(Topic ID: 179518)

how many amps on breakers? (fried breaker playing pinball)

By jake35

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobhvacguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Challenger and sylvania another brand that starts with a z zelco?, lots of brands not covered by insurance because they are cheap, shitty and cause fires, i had challenger and change my main to ge and subs to squar d. NEVER oversize a breaker. Maybe your breaker just broke or melted down, happens with those brand names metioned. Just change your breaker with the same amp rating that was in there, never higher. Wire can only take so many amps through it until it get to warm and melts, thats the whole idea for a certain breaker rating is to protect wire, not devises you plug in. PLUS A LOT of people dont know this but breakers trip at 80 percent of capacity after 2 hours (required for ul listing)

Zinsco. I am in hvacand not electrician, but I know a lot about them. If you have any of those 3 get them replaced.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobhvacguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-amps-on-breakers-fried-breaker-playing-pinball?tu=bobhvacguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.