Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by schudel5
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220110-134819 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220109-173447-400 (resized).png
    There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

No lurking . Signed up on day one .

#52 2 years ago

Came across from google rec games pinball something . Remember Bowling Jim and Old fireman from those days.

#53 2 years ago

I’ve been here long enough to see Zidware, Highway, Dutch and Deeproot fool a bunch of fools.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I’ve been here long enough to see Zidware, Highway, Dutch and Deeproot fool a bunch of fools.

Oh yeah. Skit B. Who else was going to show Stern how it’s really done?

#55 2 years ago

16 years (next month 17 years)

#56 2 years ago

Lurked for 6 years after canning Facebook finally made a profile last spring. Glad I did would much rather argue with you guys atleast we have something in common man that place is a dumpster fire!

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Way before there was a forum. That's all I know.

Huh... I cannot remember the pre-forum days, but it looks like I must have used it for something. Registered May 2nd, 2003.

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

I was just looking at my Pinside profile and Jan 21 I will have been on here 18 years.

I don’t believe you. Prove it.

#59 2 years ago

Joined October 15th, 2015.

Kind of an interesting story, I guess... I've been collecting since 2004, and spent most of my time on RGP, or reading physical pinball books (I had all the volumes of the pinball compendium) back in those days. When I was in college, and completely broke, I really didn't touch pinball much at all. I just hit the pause button on it. Every 6 months or so, I remember having to sell a game to break even with books and gas (Thanks Buck Rogers for funding the road trip to Montreal!). That was from ~2009 to ~2014. When I finally got my first good paying job after college, I went to the White Room Game Room Show. Found an Earthshaker there that I really wanted.

Since I had been so far out of the hobby for more than half a decade, I distinctly recall googling "Earthshaker pinball" just to get some info on it, what parts were being remade, and just to get an idea on all the particulars. I was thinking the first results would be IPDB or Marco or something. But pinside kept coming up as the first hit. I was actually kind of appalled by it. "What was this stupid pinside forum, and why is it clogging up my search results?!" I thought. Lame. I actually would actively avoid it because I had no idea if it was even reputable.

Boy howdy, am I glad I came around to see the light. After googling other pinball machines, and with pinside continuing to pop up as the first hit, I figured I'd just bite the bullet and join. It was simultaneously the best and worst decision I've ever made. It was the best, because the amount of connections and friendships I've made here is incredible. It was the worst decision, because the easy access to game information and tools and other resources has easily cost me $30k in game purchases over the years (but that's still an okay problem in my book )

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

Lurking for 48 years, joined 4 years ago.

So funny! Love it.

#61 2 years ago

I’m pretty sure I made up an account 4 or 5 years before this current one and posted once or twice. Decided this site sucked ass, went on living my life. Then forgot the username and/or password. So had to make up a new one. Though not totally sure, because those were some cloudy years. Before that, I was a lurker when Robin had it on the college mainframe computer. Back then it was just a rating site for which 70s back glasses had the best boobs..

#62 2 years ago

Wasting my life on Pinside since 2011.

Before that, wasted my life on RGP for 8 years.

#63 2 years ago

18 years already, on my way to 19.

#64 2 years ago

11 years registered. I lurked for a few years before that, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't even a forum on Pinside at that time. EM games weren't catalogued here either. RGP was still my main forum until the Pinside forum took off.

#65 2 years ago

2,192 straight days. (6 years)

Screenshot_20220110-134819 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220110-134819 (resized).png
    There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-long-have-you-been-on-pinside-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.