Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I am putting together a spread sheet that will have every machine manufactured along with the amount of balls it takes. I was thinking that everyone on Pinside may be able to help me out with some of the rarer games, or with some of the titles that I was unable to find. Right now I am leaving this post open to all machines. If you would like to help, Please comment the name of your machine with the amount of pinballs that it takes.

Thanks everyone in advance for your help,
    Scott

#2 8 years ago

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=multiball&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

I'm sure you could data mine IPDB for that.

At least to get a good base.

#3 8 years ago

I've looked around on IPDB. They don't have the info for every game. I appreciate the link though.

#4 8 years ago

BBB-8

#5 8 years ago

D&D 4 balls. My pants 2 balls.

#6 8 years ago

Judge Dredd has nine and most single player games prior to 1965 take five. Some after 1959 have the option of using three though.

#7 8 years ago

Apollo 13 must have at least 13 for the 13 ball multiball.

Independence day must have at least 51 for the "Area 51" 51 ball multiball. (In my dreams.)

#8 8 years ago

I just have to ask the question. Why?

#9 8 years ago

Elektra 4 balls.

1-captive
    1-Captive in lower playfield
    2- in the ball trough

#10 8 years ago

Embryon has six - one playable ball and 5 (yeah, five!) captive balls. Is this a record for captive balls?

#11 8 years ago

RK.....2 Balls

T2.....3 Balls

#12 8 years ago

Jurassic Park

1 captive
    6 active

Woo Hoo!

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I just have to ask the question. Why?

SealClubber, I just wanted it for educational purposes. I work on a lot of machines, and I figured it would be a lot easier having a list of all of the machines and how many balls, lamps, rubbers, etc each had before I went to shop the machine. This is just the first step of a giant project I brought upon myself

#15 8 years ago

Thank You to everyone who has posted, I greatly appreciate all of your help.

#16 8 years ago

Does a captive ball that you hit but don't play count? For your purposes of working on the machine and using this for replacement/repairs, I'm thinking yes?

Jungle Princess - 1
    Post Time - 1
    Baseball - 1
    Super Star - 1
    Spy Hunter - 2 (1 Captive)

#17 8 years ago

Cyclopes - 2

EDIT: If we are counting captive balls, then 2 in the trough and one captive.

#18 8 years ago

Casanova-1
    Demo Mang-5
    Dirty Harrold-4
    Bram Dracula-4
    Sharkeys Shoot-4
    metallica-4

#19 8 years ago

These are all great, keep them coming Please! Are there any EM guys out there that can help out with some of the EM machines? They seem to be a little bit more difficult to find information on.

Thanks
    Scott

#20 8 years ago

Firepower - 3
    Firepower II - 2
    Fireball Classic - 4 (1 captive)
    Earthshaker - 4 (1 captive)
    DE Simpsons - 3
    Pinbot - 2

#21 8 years ago

Funhouse - three balls
    Gorgar - 1 ball
    Space Mission - 1 ball

#22 8 years ago

EMs with manual ball load (pre-1966 for Gottlieb) mostly have 5, which can all be plunged at once if that's how you want to do it.

EMs with automatic ball loading mostly had 1. That's 90% of what you're talking about, I imagine.

Multiball EMs were few in numbers. Bally had some in the 70s: Fireball, Four Million B.C., etc. Those have three balls.

#23 8 years ago

Correction- Fireball has four balls. Bon Voyage has two balls. If you include the captive ball on those machines.

#24 8 years ago

Brennah: interesting idea, but do you want to make your own database or first check with ipdb if they want to extend their entries with 'shop info' information and let them have the list of balls, rubber list, lamps, .. ?

#25 8 years ago

My Sega apollo 13 has 13 balls haha try to beat that

Bas

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Fireball has four balls

I was about to argue with you, then I saw who I was dealing with. You are correct!

#28 8 years ago

Laser War - 3

#29 8 years ago

Does Judge Dredd have 9, 6 trough and 3 captive?

#30 8 years ago

TftC has 6 balls.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Does Judge Dredd have 9, 6 trough and 3 captive?

Quoted from o-din:

Judge Dredd has nine

Balls-A-Poppin has nine as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-balls-does-your-game-have and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.