(Topic ID: 33138)

How long have you owned your favorite pin?

By funkeman

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by at_t_2d
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HEP_MM.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Pinside! I'm fairly new to the hobby -- woops, I mean the *addiction* -- and I'm honestly trying to not browse Pinside as much when I'm at work.

Just wondering ... I've seen a lot of posts by people who seem like they continually cycle their collection. Maybe every 6 months to a year they trade out a pin. I know a bunch of you probably have your favorite pin that you'll take to your grave. So I'm wondering ... how long have you owned your favorite pin? And for those of you who constantly rotate pins, what's the longest you've ever held onto one?

Got my Tron LE a little over a month ago and am loving it. Can't see myself ever getting rid of it. The only issue now is how to make room for my next machine ...

#2 11 years ago

Favourite pin = MM

Arrival of 1st MM we owned: 1998
    Departure of 1st MM: 2002
    Length of ownership: 4 years

Arrival of 2nd MM (see picture below): 2007
    Departure date of 2nd MM: never
    Length of ownership: currently 5 years

So looks like the total is 9 years (and still lovin' it).

I must say though our new pimped out Tron Pro 2D is an amazing pin as well, been here 58 days at this point and I can see it putting it MM ownership type time at our place!

HEP_MM.JPGHEP_MM.JPG

#3 11 years ago

I'm working on 5 years with my SM...but I've had my FGY just a tad longer.

#4 11 years ago

Little over 8 yrs for my Star Race.

#5 11 years ago

My first one is still the favorite, Harlem Globetrotters. Bought on Aug. 10th, 1996 at a garage sale for $200. Plus after owning 446 different pins over the years its just easier to tell people that the first one is still the favorite and would be the last to leave.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#6 11 years ago

its not my favorite, or even in my top 5 i have, but i have had T2 since 1999. wont ever get rid of it.

#7 11 years ago

1999 AFM...MB and RFM (in that order)

Still got'em all

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Plus after owning 446 different pins over the years its just easier to tell people that the first one is still the favorite and would be the last to leave.

WTF?! FOUR HUNDRED AND FORTY-SIX? Please tell me you are/were an operator and this was not just for a personal collection. Wait. Please tell me it *is* just for a personal collection ...

#9 11 years ago

Theatre of Magic 10 years now. Still love it!

#10 11 years ago

I don't own my favorite pin.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from funkeman:

WTF?! FOUR HUNDRED AND FORTY-SIX? Please tell me you are/were an operator and this was not just for a personal collection. Wait. Please tell me it *is* just for a personal collection ...

Didn't own them all once so dont have a heart attack.
    Most have come and gone, but 70 of them are in the collection, and there's another dozen or more here awaiting there fate. Never was or will be a operator, just picked them up here and there. Matter of fact I've bought 9 games just this past week alone.....busy busy.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi
    269-979-3836

#12 11 years ago

Since May 2012. AC/DC BIB LE!

#13 11 years ago

My current fav is Jackbot.... have owned it for about 3 years. My former favorite, IJ, I have owned for 13+ years

#14 11 years ago

1 year for my HUO TSPP!!!!!

#15 11 years ago

Fishtales, I've had it a few years now. I've actually been thinking of selling it lately...

BSD I've had a couple years, and really don't wanna ever sell it...

#16 11 years ago

AFM

1 year and 10 months. I bought it on my 40th birthday. It was pretty good when I bought it, but now it's a 9.5 out of 10. I have no plans to get rid of it.

#17 11 years ago

My absolute favorite is 4 Queens by Bally. It took me eighteen years to find one. I've had it for about twelve years now.

#18 11 years ago

My fave is TZ. I've only had it 3 months.

#19 11 years ago

Sm about 4 or 5 years

#20 11 years ago

Sopranos machine #1
    Routed machine bought in 2009. Had it for a year, till I was in dire need of money. It's at Ground Kontrol now.
    Sopranos machine #2
    Routed machine (but alittle nicer) bought it in 2011. Had it for about six months and traded sopranos and $500 for the shadow and demolition man both very nice...how do you say no to that?
    One month later...
    Sopranos machine #3
    Huo loaded to the gills with cool mods bbought six months ago...last sopranos I'll have to buy.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I don't own my favorite pin.

+1

#22 11 years ago

TFTC. Just got it after Thanksgiving holiday and will be my first pin. I am waiting on delivery and should be here Monday or Tuesday. Plan to take it to the grave. Stay tuned.

#23 11 years ago

I bought my Black Knight 2000 in 2000, still have it, don't ever intend to let it go unless for some reason I got a stupendous deal on a better one. The better one would have to have the futuristic plastics as well, unless I felt industrious enough to swap plastics.

#24 11 years ago

Had Roadshow about 12 years now. Had CFTBL about 13, but RS is my favourite

#25 11 years ago

I'll realistically never own my favorite machine, so I'll just have to make one that I already own my favorite.

Hoping AC/DC Premium will end up being the one, as it'll cost $3400 more than any other pin I've bought....

#26 11 years ago

Whitewater 12 years. And MM 10.

#27 11 years ago

My 1st pinball was/is Funhouse purchased in 94'. I still have Funhouse, but not the original one I bought then.

The oldest and longest kept pins are; Tommy & CFTBL both purchased in 95'

#28 11 years ago

Roadshow=12 years, 1st pin

#29 11 years ago

MM - going on 9 years now.

#30 11 years ago

A pin does not last with me longer then 2 or 3 months but I'm really digging fish tales might stick around for awhile but when I get my hands on Tz that's not going anywhere but on the other hand I said that about creature and prob getting ready to sell it so who knows

#31 11 years ago

1st pin Sing a long. 1971.
    Longest newer pin Fish tales 14 years, just traded.
    Longest...1932 Baffle Ball, No fun, but 31 years.

Longest I think will be Xmen, or TZ.

I tell my wife to bury me in a pin cab!

#32 11 years ago

Some guys I know trade games in and out all the time, to the point where they have an almost completely different collection every 2 years. I personally tend to hang on to the games I love that I have been lucky enough to acquire. I have had TZ for over 6 years now, AFM and Mystery Castle for about 4. Those would be the last games I would part with. The longest though is the Big Shot that has been in my family since the 80's. My one friend likes to take jabs at me for getting so attached to my collection, but I love the games that I love and there's not much out there I would prefer to have in their place.

#33 11 years ago

My first pin, and one of my favorites, is a Gtb Spiderman. Have owned
    it for 25 years. The same is more or less true for most of my collection.
    Over the years I've had well over 100 pins cycle in and out of my
    collection. I've kept my favorites (47 is all I have room for), so
    I've got what could be called a 'mature' collection.
    Steve

#34 11 years ago

LoTR: going on 7 years.

My wife's favorite: FGY - 4 years, then I sold it. THEN she tells me it's her favorite lol

#36 11 years ago

Got my first pin Firepower 12 years ago ! Still have it.

#37 11 years ago

Hmmm...had my TZ for 7ish years?

#38 11 years ago

My favorite is TZ and I have had it for 16 years.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-long-have-you-owned-your-favorite-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.