(Topic ID: 97262)

How long has your quest been to find a certain pin?

By Schusler

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by PEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GEDC1256.JPG
GEDC1254.JPG
GEDC1235.JPG

#1 7 years ago

Even if it's ongoing or there was closure...

Name of machine and years on the lookout.

Mine - Gottlieb Punk!. Looked at the RGP archives, and I had 'wanted to buy' post from 2008.

#2 7 years ago

Longest: Banzai Run, 4 years.
Shortest: Star Gazer, 5 minutes.

#3 7 years ago

Longest: Indiana Jones (Williams), still looking locally and keeping hope alive. No dice. Just refuse to pay shipping fees on a game thats so heavily priced.

#4 7 years ago

I wanted a Popeye for a long time and just got one today. I wasn't aggressively pursuing one, but it was a few years in the making.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Longest: Indiana Jones (Williams), still looking locally and keeping hope alive. No dice. Just refuse to pay shipping fees on a game thats so heavily priced.

Got really lucky w/ my IJ

I wasn't really looking for one...then one popped up on CL...$4000

Snagged it right away...it's in great shape too.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Got really lucky w/ my IJ
I wasn't really looking for one...then one popped up on CL...$4000
Snagged it right away...it's in great shape too.

*sigh* Rub it in! That's awesome. Hope I can fall into that trap, closest one near me is $5000. I would consider trading my ST Pro and DM for a real nice one if it were possible.

#7 7 years ago

Longest: Centaur, Fathom, Black Hole: roughly 6 months.
-mof

#8 7 years ago

Longest WOZ took over 2 years

I think RAZA is going to take twice as long

Mousin Around has been on my wishlist t f or a year a d

#9 7 years ago

Wow... Kewl thread! Mine: Haunted House. For like 15 years, each and Every time I get close to scoring my "Mad Mansion", either a day or a dollar short! ~SpOoKy

#10 7 years ago

It took me a very long time to track down a nice Ali. It also took me 7 years to find a Fireball within driving distance. I think the next longest time would probably be Torpedo Alley at 5 years. I actually found two of them in two weeks

I mean, if you have enough money, finding stuff is easier. However, sometimes older games just aren't out there any more for any price and you have to be patient.

#11 7 years ago

It's not the quest for the pin that's a problem for me, it's a quest for the money :/

#12 7 years ago

Going on three months looking for a good local deal on a Metallica.

#13 7 years ago

over a year and a half to get my lotr.

#14 7 years ago

sorry, OP, but I've been searching for a Punk for quite a while too. Haven't kept exact time, but its been several years.

#15 7 years ago

GnR over two years and counting.

#16 7 years ago

12 years to find a Charlies Angels EM. version. Highest priced I ever paid for a game at that time and after owning it for 5-6 years I just recently sold it.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#17 7 years ago

Bally 4 Queens. 18 years to find & acquire. This was basically pre-internet. Once the internet was "invented", I soon was made aware of one in Springfield, MA and got it.

#18 7 years ago

I'm kind of new to collecting, so I haven't had much on my WTB list for long.

It took about 2 years until I was in position to acquire a CFTBL, and I'm picking one up this weekend in trade.

#19 7 years ago

A local TOTAN - 8 months. I'll give up after 10years though

#20 7 years ago

Been looking for a reasonably priced Carribean Cruise or Night Moves without acid damage for over two years.

#21 7 years ago

Asteroid Annie - havent been looking too long - but just about everyone that has one is holding on to her. The other people are on the fence...

#22 7 years ago

Fathom. Since I first played it in 1982. Just got it last summer. So sweet!

#23 7 years ago

Over a year and a half searching for a Frontier.....still searching.

#24 7 years ago

about a year for a Bally ST. On my way to pick it up, got a call from a guy who asked if I wanted a pin. When I asked the title, he said "Bally ST. Two in one day.............

#25 7 years ago

Three years for a nice Congo

#26 7 years ago

Banzai. 5 years. Scored one about 8 months ago. Just got it sorted about a month ago. Great machine

#27 7 years ago

Been looking for a Mystery Castle since the late 90's.

#28 7 years ago

It took me 12 years to find a nice Jolly Park. I finally landed one a little over a year ago.

#29 7 years ago

9 or 10 years for my Quicksilver. Its been 2 or 3 years for Star Gazer so far. Let's see if it takes longer than QS did.

#30 7 years ago

Been about 2 years for T2 within distance and price range....That quest is now over.

I think my longest search was for two I owned before but sold......Finally got them back after 10 years....STTNG and DE 25th Ann. ST. I still need the 3rd I owned, the 1978 Bally ST and now the Stern ST (prefer LE) but need to save $$

(yeah, I know....good luck in this hobby) LOL

#31 7 years ago

Been trying for a few years to play a BBB

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Been trying for a few years to play a BBB

If you're ever on the east coast and want to at least try a BBB, look me up.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from videorob:

If you're ever on the east coast and want to at least try a BBB, look me up.

Yeah buddy!

#34 7 years ago

Don't get me wrong....it's not mine...YET. But it's a friends that will open up his game room once a year.

I do have dibbs on it though....it's got about 130 plays on it, last I checked.

#35 7 years ago

I know at least 17 are mine. It is 100% HUO. It sits in his den, not in the gameroom. But he has let me bring collectors over to play a game.

#36 7 years ago

That's wild, so far I've seen two but neither one was playable

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

That's wild, so far I've seen two but neither one was playable

I also have it on my Virtual Pin cab...... It's really not the same as a real pin but it is 100% accurate to the game. You're welcome to play mine anytime after I get over a few health issues. All pain related.

I know Pinfedel has been waiting in the wings to come over and play the VP and a few real pins.....just need to overcome some health issues before I can be a good host.

#38 7 years ago

About a month. I'm REALLY not good at being patient, and haven't yet been sorry I paid too much for a pin I love. Better than being tortured by hearing about others enjoying theirs while I just think about maybe owning one someday.

#39 7 years ago

Looking for a few years for a nice working Gottlieb Buccaneer that's close to me.

#40 7 years ago

beelzeboob, Any game you want to try just let me know.....most I can incorporate into my VP cab and you are also welcome to stop by and play.

Granted...it's not the same as the real thing but it won't cost you $20,000 either!

#41 7 years ago

Still looking for a Stern Iron Maiden!!!
Also a wired Bally Voltan Pf, I have the rest!

Took a good 10 years to find an EM Bally Black Jack, EK & Mata Hari.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from videorob:

beelzeboob, Any game you want to try just let me know.....most I can incorporate into my VP cab and you are also welcome to stop by and play.
Granted...it's not the same as the real thing but it won't cost you $20,000 either!

VERY kind of you...thank you! I've never been able to warm up to VP, though. Tried it at Allentown, and it just made me wish I was either playing my Xbox or a real machine. It's kind of the Purgatory of Pinball. But I may just take you up on it the next time I'm up in Connecticut (which for some strange reason is where I find my second-hand games).

#43 7 years ago

Safecracker - five years, finally got it four months ago

#44 7 years ago

MM - got cashed up on the Wednesday. Now, I think, the long search begins..

One pops up on eVil the very next day, 50km down the road, go have a look - didn't like it..

Hang on says the seller, I've got a few more.. Takes me up to the shed - 6 MM's all in a row.

Take your pick he say of the 3 or 4 unsold remaining machines - Japan delivered all in squeaky clean condition - nice.

About three days for my MM.

#45 7 years ago

A couple years to find a MM within my price range

#46 7 years ago

I have been searching for a collector quality Stern Indiana Jones for over a year. It started to become a quest-like searching for the holy grail. Although I enjoy the hunt, I started to get impatient and discouraged. I had two CQ IJ's slip through my fingers and had four routed examples offered to me at a very good price. I almost gave in on a routed one for $3600. Patience is a virtue and it paid off for me. Now I am hunting for a CQ TX-Sector and Stargate at a decent price. The quest never ends.

GEDC1235.JPG GEDC1254.JPG GEDC1256.JPG
#47 7 years ago

~19 years for a TAF.

Granted that was from when I played it as a kid in 92' and vowed I would own one "someday" until I finally dove in head first and bought my first pin.

Currently I guess Predator. Nearing 2 years since I signed up to get one.

#48 7 years ago

A JP in exceptional shape....about 3 or 4 years. I looked at several and past on them until I found the best one I had ever seen. After 15 or 20 hour shop job and removing the original black rubber, I have a keeper.....Until I need room or money.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!