(Topic ID: 70036)

How long does my Facebook question survive?

By judremy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Collin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    howlong.jpg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Posted about a minute ago on Facebook. How long does it survive?

howlong.jpghowlong.jpg
    #2 10 years ago

I wouldn't expect to see a "kind reply" to that kind of post.

You should have stopped after "Any chance there is one coming down the line for X-Men?" Everything after that is trolling, and you guaranteed that it will be deleted.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from judremy:

How long does it survive?

Because of your last 2 sentences, not long.

#4 10 years ago

IF they reply, I'm guessing it will be something just to placate you.

#5 10 years ago

I just went on _____'s FB page and posted "You suck" how long will it last?

Would you expect anyone to keep it?

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I just went on ____'s FB page and posted "You suck" how long will it last?

Dyson might.

LTG : )

#7 10 years ago

Someone else posted when will X-Men code be coming yesterday & it's still there..

#9 10 years ago

You wasted a good chance to pester about code, but you douched it up.

#10 10 years ago

I sometimes want to buy a Dyson, but it is always midway in the ratings in Consumer Reports.

For $600 I would expect it to clean my carpet better than anything else around.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I sometimes want to buy a Dyson, but it is always midway in the ratings in Consumer Reports.
    For $600 I would expect it to clean my carpet better than anything else around.

We bought our Dyson a few years ago and paid less than $400. Here is one for $399. I am not sure how much they are selling the Animal version but you can sign in to see the price.

http://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?storeId=10301&catalogId=10701&langId=-1&keyword=dyson

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I sometimes want to buy a Dyson,

For my business I get the cheapest vacuum I can. Expensive or cheap lasts the same for me and I never feel bad chucking a cheap one in a dumpster.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

For my business I get the cheapest vacuum I can. Expensive or cheap lasts the same for me and I never feel bad chucking a cheap one in a dumpster.

Dyson has a 5 year warranty.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from judremy:

Posted about a minute ago on Facebook. How long does it survive?

Nicely done sir, I was banned from Sterns fb for posting that wolvy/deadpool pic multiple times, you should start a poll in this thread if you've been banned or not from commenting on Stern's page...

#15 10 years ago

My wife still gets crayons and shit stuck in her Dyson as easy as she did the Hoover, but she thinks she is happier vacuuming with the Dyson, so I figure the extra money went to her perceived sanity.

Same rationalization as to why I have to have LEDs I suppose.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I just went on ____'s FB page and posted "You suck" how long will it last?

Quoted from LTG:

Dyson might.

Classic!

I love my Dyson.

#17 10 years ago

you had a chance,

until 'garbage'.

#18 10 years ago

I paid $400 for my Dyson (animal) in 2001 after going through 3 Best Buy Hoovers in 6 months. I have a 80 pound Chow-Golden mix that killed those 3 Hovers...both are still going strong. Haven't had to do anything to the Dyson except empty the bin...and plug it in. No complaints here...

Quoted from DCFAN:

We bought our Dyson a few years ago and paid less than $400. Here is one for $399. I am not sure how much they are selling the Animal version but you can sign in to see the price.
    http://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?storeId=10301&catalogId=10701&langId=-1&keyword=dyson

#19 10 years ago

You won't have to un-like them, since they'll block you from posting anyway.

#20 10 years ago

If we all go and post and they block us all who will be left?

#21 10 years ago

Post still up. Stern did respond too:

STERN PINBALL, INC. We will let you know any planned updates coming up!
    21 minutes ago · Like

#22 10 years ago

I'm used to threads going off-topic, but vacuum cleaners?

#23 10 years ago

Seriously, we have a Dyson and it is the best. Highly recommend. Also we have a Husky, hound mix, long haired cat, and 20 month old boy. Cleans up great after all those little hooligans.

#24 10 years ago

I've been blocked don't care

#25 10 years ago

My wife likes the way I vacuum the stairs with our dyson

#26 10 years ago

A thread derailed by vacuum talk! I bet that's a first on pinside.

#27 10 years ago

And I follow LTG's philosophy. Buy cheap, and throw it out when it starts acting up. Rinse and repeat

#28 10 years ago

My Eureka has lasted a lot longer than that hunk a junk Oreck my ex made me buy.

#29 10 years ago

I was banned months ago for respectfully questioning The Pin's pricing.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rcade:

IF they reply, I'm guessing it will be something just to placate you.

Quoted from Apollyon:

Post still up. Stern did respond too:
    STERN PINBALL, INC. We will let you know any planned updates coming up!
    21 minutes ago · Like

Yup.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from magnoliarichj:

If we all go and post and they block us all who will be left?

Ummm................we aren't everybody.

Lots of pinball people aren't on Pinside. ( yet )

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

My Eureka has lasted a lot longer than that hunk a junk Oreck my ex made me buy.

F---ing Oreck. They're just close enough to how you pronounce Aurich that I'm sick to death of people asking me "like the vacuum company?" How about "like the Bond villain?" you uncultured louts?

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

They're just close enough to how you pronounce Aurich that I'm sick to death of people asking me "like the vacuum company?"

Don't worry, my friend. They are now in bankruptcy and shouldn't be long for this world..................

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

And I follow LTG's philosophy. Buy cheap, and throw it out when it starts acting up. Rinse and repeat

Hmmmm... I wonder if this could work with pinball machines

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

My wife still gets crayons and shit stuck in her Dyson n

Dude...that's gross.

#36 10 years ago

I wish we could get a couple of the distributors to pester Stern a little bit for us. That is the real answer in my personal view.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wish we could get a couple of the distributors to pester Stern a little bit for us.

Please they aren't going to risk biting the golden nipple that they suckle on

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I'd bet if Trent tabled the issue at a meeting they would listen.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Quoted from centerflank:

I'd bet if Trent tabled the issue at a meeting they would listen.

I agree. I think if Trent, Gex, GAP, and Automated all demanded Stern complete the code so their customers were satisfied with the games they were sold that Stern would be quicker with code releases and make sure they completed code.

Stern doesn't want to bite the golden nipple either and they just cut out a lot of their smaller distributors.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Stern doesn't want to bite the golden nipple either and they just cut out a lot of their smaller distributors.

So in this metaphore Stern is now biting its own golden nipple? Things are getting freaky.

#41 10 years ago

Ah

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #42 10 years ago

so what are you guys waiting for?

Anyone that bought a NIB game that still has unfinished code should be calling and emailing BOTH their distributor and stern once every week.

SPAM the crap out of them. Let them know your displeasure with the lack of XMEN code, let them know you will be supporting other manufactures and distributors until STERN completes the backlog of code for games that are far from finished.

#43 10 years ago

Lets get to it, start emailing your distributors. Ill hit up JJ today.

#44 10 years ago

viva la revolution

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Lets get to it, start emailing your distributors. Ill hit up JJ today.

I'm in, I'll e-mail any distributor I have used and even the ones I don't use, along with Stern(even though I have many times to no avail)

#46 10 years ago

Your question is still there but they edited it.

#47 10 years ago

Well, if they didn't delete it, then I am good with it. I have seen others ask the SAME question respectfully, and it get deleted and then they are banned. Some of you say I trolled or douched it up, but I disagree. I basically told them what they needed to hear, which is that no answer or a deletion is the same as telling a customer to F off. Disagree? Fine. Go post a question about any updates coming and see if your post is deleted, then come back here and cry about it.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree. I think if Trent, Gex, GAP, and Automated all demanded Stern complete the code so their customers were satisfied with the games they were sold that Stern would be quicker with code releases and make sure they completed code.

What do you mean by "demanded"?

Because demanding something by simply saying "we demand it" isn't going to go very far. The demand has to have teeth. That means if the code isn't finished, the distributors won't buy it.

Like that's going to happen.

Distributors don't want to bite the golden nipple either! It's a two way street. And how are distributors going to know whether the code is complete when they pre order these? Take Stern's word for it?

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Take Stern's word for it?

Stern will need to ship me a game and I will decide if its complete.

#50 10 years ago

anyone else in on this "contact your distributor" revolution?

Stop just complaining on a message board and CALL and EMAIL. Let them know you are a previous client and you EXPECT more for what you have spent and IF they hope to have your business in the future. Your demands are reasonable. All you want is finished code for Xmen (it is the best case of a current game that is obviously not complete).

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-long-does-my-facebook-question-survive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.