(Topic ID: 231286)

How long is too long for a damaged item to be fixed from shipping?

By Doctor6

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181115_133233 (resized).jpg
    20181115_130428 (resized).jpg
    20181115_130422 (resized).jpg
    20181115_125649 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

So I bought a Walking Dead Premium from little shop of games....

So, I got something shipped via RoadRunner (which, by the way, these guys ARE shit. I have no problem telling you who the shipping company was. Avoid these guys, as they are terrible). I received my game with a huge gash in the box. Now this isn't my first rodeo getting new pins. I immediately investigated the game on the inside where the damage was. Thank god, somehow, it was fine. There was another one that seemed pretty small. I didn't think anything of it. I looked it over and signed for the game. As the guys were walking away, I noticed that under the coin box, the little damage in the box is where the game inside was also damaged. I pointed it out to the guys and had them take tons of pics. There's even a note that said if anything is damaged to contact this person. I did. He was worthless both times I've talked to him and said the retailer is the one who has to call him.

That's been about a month and a half ago. I contacted the retailer, who told me I shouldn't have signed for it. I told him I signed after I looked over the rest of the box which was in crap shape. I also told him I pointed it out before they left. He then told me, after removing it from the box (which is when I saw the damage) that I shouldn't have kept it. Not the things you wanna hear from someone you just paid a lot of money to.

So, he said he would file a claim. How long does one have to wait for a claim to go through under these circumstances? The longer I wait, the madder I'm getting. The retailer's "go fuck yourself" style attitude also has me a little pissed. I've been super nice about this, and I think many would have flipped off the handle. Should I have gotten more angry to get my way? Nobody seems to want to help. Am I basically fucked?
    20181115_130422 (resized).jpg20181115_130422 (resized).jpg20181115_133233 (resized).jpg20181115_133233 (resized).jpg20181115_130428 (resized).jpg20181115_130428 (resized).jpg20181115_125649 (resized).jpg20181115_125649 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Should of never accepted it.
    Not sure how long a claim should take, but 6 weeks doesn't sound to long.

#3 5 years ago

After I signed for it I should have crossed my name out? Legit question.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

After I signed for it I should have crossed my name out? Legit question.

Yes or just snatched the paper from him. Anything within your means to avoid him leaving with a signed copy.

Ultimately just don't sign for stuff before you are done inspecting.

#5 5 years ago

Your pretty much screwed at this point, nobody is going to "help" you out, they already got what they wanted out of you. Not trying to burst your bubble but just pointing out the obvious. Good luck if you put a fight and keep us informed.

John

#6 5 years ago

If you signed off, & noted box was damaged. Keep fighting the battle with the shipper. Pictures help out, & have other parties witness the damage. New products should be insured by the carrier. Years ago I got AC/DC BIB which Stern had repaired the bottom, & sold anyways. I lived with it, but some times they don`t care (Stern Quality control)!

#7 5 years ago

Well thank you for giving me nightmares of my worst case situation. Honestly when a NIB game is dropped off to me I immediately hand the shippers a $20 and say thank you for waiting while I unbox the game and examine. As long as I do this and explain what I just paid for the game they have always been super cool about hanging out. Keep in mind I still do this with an undamaged box. Holy shit on a box that looks like yours I would have gone over the game with a magnifying glass.

Shipping companies seem like tow truck companies, tough as fuck to fight with.

#8 5 years ago

Yikes! My condolences- that looks awful. I think your anger at the retailer is misplaced- you should be angriest with the shipping company, who seems to be most at fault for the damage, and a little bit at yourself (sorry) for signing the form given the horrible condition of the game and box. Best of luck with fighting the shipper- that is still probably your best bet, although it will be a real uphill battle. Truly hope it all works out for you- that's a lousy experience.

I agree with the approach above of not signing for deliveries unless you've thoroughly looked over the condition of the machine. Recently bought a NIB and told the delivery guy I won't sign until I check the machine (my box had a smaller gash/tear in the cardboard, and I wanted to be sure). He was super cool about it and replied "absolutely- looks pretty valuable, so you should check it out." Turned out the game was in great condition despite the ripped box, and I gave the delivery guy some cash for waiting a few minutes while I unboxed/inspected.

That experience seems the exception, though- usually the driver just wants to get on with the rest of their deliveries and pressures you to sign so they can get the hell out. I had one driver yell at me that I had to sign without inspecting or else he was leaving. I told him he is welcome to leave without a signed form, and I'd just arrange re-delivery with another driver. I'm not trying to take up someone's time, but I'm also not going to accept delivery without inspecting first, especially if the packaging is damaged. Sorry for your situation though- hope you're able to get it sorted out sooner rather than later.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-long-is-too-long-for-a-damaged-item-to-be-fixed-from-shipping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.