they would have to license with each band but would lower production costs by making the same machine with different band themes. I for one would put out a bunch of $$$ for a RUSH pinball.

I just feel like this half-ass approach wouldn't make anybody happy. If you really want your dream band theme, some generic "ROCK" pin with the songs of your band and some cover up decals just isn't gonna cut it. Look at the great band games like Bally KISS, AC/DC, Metallica...that approach just isn't gonna cut it. If you wanted to do it right it wouldn't lower production costs, it would raise them. How much do you think it would cost to turn a Metallica into a one-off Hall and Oates game?

As far as band themes I think Floyd could be pretty awesome, and of course I'd love to see Judas Priest and Spinal Tap but neither would be very likely. FLoyd would be a slam dunk though if they could get the license. With all things Floyd it would be super tough to pull off though, since the guys are in a partnership and still probably don't agree on much. Getting them all to sign off on the main theme/artwork/plot points would probably be a nightmare - I believe Roger still has rights to lots of the Wall stuff.

#186 7 years ago

Not much. If you did it on the production line. Same blank play field just different art and ROMS for sound and display. I guess to me it would depend on how good the lay out is on the original play field. It if was a good game it would work, if it is a poor playing game then not so much. As long as the game plays well it would not be a 'half assed aapproach'. But I agree that is a big if, see the Stern NFL games. Specifically if they did a 'generic' machine and had RUSH artwork and RUSH music, I would not care if the same layout also did Johnny Cash, etc.

#187 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinHead2112:

Not much. If you did it on the production line. Same blank play field just different art and ROMS for sound and display. I guess to me it would depend on how good the lay out is on the original play field. It if was a good game it would work, if it is a poor playing game then not so much. As long as the game plays well it would not be a 'half assed aapproach'. But I agree that is a big if, see the Stern NFL games. Specifically if they did a 'generic' machine and had RUSH artwork and RUSH music, I would not care if the same layout also did Johnny Cash, etc.

By definition it would have to be half ass, and your Stern NFL is a perfect example. You want them to do made-to-order artwork and roms for different bands? All that stuff costs time and money - all you are really saving on is the layout. The one-size-fits all approach simply doesn't work here. The licensing itself is prohibitive - Stern simply got an all in one from the NFL for team logos. Dealing with all these different bands would add plenty of $ into the equation for each different game. And if you want to save real money we are talking cover bands. I don't know about you but I don't want the guy who screeches "I can't Drive 55" on NASCAR belting out all my favorite black sabbath jams.

#188 7 years ago

Maybe you are right, just a thought. I hate Bally Kiss and I love classic Bally's, so not sure that is a good example. Game just plays horrible. Not a big fan of AC/DC or Metallica (the pinball machines- like the bands). For sure I would love a specific pinball for the band I love but there is really no chance that a RUSH pinball would appeal to the masses. I dont think it would be that big a deal to change the artwork or sound Roms but the licensing might be an issue.

#189 7 years ago

Jonnie Cash
    NIN
    Van Halen
    Black Sabbath
    Floyd
    Zeppelin
    Bowie
    Prince
    MJ

#190 7 years ago

KRAFTWERK!

The heavy lifting has already been done....

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4031

#191 7 years ago

Led Zep, Blondie, Heart, Doobie Bros., Allman Bros

#192 7 years ago

Really surprised how many people chose Pink Floyd? They are great, but as a pin I think it would put me to sleep.
    Iron Maiden
    Megadeth
    Would love to see one that jumps decades, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's.

#193 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mancave:

SHIT yeah, like this one In fact, what about a School of Rock pin?

What? How could you not say Pick of Destiny?

#194 7 years ago

RUSH!!

#195 7 years ago

Also,
    What band would make sense to be another retheme of Whoa Nellie?

#196 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Also,
    What band would make sense to be another retheme of Whoa Nellie?

hh (resized).jpghh (resized).jpg

#198 7 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

What? How could you not say Pick of Destiny?

Oh i love that idea too but was thinking about the "kid friendly" angle though.

#199 7 years ago

I didn't post in the poll...but would put out:
    Iron Maiden
    Motörhead
    Rammstein
    Led zeppelin
    Black sabbath
    Deep Purple
    Motley Crüe
    Based on available/possible art, music.

(Now imagine Rammstein adult mode with song Pussy)

#200 7 years ago

Rush!

There are 329 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-bands-left-deserve-a-pinball-theme-done-of-them/page/4?hl=pinhead2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.