(Topic ID: 179518)

how many amps on breakers? (fried breaker playing pinball)

By jake35

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bull.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 7 years ago

Also don't take the original owners word!!!

Even if the wire is not color coded (yellow 12, white 10) it will be printed in the wire if it is that new!

Original owner may think or assume it is 12 but not know for sure. Some contractors will do what they can to save a buck.

That being said I have 3 EMs and a PC all on and old 15 amp circuit with no problem. I know that isn't a great situation but it is in an unfinished part of a 100 year old house.

As stated Do Not just throw a 30 amp breaker at it! I am volunteer fireman and have seen it happen. As someone posted above it is like the ole days of throwing a penny in a fuse.

one thing I would check, if you know how, or pay someoneto see if one of your machines is drawing more current (amps) and it should be.

Transformers deteriorate over time, not just in pinballs.

Good luck

Please be safe!

Don't hack just to get the games going. Do it the right way.

#39 7 years ago

Also if it somewhat of an older machine check your AC power cords. Make sure the are not brittle and shorting or pinched in the head!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bull.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-amps-on-breakers-fried-breaker-playing-pinball?tu=Bull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.