(Topic ID: 16213)

How Many ACDC BIB can you move? If you want one you might want to email me!

By Exejet

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BigOrange
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

We picked up the ACDC BIB today! The best part was my Tron Pro was there. It's screen printed, must have been one of the last ones!

// Error: Image 27211 not found // // Error: Image 27212 not found // // Error: Image 27213 not found //

#2 11 years ago

how much for bible

#3 11 years ago

Got anything good to trade other than money?

#4 11 years ago

You could have fit 2 more on that trailer if you stood them all up

#5 11 years ago

Congrats on the Tron Pro! Any Ltbr?

Ill trade 7200.

#6 11 years ago

All Back In Blacks! No LTBR, no one really wanted them. It seems more like people got stuck with them. When you see them in person you'll understand what I'm saying. You'll want the black. The back glass reminds me of SMB!

#7 11 years ago

Are you investing in the games hoping to flip them later at a profit? Pretty risky if you ask me.

The LTBR games look a lot better IMO.

#8 11 years ago

Did you open one? Thats a classic pic by the way. Did you drive like an old lady?

#9 11 years ago

I opened 277, good game. Hauled ass! No pussy footing around!!

#10 11 years ago

Talk about a trailer full of pins!! Congrats man.

#11 11 years ago

Assuming (I know) 6 bibs, retail right now 8500+, (will go higher) and tron pro, 5k, $56,000 haul?

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

All Back In Blacks! No LTBR, no one really wanted them.

HAHA!! I'm sure that there are plenty of people that would prefer to have a LTBR!! personally I would settle for a BIBLE if I had to!!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Are you investing in the games hoping to flip them later at a profit? Pretty risky if you ask me.

I have to agree with my fellow cajun. Although, it does look like AC/DC is being extremely well received by everyone so the investment may work out just fine for you.

#14 11 years ago

I figured $50K, odds were in my favor. I've got a Pro and the BIB plays so much smoother! Very deep base, the color changing is cool. What strange no one has really talked about how they beefed up where the legs meet the cabinet. Angle Iron screwed in, that will stabilize the leg and stop it from damaging the decal and cabinet. Great move STERN! Very good!

#15 11 years ago

It's not an investment, it's pinball. I've been in the hobby 15 years and haven't seen games go down in value. Once Stern got SRP and ACDC involved the game was "fixed". HOME RUN for STERN and SRP!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

What strange no one has really talked about how they beefed up where the legs meet the cabinet. Angle Iron screwed in, that will stabilize the leg and stop it from damaging the decal and cabinet. Great move STERN! Very good!

Oh it has been talked about and very quickly dismissed by the forum know it all .

Jim

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Exejet said:What strange no one has really talked about how they beefed up where the legs meet the cabinet. Angle Iron screwed in, that will stabilize the leg and stop it from damaging the decal and cabinet. Great move STERN! Very good!
Oh it has been talked about and very quickly dismissed by the forum know it all .
Jim

Yea , The Stern Hater's Club saw to that . Beefed Up ,,, Good word's !!!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

It's not an investment, it's pinball. I've been in the hobby 15 years and haven't seen games go down in value.

I agree with the above in general but more then a few names have gone down in value depending on peoples tastes and trends in the hobby over the past 15 years . ACDC kicks @ss enjoy your games!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

by the forum know it all .

Wait wait wait....you can't just go handing out titles like that. I mean what if I wanted to toss my hat in the ring for forum know it all ?

#20 11 years ago

Gotta be RgR and TaylorVa i dont even post in the rule thread anymore because of rgr

#21 11 years ago

I don't even read RGRs post, the guy is completely irrelevant.

Jim

#22 11 years ago

So your trading these and not selling them?

#23 11 years ago

Sold and selling, trades are welcome. 2 left last night.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I don't even read RGRs post, the guy is completely irrelevant.
Jim

well said gabby

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Gotta be RgR and TaylorVa i dont even post in the rule thread anymore because of rgr

"know it all?" is that what you get labeled now for having an opinion. Sorry about that. Ill try to tow the line a little more.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#27 11 years ago

Sent you PM
No response?

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

don't think there is any risk, smart move. even if you can jack up the price a Little to pay for your own one. good luck

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Funny how some think they're really like on these goofy boards and look for affirmation. Go get a life. If you care you truly need help. Tow the line? Goofy! Karma 13000+ should be a clue "get a life!"

Coming from you this is a laugh.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjam:

PinballHelp said:Are you investing in the games hoping to flip them later at a profit? Pretty risky if you ask me.
don't think there is any risk, smart move. even if you can jack up the price a Little to pay for your own one. good luck

The funny thing is, anybody who does these kinds of deals and loses money isn't likely to post all over the Internet advertising it. I'm sure someone picked up some Avatars, TRS or BBHs NIB and thought they were going to flip them, but were lucky to get their money back if they did.

Not all pinball transactions work out. Maybe in this case they did, and that's cool. I don't have a problem with anybody doing that. In fact, people like this guy probably help increase production numbers on the games so more will ultimately be floating around. But generally-speaking, I'm in the camp of "pinball is meant to be played" not used as a commodity. But nothing wrong with finding an angle to subsidize your hobby. I do that as well. If it works out, great.

#31 11 years ago

Can you imagine if you had bought 5 TRS LE!!!!!!!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

I've been in the hobby 15 years and haven't seen games go down in value.

What about Nascar, Dale Jr, Big Buck Hunter, Avatar, Transformers LE, NBA, 24, CSI, the WoFs that were blown out for $2400 NIB *delivered* a couple years ago (after retailing for $3800)...

I think if you have NIB ones, eventually you'll get a good price for them, but I don't think you have a guarantee for them. Transformers LE sold like gangbusters, and now those are definitely going for less. We have to see what happens with ACDC. The game has been well received, but most people have had them for a week or less.

Good luck, and I think you'll do well for yourself (and I guess you already have), but it definitely isn't true that every game appreciates in value...

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Last one! $9k!!! Risk? I don't think you guys understand what Risk actually is. These games sold like wild fire! in 6 months open games will pull $9k. Even more units are being shipped out of the USA, good luck finding one now!!

None can predict anything.

Besides no one knows how the lower p/f is going to hold up after say, 5000 games??

He who dares, wins though in your case

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Risk? I don't think you guys understand what Risk actually is.

Then what is "Risk"?

Randy

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from WNflyer:

Exejet said:Risk? I don't think you guys understand what Risk actually is.

Then what is "Risk"?
Randy

An excellent game by Parker Brothers/Hasbro....To hold Irkutsk is to rule the world

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

WNflyer said:Exejet said:Risk? I don't think you guys understand what Risk actually is.
Then what is "Risk"?
Randy
An excellent game by Parker Brothers/Hasbro....To hold Irkutsk is to rule the world

There you are wrong, my friend! Kamchatka is the gateway to world domination!!

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from BigOrange:

robertmee said:WNflyer said:Exejet said:Risk? I don't think you guys understand what Risk actually is.
Then what is "Risk"?
Randy
There you are wrong, my friend! Kamchatka is the gateway to world domination!!

Ha! Not in our crowd (mind you this is 25 years ago)....There were three territories on our board that held mystical powers...Irkutsk, Madagascar and Johnson's shores. None were strategically important, but the owner could brag over holding them because of their symbolism

Oh, and if you're a true risk player, you immediately questioned 'Johnson's shores'....Well, that was the southern territory of atlantis, bordering Central America, Brazil, North Africa, and Europe...Yes, we were such Risk geeks we created our own board on a 4x8' sheet of plywood, adding the Continents of Atlantis, Antartica and the Hawaiin Islands (had to give those Aussies someone to fight). You can go ahead and laugh now at our childhood geekiness

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Last one! $9k!!! Risk? I don't think you guys understand what Risk actually is. These games sold like wild fire! in 6 months open games will pull $9k. Even more units are being shipped out of the USA, good luck finding one now!!

This reminds me of a recent situation with a guy who had a game on CL and was asking about $2k more than what it was worth. A few locals contacted him and showed him what he was asking was way high and he wasn't doing anybody any favors artificially-inflating the value of the game. He claimed it was a fair price. Someone posted a link to the actual sale prices for the game, and his response was, "SOLD the game for my asking price". Then about a week later, the game was listed for a little less in a nearby city with the same contact info.

I'm not saying you didn't sell your game for $9k but anybody can say anything on the Internet, and if I pumped twenty grand into some stuff I wanted to flip, I'd be hard-selling its value too. There's a guy on eBay who is notorious for listing games at high prices and sticking a provocative woman in the picture, who insists people pay his outrageous prices for the games, but somehow never in the actual eBay auctions. Always private sales. Go figure?

I wish you luck in your endeavor. I don't want to discourage you, but to me it's like those commercials for no money down real estate.. if it really were that profitable, would those people be blabbing about it on TV? Wouldn't they just keep buying and selling themselves and not suggest others should enter into their market or that there's no risk?

Anyway, if you managed to pocket a pretty penny from flipping the games, that's awesome. Good for you. Some of us are skeptical that any pinball machines, much less the current popular flavor are going to dramatically increase in value in the near future. The trends and history don't indicate that. But obviously if someone wants a BIB and you're the only guy that has them, you're in a good place. The jury is out whether or not six months from now, there will be as much demand. Nobody ultimately knows and some people might find it a little presumptuous to authoritatively claim they know what the future holds price-wise.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Angle Iron screwed in, that will stabilize the leg and stop it from damaging the decal and cabinet. Great move STERN! Very good!

Very good move indeed!!

#41 11 years ago

<Ha! Not in our crowd (mind you this is 25 years ago)....There were three territories on our board that held mystical powers...Irkutsk, Madagascar and Johnson's shores. None were strategically important, but the owner could brag over holding them because of their symbolism
Oh, and if you're a true risk player, you immediately questioned 'Johnson's shores'....Well, that was the southern territory of Atlantis, bordering Central America, Brazil, North Africa, and Europe...Yes, we were such Risk geeks we created our own board on a 4x8' sheet of plywood, adding the Continents of Atlantis, Antartica and the Hawaiin Islands (had to give those Aussies someone to fight). You can go ahead and laugh now at our childhood geekiness>

That sounds awesome! Much respect to your 'childhood geekiness"! Today, Parker Brothers would call you a "Lead User" and pay you some decent dough for your thoughts... Any chance you have a pic of that modded board? - sounds great...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-acdc-bib-can-you-move-if-you-want-one-you-might-want-to-email-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.