(Topic ID: 6237)

How many ball per game?

By rdonohue13

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shock_me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I'm not sure those two FH and Taxi can even be changed

Yes they can be changed to 4 or 5 ball I believe.

For me, all my pre-1986 games are usually set to 5 balls, just because most of those games will drain faster, and that's how they were set in my local arcade back in the day. All my post 1986 games are set to 3 balls, due to slightly longer ball times.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from scscottc:

It is more fun to not play very well on 5 balls than it is on 3

I see your point here. I actually tried 5 balls on TZ for a while, but it actually makes the rules harder on factory settings. For example; when you start a mode in either the piano or slot machine the lights will not relight until you make successive ramp shots afterwards. Also the spiral bonus starts at the beginning instead of three steps up like it does on 3 ball play. In the end I much preferred the 3 ball set up.

Like you said though, they're your games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shock_me.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-ball-per-game?tu=shock_me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.