(Topic ID: 330158)

How LOUD is a pinball machine in a home setting?

By Doc_VanNostrand

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230128_075428 (resized).jpg
    537120DB-F14B-49F0-B080-60A701759F58 (resized).jpeg
    barn1 (resized).jpg
    giphy (6).gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trueno92.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 1 year ago

Get a whitestar machine, they are pretty quiet... kinda... in comparison.....even tho all the stuff is the same. Maybe someone with more knowledge can explain why? (20v vs 50v?)

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

according to ChatGPT:
    The volume of a pinball machine can vary depending on the specific machine and its age. Some pinball machines can be quite loud, while others may be relatively quiet. Factors that can affect the volume of a pinball machine include the quality and condition of the speakers, the types of sounds and music that are played, and the overall design of the machine. In general, newer pinball machines tend to be quieter than older ones.
    When Asked "how loud is a pinball machine in decibels compared to other household items? "
    A pinball machine can typically produce noise levels around 80-85 decibels, which is similar to the noise level of a vacuum cleaner or a hair dryer. It is considered as a moderately loud noise and prolonged exposure to sound levels above 85 decibels can cause hearing loss.

no pinball is the same level as loud as a vacuum machine.... or hair dryer.

i think we can all agree that its not the music or call outs, its the pop pop of the coil stops on... every solenoid powered mech that the ball makes contact with.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ten31:

I just played a game of LOTR with my decibel meter next to it. When the ball is idling and just the background music is playing it registers 65db. When the flippers and bumpers start going it maxes out at around 80db. I put the meter next a hair dryer and it came in at around 85db. I have central vacuum, which is probably quieter than stand-alone units, so I didn't try measuring it. But I do use hearing protection with a shop-vac.

I stand corrected. Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trueno92.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-loud-is-a-pinball-machine-in-a-home-setting?tu=trueno92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.