Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MotoChi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Just curious, how long does it take for a pin to ship 1/2 way across the country?
    Using a trucking co. like navl, bisson, any general trucking co. basically.
    Let's say from Maine to Kentucky.

1 week? 2 weeks? a month?

if you've done something like this, what's your experience?

#2 10 years ago

About a week from there I would say.

#3 10 years ago

NAVL can take some time... 2 weeks I would say. Some of the trucking companies like RoadRunner and RL do it in 4-5 days.

Maine to Kentucky should be pretty quick though... unless you're talking about rural areas which those two states have plenty!

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

NAVL can take some time... 2 weeks I would say. Some of the trucking companies like RoadRunner and RL do it in 4-5 days.
    Maine to Kentucky should be pretty quick though... unless you're talking about rural areas which those two states have plenty!

Ya, not too bad on the Maine end, 1/2 hour N.W. of Portland,
    but rural Kentucky for sure.

#5 10 years ago

Was 4 business days with NAVL for one I did ....only traveled 900 miles. That being said...took 2 weeks to get the thing on the truck.

#6 10 years ago

PS. Thank you for moving thread to the correct topic.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheGMan:

Ya, not too bad on the Maine end, 1/2 hour N.W. of Portland,
    but rural Kentucky for sure.

Rural areas will delay it for sure... very fast from major city to major city but from there it can take time.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Was 4 business days with NAVL for one I did ....only traveled 900 miles. That being said...took 2 weeks to get the thing on the truck.

Wow !
    From where to where?
    4 days seems really fast to me.

And I have to ask, "2 weeks to get it on the truck" ???

#9 10 years ago

So you are asking in two different types of Freight.

LTL Less then TRUCK Load..EG Freight. This is how most NIB pinballs ship, I can ship most places in 3-5 Days from Denver.

NAVL/STI is Blanket Wrap Shipping.. Basically it moves on the back of Moving trucks to your local Moving Company affiliate. This can take longer as it has to find it way onto trucks going your direction that have room, its not like they have regularly scheduled trucks like LTL Freight does. Sometimes they think they have a truck for it to go on and ti turns out The Smiths need more Moving Truck Space then expected so there isn't room.. I have seen NAVL say 2 weeks and take 2 Months Ive also seen them say 2 weeks and 3 days later its ready for delivery.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

So you are asking in two different types of Freight.
    LTL Less then TRUCK Load..EG Freight. This is how most NIB pinballs ship, I can ship most places in 3-5 Days from Denver.
    NAVL/STI is Blanket Wrap Shipping.. Basically it moves on the back of Moving trucks to your local Moving Company affiliate. This can take longer as it has to find it way onto trucks going your direction that have room, its not like they have regularly scheduled trucks like LTL Freight does. Sometimes they think they have a truck for it to go on and ti turns out The Smiths need more Moving Truck Space then expected so there isn't room.. I have seen NAVL say 2 weeks and take 2 Months Ive also seen them say 2 weeks and 3 days later its ready for delivery.

Good info. and makes perfect sense. Thank you.

I'm assuming if you go LTL, it means almost a guaranteed date of delivery...... and you pay more.
    "Blanket wrap" sounds a lot more risky with no time line, probably less expensive.

Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

What are you getting now Mark?

Heya Jim!

Who? Me? Getting something new? Why I never..........

Maybe it's something going instead of coming?

Why, you headed S.W. any time soon ?? hehehe

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheGMan:

Good info. and makes perfect sense. Thank you.
    I'm assuming if you go LTL, it means almost a guaranteed date of delivery...... and you pay more.
    "Blanket wrap" sounds a lot more risky with no time line, probably less expensive.
    Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't.

With Freight unless you pay for Guaranteed but it generally much faster then Blanket Wrap.

Normally Blanket Wrap is more expensive but they will take a machine, package it (Blanket Wrap it) and so forth. LTL has to be Boxed, or crated, and a pallet is recommended if its not a tough box.

#14 10 years ago

With banket wrap, Is there more of a chance of it being moved from 1 truck to another,
    "piggy backing" it to it's destination?

Moving it from truck to truck creates more chance of damaging it.

#15 10 years ago

I would imagine that's is the case and hence the huge variation in delivery times with that service.

-Jim

#16 10 years ago

It took NAVL almost a month to get one from Colorado to California once. But it got here.
    Pilot ships in two days.

#17 10 years ago

I have shipped 3 pins from CA to VA and in every instance they arrived in exactly one week from pick up with STI. That said, I live rural and I pick them up at the destination distrubution center. They have an every other week delivery from distrubution to rural areas so depending on how it falls it would be another week to two weeks if I waited for the final delivery. From Jersey to VA (two different shipments) it was three days.

#18 10 years ago

This is not necessarily true. I know for a fact they have at least some regularly scheduled trucks. I've had game "miss" the truck, and the game had to wait week for the next truck which only ran weekly.

Also, I just shipped something NAVL. You can call the corporate 800 number and they know the exact route it's going to take, it's all scheduled. However, games do tend to miss the truck like I said.

Quoted from Gexchange:

its not like they have regularly scheduled trucks like LTL Freight does.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheGMan:

Wow !
    From where to where?
    4 days seems really fast to me.
    And I have to ask, "2 weeks to get it on the truck" ???

Omaha, NB to Houston, TX.....was calling every other day after it was not picked up within the first 4 days.

#20 10 years ago

Hmmmm, so it looks like 4 days to 2 months.
    And now I understand there are basically 2 ways, most common, to ship.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheGMan:

Hmmmm, so it looks like 4 days to 2 months.

Yes but from my experience 90% of the time its between 1-2 weeks with NAVL and 3-5 days with a regular trucking company...

#22 10 years ago

STI took three weeks.

I just used UPS Freight for my last one, specifically using shipping centers from New Mexico to Indianapolis took 3 business days, I was incredibly impressed, and it was at least $150 cheaper. The key was the seller being willing to pallet the game and wrap it up nicely and drop at a shipping center.

Below is the contact info of Jordan Hill who I worked with through freightwire to arrange the shipping. He was incredibly helpful through the whole process. I will use them again without hesitation.

Jordan Hill
    Sales Manager
    O: (877) 331-5123 x 108
    F: (801) 736-7940
    [email protected] | www.freightwire.com
    Agent Partner of England Logistics

#23 10 years ago

Here in the Tampa area I could have my game shipped or picked up 4 or 5 days of the week. But when I have a game picked up from a rural area, their local affiliate might only have 1 pick up or drop off in that area per week. If you were getting a game shipped from a rural area to a rural area, I would allow two weeks at the very earliest from the time you coordinate the details. Maybe you could get lucky and it would be a bit faster, but doubtful.

This is my experience with NAVL

#24 10 years ago

I'm going to say that it's definitely all over. I had a pin shipped from SC up to me in NJ a year or so ago with STI. Took them a bit over two weeks.
    I had a pin shipped from CA to me in NJ, damn thing got here in 3-4 days.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

STI took three weeks.
    I just used UPS Freight for my last one, specifically using shipping centers from New Mexico to Indianapolis took 3 business days, I was incredibly impressed, and it was at least $150 cheaper. The key was the seller being willing to pallet the game and wrap it up nicely and drop at a shipping center.
    Below is the contact info of Jordan Hill who I worked with through freightwire to arrange the shipping. He was incredibly helpful through the whole process. I will use them again without hesitation.
    Jordan Hill
    Sales Manager
    O: (877) 331-5123 x 108
    F: (801) 736-7940
    [email protected] | http://www.freightwire.com
    Agent Partner of England Logistics

Wow, I did not know UPS would do a pin! definitely good info. thanks!

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

I'm going to say that it's definitely all over. I had a pin shipped from SC up to me in NJ a year or so ago with STI. Took them a bit over two weeks.
    I had a pin shipped from CA to me in NJ, damn thing got here in 3-4 days.

Ok, not quite as far, but I'm thinking this time period is what I can expect.
    2 weeks or just over.

#27 10 years ago

What experience do you or does someone you know have at trying to collect on an insurance claim if UPS damages the game? I'd rather spend the extra $150 and wait an extra week if I know that I'll get paid if they destroy my $3,000 game.

One thing STI is known for is actually paying when they mess up.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

I just used UPS Freight for my last one, specifically using shipping centers from New Mexico to Indianapolis took 3 business days, I was incredibly impressed, and it was at least $150 cheaper.

#28 10 years ago

My game was a game I paid $1500 for, and it was insured based on weight for $4500 through them. I had the option to purchase additional insurance. No experience with making any claims though both games I have shipped have shown up in the exact condition described.

#29 10 years ago

I had a pin shipped through NAVL from Ohio to Iowa. Took 3 weeks and cost $400. Don't know if I would do it again. There are a lot of other options available.

#30 10 years ago

I just received a pin shipped from Tampa to Chicago, through STI, took 7 days. They arrived for pick up and drop off exactly when they said they would. Pin was very carefully blanket wrapped and corner protected. Arrived without a scratch. Insured for $4000. Shipping was $404. I would use again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-long-should-it-take and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.