Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by schudel5
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220110-134819 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220109-173447-400 (resized).png
    There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

I was just looking at my Pinside profile and Jan 21 I will have been on here 18 years.

#2 2 years ago

Mine says 7 years registered but I was a user way before I registered

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

I was just looking at my Pinside profile and Jan 21 I will have been on here 18 years.

Wow, I didn't even think the site was that old.

I only came over begrudgingly after the mass R-G-P exodus in 2012 once the google newsgroup reader had it's final fatal glitch that made it too annoying to access, but even then i though Pinside was only a few years old. Avoided it early on as it had very little tech info (alot of the tech posters on RGP seemed like the final hold-outs) and the running jokes was so many "will it fit into...." posts about which cars can hold which pins.

also looks like I have nearly the same amount of posts as you in half the time, but I don't post that often anymore.

#4 2 years ago

10 -
    lurked for 3 and now have had an account for 7
    still frequent it A LOT
    wake up and night and check it
    I can confidently state that I would not enjoy the hobby nearly as much if it wasn't for pinside...

#5 2 years ago

18 years? Congrats! I’d be willing to bet no one has been on here longer than you. You must be an original member.

#6 2 years ago

Damn Bowling Jim! I wish I was buying pins back when you 1st joined Pinside!

#8 2 years ago

Same here. This year is 18 for me too.

#9 2 years ago

Five years for me today.

#10 2 years ago

1 year for this old codger that just turned 68.

#11 2 years ago

I started lurking in 2004 but didn’t create an account till about 5 years ago

#12 2 years ago

Too long!

9 years.

#13 2 years ago

For however long it says to the left or above depending on the device you are viewing pinside on.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

18 years? Congrats! I’d be willing to bet no one has been on here longer than you. You must be an original member.

You can access a list on here that tells when each person first joined and how long it's been. It has every single member. Below is a pic of the top few:
    Screenshot_20220109-173447-400 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220109-173447-400 (resized).png

#15 2 years ago

Obviously not long enough.

LTG : )

#16 2 years ago

Lurking for 10 years....
    Joined sept ? 2020.

#17 2 years ago

15 years this year

#18 2 years ago

Quit the fake lurking numbers people

#19 2 years ago

Looks like 10.5yrs, joined here after I could no longer log into my RGP account, which I had for years.

#20 2 years ago

Just signed up today.

#21 2 years ago

Lurking for 48 years, joined 4 years ago.

#22 2 years ago

5 years and a few months! I joined pretty much the day I found Pinside and decided to buy a pinball machine. It’s hilarious looking back at how green I used to be... And how much there still is to learn!

Quoted from Daditude:

You can access a list on here that tells when each person first joined and how long it's been. It has every single member. Below is a pic of the top few:
    [quoted image]

The first members are Robin and his brother Martijn at 1001 and 1002 respectively. Bowling Jim is the 764th person to join Pinside, probably earlier considering the test accounts and duplicates made in the early days.

The website was started in 2002-ish, (the current one we use today at least) I believe some of the project dates even earlier. So the earliest/oldest possible users have been on the website for 19 years.

#23 2 years ago

About 45 seconds

#24 2 years ago

It's amazing some of you guys are still here after all this time. I first joined Pinside in 2009, and I thought it was so slow back then that I essentially gave up on it and I didn't even bother to keep my login info. Previously I was on a forum called Pin Country before I came to Pinside, but Pinside's popularity eventually crushed that forum and we all jumped ship for good. The amount of members and traffic from then till now is amazing.

I remember when the topics on the front page wouldn't change for a day or two at a time. I'm glad it's not like that anymore, but it has lost a bit of its tight knit, community vibe.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Quit the fake lurking numbers people
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"8251ee495011e523bf1d3d954b48a36b2ae72db8-1641778668-1800"};
    //]]>

On for 12 years, lurked for 20 before that

#26 2 years ago

8 years

#27 2 years ago

Way before there was a forum. That's all I know.

#28 2 years ago

Got my first pin in June 2020 and discovered this site shortly thereafter.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Just signed up today.

I don't think they are talking troll accounts.

#30 2 years ago

It's incredible! 7K people currently on Pinside. That would have been a pipe dream when I first joined this forum. Oddly enough 6K of them are lurkers.

#31 2 years ago

Today? About 3 hours

Edit: 4 now

#32 2 years ago

Started on R.G.P. in 2001, then migrated here in late 2011.

#33 2 years ago

Ditto RGP in 2001. Longer there than here.

#34 2 years ago

What kind of achievement do you get for 18 years? I remember getting old timer 2 at 4 or 5 years.

#35 2 years ago

June 6th of 2012 for me... that would have been 4 months after returning back to the states after a year in Korea.

#36 2 years ago

Wasn't sure so I looked in the account section. There are achievements for active time - the "old timer" - which I apparently earned the 5 year version in 2019, so I guess transitioned from reader to poster back in 2014. I still do a lot more reading than posting - I guess that's just my nature.

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#37 2 years ago

10 years. And I’ve seen some shit.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

10 years. And I’ve seen some shit.

You're from ASS hill. I'm SURE you've seen your fair share of shit.

#39 2 years ago

Can someone tell me where I can find out that info. I have no idea.

#40 2 years ago

Over 10 yrs for me now.

Learned a lot, and laughed a lot from hanging out here on Pinside.
    Great way to keep in contact with Pinball friends.
    Looking fwd to TPF in late March, and hope to make it to other pinball events in 2022.

#41 2 years ago

My original profile is 12 yrs. 2 year ratings reader before.

#42 2 years ago

Been here for 9+ years, i was lurking for the maximum amount of years possible before that.. and actually i had been thinking about creating a pinball forum before i became a lurker here, so in a way i feel like i have pre-lurker status here!

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from BigT:

Lower right side of your avatar. 7y and you have 4 games.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from BigT:

If you mean how many online and how many guests. Click on Forum - towards the right side and a little left of "Dear Lloyd".

#45 2 years ago

In my 13th year.

#46 2 years ago

Not long enough here. I am still in the hunt for that perfect pinball machine!

#47 2 years ago

7 years and I still haven’t learnt proper online etiquette

#48 2 years ago

Long enough to remember when there wasn’t that many new games out and people were able to buy whatever the new game was and whatever model they wanted and everyone talked pretty much about that same game and even more about the classics.

#49 2 years ago

Long enough to have left many upvotes, and never a single downvote.

#50 2 years ago

long enough not to care about he pinside top 100

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-long-have-you-been-on-pinside-1?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.