Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How Many Years Have You Been Collecting Pins?”

• Less than 2 years 102 votes
      33%
    • Between 2 and 5 years 74 votes
      24%
    • Less than 10, but more than 5 62 votes
      20%
    • 10+ years 71 votes
      23%

(309 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docscott.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 11 years ago

Two years, been through 25 pins and have 18 with four on order, including Predator, Nemo, ZA and now X-men. It took a lot of time and effort (and money) to build up a decent collection! I love the old ones and the new ones.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

I bought my first pin in 1996. I went to an auction with $1000 looking for a STTNG. Little did I know that even though there were 2 STTNGs at the auction they were going for the sky high price of $1200!!! I had to settle for one of my other favorites a Cyclone for $600.
    The Cyclone stayed with me, but began to get neglected because I was low on room and it slowly got covered up with storage clutter. In the spring of 09 I decided to do some spring cleaning and I not only uncovered the Cyclone, but decided to get it restored. This was going to take a good bit of time (complete playfield touch-up and clear coat, new everything, ect...) so I decided to look for another pin to keep me busy. After some research I decided on a Spider-Man. Figuring that this would be my only NIB purchase I sprung for Black Spider-Man. After throwing down a "late to the party" premium of cash and a lot of hassle later I received and loved my Black Spider-Man. I can't imagine picking a game that would make me as happy without even playing or seeing one.
    Since then, Cyclone has returned home, looking beautiful, and I have had a Police Force, Last Action Hero, and most recently picked up a Baywatch. I have a max capacity of 3 game, so my first pin (Cyclone) reciently got sold after almost 16 years. I needed to make room and raise some cash for the X-Men Wolverine LE #94 that will be arriving soon. I though I was also going to be selling off my Baywatch to fund the purchase, but thanks to some panic ebay-ing that won't be needed.
    So I say I have been a pin owner since 96, but a collector since 09.

great story

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docscott.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-long-have-you-been-collecting?tu=docscott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.