Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2CBC46AE-08DE-4428-A20A-4CD66019B454 (resized).jpeg
20190213_211706 (resized).jpg
9CE22ABB-874F-4273-B3E4-D033F9F768BC (resized).jpeg
IMG_5468 (resized).JPG
20180711_121841 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I am looking to purchase a Mustang LE (50th Anniversary Edition). Someone on this site claimed there were more LE's made than the Premium Edition (Boss Edition). I've looked and cannot find the production numbers anywhere. Since the LE came with serialized plates, you would think the number produced would be available, but I can't find it.

Does anyone know the number produced for either the LE or Premium?

What's the highest number seen on the serialized plates?

#2 5 years ago

The number of "LE"s announced is not always the number that gets made....there were supposed to be quite a few WWE LEs made but they had poor sales so I dont think they ever made them all...perhaps mustang is the same way, the game is not very popular so maybe they didnt do the whole run...

No one has accurate stern production numbers, they keep that info under wraps....

#3 5 years ago

My Mustang Premium is # 0094

20180711_121841 (resized).jpg20180711_121841 (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago

Had a Mustang LE for a while and mine was # 168 out of 500.

IMG_5468 (resized).JPGIMG_5468 (resized).JPG
#5 5 years ago

I’d go for a Premium on looks alone. It was way cooler than the LE.

#6 5 years ago

I was told there is only 2 LEs in Australia
one of my customers owns one

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

My Mustang Premium is # 0094
[quoted image]

Nice car flower.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I was told there is only 2 LEs in Australia
one of my customers owns one

I was in touch with someone that said he had one of only two LEs stamped "sample" from before they started full production. Your customer must have the other.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

The number of "LE"s announced is not always the number that gets made....there were supposed to be quite a few WWE LEs made but they had poor sales so I dont think they ever made them all...perhaps mustang is the same way, the game is not very popular so maybe they didnt do the whole run...
No one has accurate stern production numbers, they keep that info under wraps....

I emailed Stern and requested production numbers. Never received a reply. I wonder why they don't just release the numbers once they stop production.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

My husband was driving a 1994 red convertible Mustang (30th anniversary model) when we met. That's why I want the LE and not the premium.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I disagree. The LE's cabinet/backglass artwork and finish are more appealing to me.

#12 5 years ago

It’s widely accepted that Stern made less than 100 premium Mustangs...making it, most likely, the lowest production premium game made

#13 5 years ago

I own Premium #0001 and was told there were less than 100 made.

The Premium is the only one with a different play field. Pro and LE have same PF.

Kinda weird how Stern did it that way???

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from h8_the_cold:

My husband was driving a 1994 red convertible Mustang (30th anniversary model) when we met. That's why I want the LE and not the premium.

Haha, nice. We all have a Mustang memory.

My first car was a red ‘69 (still have it) and of course ‘69 was the year of the Boss’s debut so I’m sure that affects my decision. If they had a Mach 1 Edition I’d probably be into it too.

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I disagree. The LE's cabinet/backglass artwork and finish is more appealing to me.

That’s cool, it is a fine looking game. I really like the sideart on the Premium far more since it does have a classic on it where the LE is just the 2015 in all its glory. But the blue rails are quite nice.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

I own Premium #0001 and was told there were less than 100 made.
The Premium is the only one with a different play field. Pro and LE have same PF.
Kinda weird how Stern did it that way???

How is the PF different? I have looked at the flyers for each and I can't see the difference.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from h8_the_cold:

How is the PF different? I have looked at the flyers for each and I can't see the difference.

Actually, the playfield art is different on all 3 models. Different cars are represented and the pro inserts are different from the other two because it has fewer playfield features than the Premium and LE. Premium features only Boss Mustangs.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

It’s widely accepted that Stern made less than 100 premium Mustangs...making it, most likely, the lowest production premium game made

I have heard Avengers Premium may be the rarest production Stern ever, The Mustang Prem may be close. Would love to know the actual #s

#18 5 years ago

In the past a Pinsider posted that the plaque on his premium, it was #94. (PS See post #3 above). Not sure but remember seeing a #125, or was it 112? I could be wrong. Have not seen any LE pins numbered over 200.

The LE also the only Mustang pin with that funky 3D ish art work on the lower cabinet.

#19 5 years ago

I just got a LE #245

9CE22ABB-874F-4273-B3E4-D033F9F768BC (resized).jpeg9CE22ABB-874F-4273-B3E4-D033F9F768BC (resized).jpeg
#20 5 years ago

I don't think Stern numbered their LE's in order from 1 to whatever they made , I believe they just randomly afixed the numbers as they wished

#21 5 years ago

Serial number comparisons could tell a more accurate story.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

I just got a LE #245

I stand as corrected! Thanks.

#23 5 years ago

I just got a LE #245
[quoted image]

Glad to see ya finally got 1

1 week later
#24 5 years ago

I have Mustang #285.

#25 5 years ago

I had a Mustang Pro for about 4 months (loaner). What a fun game to play. Everyone in my league enjoyed and it was played non-stop on league nights. For those who own them, you win.

#26 5 years ago

I purchased a Mustang Pro NIB almost 4 years ago now. Still love it and no intention of selling it.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I had a Mustang Pro for about 4 months (loaner). What a fun game to play. Everyone in my league enjoyed and it was played non-stop on league nights. For those who own them, you win.

You should bring it back.
Underrated pin

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from h8_the_cold:

I know my game is custom now sure if playfield is any different.

20190213_211706 (resized).jpg20190213_211706 (resized).jpg
#29 5 years ago

Approximately 120 Boss premiums.
The Boss premium is valued slightly higher than the limited.

I own #102

#30 5 years ago

Just found this on my LE, this past weekend. Whatever it means in the #s.

2CBC46AE-08DE-4428-A20A-4CD66019B454 (resized).jpeg2CBC46AE-08DE-4428-A20A-4CD66019B454 (resized).jpeg

#31 5 years ago

Whatever it means in the #s.

A good guess would be that that label is for how many Playfields were made. Certainly narrows down the numbers of actual machines made.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.